• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 1, 2020

    Home security: Something like vivint?

    Home security: Something like vivint?


    Something like vivint?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    I've seen these vivint units in many home. An all in one alarm panel and camera viewing.

    I'm no dummy. I know vivint is more or less a scam and costs a shit ton.

    Is there any alarm control panels that localize the alarm system along with camera viewing/recording like the vivint unit?

    Currently have a vista20p, but a GUI control panel and cameras with an easy to use interface would be awesome.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ReleaseAKraken
    [link] [comments]

    Frustrated with my Reolink 520 Cameras, what is a good alternative?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    My Reolink 520's have 3 cables that are fully exposed. I'm expected to re-crimp the Ethernet cables already ran, to place water proof sleeves, but it still leaves the power and reset buttons completely exposed. Placing tape of them isn't effective and ive lost 2 cameras already. How can these realistically be called outdoor cameras? Is there an alternative that are truly outdoor cameras, with only a single, protected, ethernet jack? Any other recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Dealous
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any differences between an Axis microSD card and a SanDisk

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    AXIS Surveillance Card 128 GB

    SanDisk 128 GB High Endurance Video MicroSDXC

    Im just trying to wrap my head on if there is a component level difference between these two SD cards and why on earth the Axis brand would be charging almost $1 = 1gb.

    Both sheets when compared are practically the same, the only difference I see is just the brand stamped on it.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/r1otctrl
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended security cameras for house without wifi

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Please be kind, I am new to this!

    Currently buying a house states away from where I currently live and won't move in for the foreseeable future. Therefore, I am looking into security systems for this home (have friends nearby who can install/be there if something needs to be installed for us) for the time being I am not living in it. What do you all recommend? We are trying to avoid WiFi but not sure how possible that would be given the distance. We want just a few cameras for peace of mind and to make sure nobody messes with the home while we aren't in it. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/kiwi_k8
    [link] [comments]

    High end camera system help.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    I have a job for a high end client for a house renovation, and I need to get a high end security camera system, money is not an issue, $20k, $30k doesn't matter it just has to be quality. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/USeeMe_Fall
    [link] [comments]

    Was I being recorded the whole time?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    I'm a delivery driver for my job. One of my stops was delivering to a house. I was there for about 30 minutes since I was taking my time and on the phone via bluetooth with a buddy of mine. For about 20 of those minutes we had some personal conversations, and also talked about odd shit. I noticed right before I was loading up to leave, I got closer to the camera I didn't notice earlier. That's when I heard it make a sound like a whistle and I saw it had red lights around it. Basically I'm asking, did it make the noise to signal it started to record at that moment, or what was the reason for it to make a whistle at me? I hope it didn't record audio the whole time cause I'd rather have not had my conversation listened in on lol.. it was 1 small black camera with red LEDs around it

    submitted by /u/Testaiscool
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment