• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020

    Home security: Have a Eufy 4k WiFi doorbell and now need some outdoor WiFi cams

    Home security: Have a Eufy 4k WiFi doorbell and now need some outdoor WiFi cams


    Have a Eufy 4k WiFi doorbell and now need some outdoor WiFi cams

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    I bought a Eufy WiFi 4k video doorbell because I liked the reviews, I liked that there's no required subscription and I liked that it's wireless. My new house doesn't have a doorbell, so this seemed to be the perfect solution.

    I now feel like I need AT LEAST two outdoor wireless cameras -- one for the back yard and one for the garage. I've seen a review on the new Wyze Outdoor Camera and it seems like it could be a good solution. Are there any other comparable outdoor wireless cameras? Eufy makes some cameras, for example. EufyCam 2C. Would they integrate with the hub that comes with my doorbell?

    submitted by /u/ABQFlyer
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have a recommendation for a versatile camera system? Need some cameras sharable, others not.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Looking for a system that has the ability to share 3 out of 6 cameras via a link... basically want to be able to share the "back yard" with family members of all kinds, but not the inner cameras (garage, porch, back door). Ideally it would only be showing the live view and not allow people watching the stream to go back in time, but allow me, the owner to do so. I know nest seems to do this, but they are pretty pricey for the outdoor cameras.. would anyone else like to recommend anything?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Blazah
    [link] [comments]

    MMS HDCVI iPhone App Replacement?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    So a relative has an analog camera system at their house with RDS H.264 Digital Video Recorder and we've been using the MMS HDCVI app on the iPhone to watch live previews remotely. However, upgrading to a new iPhone and attempting to reinstall the app onto the new iPhone with the latest iOS we've been getting the following message: "Unable to install MMS HDCVI The app is no longer available in the App Store." So does anyone know if there is any other iPhone app instead of MMS HDCVI that we can use in its place to view the cameras remotely? We tried Amcrest View Pro, but it failed to pair up with the camera system. Any help would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/HisJudgementCometh
    [link] [comments]

    System for older person

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Hey Reddit,

    I need an outdoor motion activated light and camera system that can be accessed via phone app (iPhone). No subscription if possible or at least on the cheap side. I need at least 4 or 5 outdoor camera and light sets. What is the consensus on the Simplisafe system that can be bought at Sam's? Again this is for an older woman who has a minor grasp of how iPhone's work. She doesn't have any home automation of any sort. If it's more of a plug and play type thing, the better.

    submitted by /u/Firejewel1
    [link] [comments]

    How can I do a fault reset on a Honeywell Galaxy Alarm panel?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    So I have a honeywell galaxy alarm panel installed by a home security company. It's paired with Honeywell mk8 panels. Recently I got a arc fail comm fault and the panels say that there is a system fault and a reset is required (see image provided).

    How can I do a fault reset on my own?

    For reference we know the installation company VERY well, and aren't worried about breach of contract or anything. I also know the engineers code if I need to be logged in as an engineer.

    This has happened before and the company did a remote fault reset without needing to like restart the panel or anything. It was just silent fault reset.

    I'm looking to learn how to do this so I don't have to keep asking one of the engineers to do it next time it happens.

    Please help/send instructions/whatever.

    Thank you..

    submitted by /u/Nilay-Patel
    [link] [comments]

    Help Choosing a Home Security system

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    I'm looking to set up a home security. If possible I would like these options. I'm hoping I can buy one system with all these options. I tried looking it up myself but it seems like I can only find paid subscriptions keep popping up on my search.

    -Live feed and the ability to view past motion triggered alarms -No Subscriptions -Motion notifications to my phone when detected -Contact sensor alarms ability to turn on and off on app -Contact local police

    Please let me know if there are any options. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/flyconQ
    [link] [comments]

    Honeywell Vista End-of-Line-Resistor Normal State

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    I'm working on getting a Vista system set up and am wondering about the "normal" state of a zone with an EOLR. In particular, is it possible to set zone 1 to fault when closed?

    Reason for asking is that in going to use Konnected to fault the zone, but I'd like the fault to register when closed rather than open to remove the possibility of a brief blip (or if I restart the system) from Konnected tripping the zone.

    From AlarmGrid: "Zone 1 must use an EOLR (End of Line Resistor). It does not have the option for NC, or NO only. The tolerance for resistance on Zone 1 is 100 ohms, or put another way, acceptable resistance on Zone 1 is 1900 to 2100 ohms. Tolerance on all other hardwired zones is 300 ohms, or 1700 to 2300 ohms."

    https://www.alarmgrid.com/faq/can-zone-1-be-used-for-burglar-on-a-vista-20p

    submitted by /u/n1ck-t0
    [link] [comments]

    Are there motion detection cameras that can send me notification when it detects movement?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    Looking for outdoor cameras that do this. I'm brand new to this so please be nice.

    submitted by /u/Electrical_Level
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment