• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 1, 2020

    Home security: Just bought a rather large property and need advice on setting up wireless security cameras as people are breaking in at night and stealing.

    Home security: Just bought a rather large property and need advice on setting up wireless security cameras as people are breaking in at night and stealing.


    Just bought a rather large property and need advice on setting up wireless security cameras as people are breaking in at night and stealing.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    So I have this large piece of land with a house being developed on it. There's a barn and we have some horses and of course equipment, etc. in and around it.

    For the 3rd time in a few months, we have had a break in. The land is 3 acres and I need cameras installed ideally wireless. We have internet in the main home that is aprox. 400 feet away.

    If I could emit an alarm upon detection I'd like to do that as well. I was thinking of Eufy. I am computer literate and can run cables and a router but I have little experience with home defense.

    Thank you for your time. I know I am missing some info so please ask away and I'll answer as best as I can.

    submitted by /u/joevaded
    [link] [comments]

    Would this PC be sufficient to run 8-10 POE cameras on Blue Iris?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    Sorry for seeming helpless. I've done my best researching and I just want some peace of mind before I order. Thank you.

    HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Business Class Desktop, Intel Core i5 6500 3.2Ghz, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD Hard Drive, Windows 10 (Renewed) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M5B4VZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FQEjFbX0R428M

    submitted by /u/Peanutbutter_pug
    [link] [comments]

    Non-internet connected security cams

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    Howdy!

    Looking for recommendation on security cameras or drop cams that are good for home property. We have no internet access line or wifi. Only mobile Hotspot, need at least 2 cameras, one towards road one towards house, possibly motion sensors but if not round the clock. Kinda on a budget but willing to splurge for quality.

    Thank you in advance!!!

    submitted by /u/dkerickson04
    [link] [comments]

    Annke 4K system and Annke NVR vs. home NVR

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    Considering buying the Annke package that contains their own NVR rather than running a home NVR setup (Blue Iris / Shinobi)

    My potentially ignorant reasons:

    (1) Their system doesn't require me to buy a separate PoE switch, and the cost of their NVR is included in the package price (less than just buying the 8 cameras separately).

    (2) My spare computer (Dell Precision T1600) doesn't seem beefy enough to run Blue Iris, but it's a windows machine so that excludes Shinobi (unless I run it in a docker container?).

    (3) My understanding is that I can still access recorded footage, motion detection, etc. from their NVR system.

    So what key part am I missing other than some flexibility and plugin for AI-based detection?

    submitted by /u/Kylearean
    [link] [comments]

    Best Camera System to Sneak Around Our Parents

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    Hello, first post on Reddit! Basically, my parents are planning to install security cameras around our house due to a supposed "increase in crime" in our neighborhood. I think it's unnecessary, however, as they travel for work often they want me and my siblings (all 19+) to be safe.

    They are planning to install three: one in front of the main door, one on the passage to the backyard, and one in the backyard. Most likely motion sensor cameras that will send notifications to an app about movement.

    The issue is, when they aren't here, my siblings and I often have our significant others over, host small get-togethers, and come home later than our 'curfew' with our parents here. This is something none of us want to lose, and we would appreciate assistance in doing one of two things: 1) purchasing a flexible camera system that can be turned on/off easily OR 2) figuring out hacks to sneak around a camera.

    That said, my parents have asked for my help to buy and install the new system, so I want to purchase a flexible camera system. Do any of you have security cameras at home that are easy to work around (Ie. turn off when you want, delete footage, etc.)? Any tricks? Our house isn't too big so not sure there would be many blind spots, and the windows aren't big enough to sneak in or out of. Would appreciate any advice. I promise we're good kids just trying to have a bit more flexibility and less surveillance.

    Thank you in advance, would appreciate any guidance! :)

    submitted by /u/NenooPookums
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions - Neigborhood kids vandalising home

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Was hoping to get some advice on this situation. Recently a couple of kids (10-13 years old) have started running up to our front porch and ramming/kicking our front door, before running off.

    We don't recognize them and they dont seem to have any intention of breaking into our home, but appear more to be doing this as a prank. This has been occuring in broad daylight around the late afternoon.

    Any advice on best way to deter this from happening?

    submitted by /u/internataccounting
    [link] [comments]

    Best “all in one” security? (Doorbell, cameras, and alarm)

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    I'm looking to get it all on one system rather than buy a ring, cameras, and security separately.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/woodhavenapherical
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment