• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 6, 2020

    Home security: 5 Best Portable Door Locks Reviews | Top Picks of 2020

    Home security: 5 Best Portable Door Locks Reviews | Top Picks of 2020


    5 Best Portable Door Locks Reviews | Top Picks of 2020

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    Best bedroom door lock for keeping a pesky roommate out?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I just came back from a weekend camping trip to find that my roommate had allowed five of his friends (people I don't know) from out of town to stay at our apartment. As annoying as that was, I was even more upset when I realized that these people had been in my room and my bathroom without my knowledge, doing god knows what after being out at local bars and such. My bedroom door handle has a lock but it is one that requires a pin to disable and it is extremely difficult to use, so I'm afraid of locking myself out. Is there a security device I can use when I leave my apartment to lock my bedroom door? I would prefer not to change the door handle completely if possible. I've done some google searches but most of the options only work if you're locking from the inside or want to switch out the door handle. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/LivelyJellyfish
    [link] [comments]

    I suspect my grandma of being abused at her old folks home and need a spy camera.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    Need a spy camera. Needs to last at least a week. Preferably doesn't need to be plugged in. There's no wifi there. I'd like it to go into an Sd or micro sd card that I can take home to review footage.

    submitted by /u/lM-PlCKLE-RlCK
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Security camera advice

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Hi. I'm looking for affordable security cameras for my home. My ideal security camera would: 1. be connected to power so it doesn't need to be charged. 2. Record footage 24/7 3. Live view 4. Holds recordings for AT LEAST 2 weeks online Ideas?

    submitted by /u/allrandomness
    [link] [comments]

    Canary - Future or Impending Obsolescence ?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    A few years ago, I invested in Canary devices (3 All-in-Ones (now called "Pros") and 4 Flexes) and a subscription. I thought Canary was decent. I liked the temperature sensor on the All-in-Ones. I wish the Flexes had that.

    I assumed Canary would continue to improve and expand their product range and services. But they haven't. - No spotlight camera. - No doorbell camera. - No 4K camera. - No facial recognition. - No additional sensors (temp, motion). - No (What else do competitors offer?)

    I'm now adding Ring doorbells and spotlights to some properties and am thinking that depending on how I like these Ring devices I might dump all my Canary devices for Ring devices.

    It took me a while to pull the trigger on Ring because there are so many (frankly too many) Ring doorbell variations. It was hard to understand the difference between all the different variations. I like that Canary hasn't cluttered their product line, but I expected them to add some new products over the years and maybe retire old ones. But, no movement at all. (Ok, they added the Canary View but that is just the Pro without a temperature sensor. A downgrade.)

    Is Canary doing anything to grow? Does Canary have a future in home security?

    🤯 How do they not have even a single simple doorbell camera by now? 🤯

    submitted by /u/41235
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex WiFi Camera Systems

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I'm looking for a good high quality WiFi camera and I've been eyeing the Lorex 1080p LWF2080B.

    They have everything I want in a camera including 24/7 recording, IP66 weatherproof for cold Canadian winters and zoning/motion detection.

    I've tried and returned the Arlo Pro 3 as the active zones and motion detection didn't work well to say the least. I'd have an active zone setup in my yard and vehicle motion detection turned off, and I'd still get motion detection notifications when vehicles drive by on the street. I'd also have to almost be standing in front of the camera for it to detect me straight on, even with sensitivity turned all the way up.

    Has anyone used Lorex WiFi Cameras before? What are your thoughts on them? How is the motion detection/zoning on these cameras?

    Would you recommend any other WiFi cameras besides Lorex? I've also been looking at some of Swanns WiFi cameras as well as EufyCam 2C that's available on Amazon.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/slushie365
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment