• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 23, 2020

    Home security: Do most folks here monitor their own home alarms or have a 24/7 service do the monitoring?

    Home security: Do most folks here monitor their own home alarms or have a 24/7 service do the monitoring?


    Do most folks here monitor their own home alarms or have a 24/7 service do the monitoring?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    From what I've read so far here it seems some people do a combination of the two options. Is there any service that is considered the best or are they all roughly the same. Seems no matter which company is mentioned they get a good amount of negative comments. Or am I wrong about this? On the other hand is professional monitoring worth it? I have no knowledge if they are really valuable or not. Although I did read that areas with high security system penetration have fewer burglaries. Most homes with systems seem to have signs warning that they have what I assume is professional monitoring through ADT, or some company like that.

    submitted by /u/a-a-a-Imright
    [link] [comments]

    Glass Front Door

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Just bought a new house that has a glass front door. Any thoughts on adding extra security to this door without replacing it?

    submitted by /u/stpsocial
    [link] [comments]

    ADT outdoor cameras - terrible motion sensing? Or faulty equipment?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    I recently had an ADT system installed, I regret completely but that's neither here nor there.

    The main reason I got the system is because there is a ton of development going on around my house and I wanted to ensure I was covered with motion detecting cameras.

    These things are garbage. I can park my truck, walk past, and wave at the camera and it still doesn't notify me of motion nor record a clip.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/GoEZonMe
    [link] [comments]

    Qolsys Q2 - how do I know if it's 3G or LTE?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    Just got a new Q2 and it seemed a little slow to call Brinks. I called tech support and they said it was 3G, then they said oops no- it's LTE. Said they just had to "update the computer" and it would be faster. Is there anyway that I, the user, can know for sure I'm on LTE?

    submitted by /u/AyLilDoo
    [link] [comments]

    How to silence Vivint sensor low batt warning?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    One of the indoor sensors on Vivint Home system is running low on batt and the main digital panel chimes with an alert once every 60 seconds. The Vivint webpage says once you read the notification the chime will go silent.

    However I've clicked on and read the notification a million times but the chiming doesn't stop. Is there ANY way to silence this while I get hold of new batteries? It's driving me crazy.

    submitted by /u/norajames
    [link] [comments]

    Weatherproof long term audio recorder?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    I know naturalists have setups like this for recording animal sounds and calls, but I looked around and couldn't find any obvious good solutions so I thought I'd try here.

    We have security cameras, but the audio pickup on them isn't great and environmental noise makes some of it impossible.

    I've been looking for long term weatherproof audio recording solutions. Something battery powered, resistant to rain, triggered by sounds (or maybe configurable to trigger on human voices). I need something where I can place it closer to the source of the sound, grab a video timestamp of an event from the camera, and then pull the recorder card and get good audio from that.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/cauliflowercrust
    [link] [comments]

    amcrest timestamps all over the place

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    i have an amcrest ip4m-1051 and it is frequently losing time. sometimes switching time hours apart in the matter of seconds.

    i have some small video clips, about 5-8 seconds each, 8 of them, showing time jumping around 1hour, 4 hours, or even backwards and changes the date to a previous day.

    i am using this camera with synology surveillance station, and using the option on it to sync time every hour. thats about the only way to try and keep this thing with semi-current time is to have it automatically synced every hour. even between those hour intervals though, it will just randomly change time to something else.

    it is VERY frustrating, and a bit worrisome. my concern is, if i were to need this videos for any type of legal issues, im sure a good lawyer could point to the camera timestamp working "incorrectly" and argue that if this part of the camera is not working properly, whos to say that other parts of the camera are also not working properly, and maybe get the video evidence thrown out.

    below are 8 short video clips showing timestamps incorrect. in the videos you will see 2 timestamps. the one embedded in the video is the amcrest timestamp (incorrect). the one above the video is the actual, correct time stamp that is displayed in surveillance station. it is synced to the internet, and matches the synology nas, the desktops, and other devices on the network.

    https://streamable.com/29ezyb - time changes

    https://streamable.com/cf8xt0 - time changes twice

    https://streamable.com/gp33q4 - time & date changes

    https://streamable.com/hkzq7c - etc

    https://streamable.com/qgsoli - etc

    https://streamable.com/ggrnw3 - etc

    https://streamable.com/m78rp2

    https://streamable.com/x5gkzv

    does anyone know what could be going on?

    submitted by /u/wade001
    [link] [comments]

    I got hired to install and setup Lorex 4k Active Deterrence Security System but the quality on the Lorex Cloud app is bad?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    Coming here after I couldnt find anything in google. Me and my colleague installed some security cams on a place yesterday.

    The quality is perfectly fine on the monitor connected to the NVR, but after I connect the system to the Lorex Cloud app (android) the quality is bad.

    I tried to look around the setting but couldn't find anything about quality. MAybe I missed something?

    Any help is appreciated, thank you.

    submitted by /u/teinimon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment