• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 9, 2020

    Home security: I tried a ring outdoor camera for driveway security at my business. It's garbage.

    Home security: I tried a ring outdoor camera for driveway security at my business. It's garbage.


    I tried a ring outdoor camera for driveway security at my business. It's garbage.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    The motion sensor doesn't work. Well it works like 5% of the time. I'd literally have to walk back and forth 20 times in front of it to get a notification. I couldn't even get it to trigger by waving my hand in front of it, such garbage.

    And yes i had the sensitivity turned up to max. I don't understand how they can sell such a useless product. Does anyone make an outdoor wifi camera that actually works?

    submitted by /u/NewMasterKush
    [link] [comments]

    running cat 6 parallel/alongside alarm sensor cables?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    Is there any concerns/issues running cat 6 parallel/alongside alarm sensor cables? will it interfere with the alarm system or will the sensor wires interfere with the cat 6 cable?

    submitted by /u/yeahman2017
    [link] [comments]

    Running a Cat 5 Router to another room.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    My NVR is located in a room downstairs and all the cameras are wired to it. My modem and router is upstairs in a different room. I want to run a CAT5e cable from my router to the NVR.

    My question is can I hook it up to a switch then the NVR to the switch... I want to connect other devices in the downstairs room... or should I run two CAT5e cables from my router to the room. 1 dedicated to NVR and the other dedicated to the switch for the other non-security devices in the room?

    submitted by /u/Holanz
    [link] [comments]

    Blurry video from ring and runs

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    I bought zosi CCTV 5mp 8 channel system with 3 pointed at the front door. When the boys came to ring and run they had hoods on and ran too fast all the images and video were blurry. Is there a solution or a better camera at capturing movement at higher speeds( the kids sprint to the door and sprint away so I dont get clear footage) thanks for any feedback.

    submitted by /u/Carlwinsl0w95
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap, "safe" 2 camera PTZ solution

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    This is a cross post from r/cctv as this subreddit has more users. it's not specifically about home security but does involve security cameras.

    Hello,

    I bought a cheap wifi IP PTZ camera off ebay to watch my puppy. It works fine but I had to download a sketchy AF mobile app in order to set it up. It does have RTSP so I can run a 24/7 VLC livestream on an old laptop which is good.

    I'd like to get a 2nd camera for outside but if possible I would like avoid using these Chinese apps as it seems almost all cheap Chinese IP camera's only work with a dedicated app. So my ideal setup would be x2 camera's with PTZ (1 needs to be outdoor so will need some king of ip66 water-proofing) and some way to control the PTZ and also watch the feeds on a laptop.

    I don't require recording, motion detection, or any kind of push notifications. Just need a 24/7 feed.

    IR CUT would be good. So what are my options? should I look for camera's that have ONVIF? so I could use something like blue Iris ? Or should I just go for a more "trusted" brand ?

    any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/gabberlover
    [link] [comments]

    Paradox alarm system not getting wireless signal

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Hey guys. Hoping someone can help me here.

    I have a paradox EVO 192 alarm system with mostly PMD85 wireless dual beams about 40 of them. I am running 3 RTX 3's around the building for connection to them.

    About 3 weeks ago I had a power surge and the main board blew a trace and stopped functioning so I ended up needing to replace it.

    Anyway since then its been a back and forth fight to get the sensors to want to connect to the RTX 3 with beams not even managing 5m range outside with line of sight.

    I have fully configured the system from scratch mutiple times and still they just can't maintain a steady signal where as before I had sensors 20-30m away and they functioned perfectly fine.

    If anyone has advice on this issue it would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/_Code_man_
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone use a 56K dial-up modem to access a home security system?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    We have a home that will be vacant for a while in an area where DSL is a lot more expensive than just keeping a regular phone line active. Does anyone have a security setup with a computer and a 56K dial-up modem that can be accessed over the internet? Or does anyone connect point to point with a pair of 56K dial-up modems to dial into and control a PC based alarm and video system? (I'm not expecting to watch video, but ideally I could download stills taken from a video.)

    submitted by /u/NickDixon37
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment