• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020

    Home security: Cameras that capture clear face and license plate at night?

    Home security: Cameras that capture clear face and license plate at night?


    Cameras that capture clear face and license plate at night?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    We are a Jewish family and a few nights ago, some guys spray painted Swastikas and wrote some mean stuff on my garage and cars. They did it to my neighbors down the street too, who are also Jewish.

    I have some Reolink PoE cameras I installed years ago, but they couldn't accurately capture their faces and license plate. Never really needed good night vision until that night.

    I would like to spend up to $2k on 5 new cameras and an NVR, but I'm not sure which cameras have the clearest night vision including zoom.

    All I'm going to be doing is replacing the old cameras/NVR with new ones as I already have the locations drilled and stuff.

    P.S. is it worth it to swap my CAT 5e cables to CAT 6? If so, I'd have to re-run wires, but it should be easier and faster this time around.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/EnthusiasmOk1320
    [link] [comments]

    Deciding between Frontpoint and Surety

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    What I need: Touch Panel 1 Indoor Cam 2 Outdoor Cam (Doorbell cam isn't a must but it's free on Frontpoint) 2 window/door sensors 1 Flood sensor 1 smart bulb

    For the same products alone, Surety comes up to about $920 while Frontpoint (with the free doorbell cam) comes to $679 with 20% + an extra 15% off.

    In regards to the plans, Surety complete will be $31 a month with professional monitoring (includes tax) and Frontpoint is $1.64 a day. So annually I'd be saving $225 with Surety. I also do like that surety offers intelligent thermostat as well as the Stream video recorder.

    Would love some feedback with those of you who use either one of these systems, and what you like/dislike about them. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Agcryptonic
    [link] [comments]

    Self Monitoring for Vista 20p?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    I am installing my own Vista 20p and am looking to set it up with self monitoring. I want to get alarm alerts to my iPhone and at this time do not need a central station (but will likely add one in the future). I would, if possible, like to avoid any monthly fees.

    What are my best options for achieving this? I've heard of internet and cellular options, but I don't know what equipment to buy for the panel. Is there an option to use an iPhone app with self monitoring, without paying any monthly fees?

    submitted by /u/co4018
    [link] [comments]

    How good are LTS cameras?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    Hey,

    My dad's friend gave him LTS CMIP3C42W-M cameras before moving. My dad didn't get a chance to ask him about the quality.

    Is LTS a reputable brand? I couldn't find anything here. All I see are Dahua or Hikvision. Is what I linked good quality? If so, we're gonna order a NVR and wire them up this weekend. If these things suck, we'll sell them and get better cameras.

    submitted by /u/Personal_Chain8328
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment