• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 19, 2020

    Home security: Weird orbs appearing on my ring indoor cam

    Home security: Weird orbs appearing on my ring indoor cam


    Weird orbs appearing on my ring indoor cam

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    These orbs keep setting off my Motion detector on my ring camera whenever it goes into night vision mode! Anyone know wtf is causing them? video

    submitted by /u/LordWalrus07
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best software/hardware for POE cameras and Person detection Mobile alterts?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    I know Blue Iris and Sighthound can do person detection. But are they the best solution for person detection and mobile alerts? The interface of those applications seems very outdated and the mobile apps do not seem to be as refined as say Arlo, Eufy, or Nest apps. I want POE cameras and not wireless. Synology has Surveillance Station but it seems the AI features are only on the very expensive hardware (DVA3219) and not on the < 500$ ones.

    I mainly want to prevent false alerts due to shadows, tree movement, and Snow...

    Apple Home Video would work well with AI person recognition but does not support outdoor POE cameras.

    Anyone have any ideas what would work best for mobile alerts without getting too many false motion alerts? And something that has a good mobile app?

    submitted by /u/OccultMonk
    [link] [comments]

    looking for good information regarding security cameras and how they work with software.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    I don't know much about security cameras so i just got a very cheap one to see whos at my front door and hack around with it:

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SANNCE-HD-1080P-Wireless-Security-IP-Camera-WIFI-Indoor-System-Motion-Detection/223330692922

    30$ so i wasnt expecting much

    I mainly wanted to see if i could interact with the device on my network. I have it's IP but trying to connect to it in some fashion is difficult. no http:deviceip:80 entry like a router. ive tried software like ContaCam to try and interact with the device where it scans ports, but also gives the option of a username / password. which i dont think or even know if my camera would have one.

    If anyone has some tips on the software side of security cameras and how to interact with them id like that.

    i presume high end setups come with a decent software suite, but im looking for something more general purpose in that the software is agnostic of the company, it can interact with it at a common standards protocol layer for security cameras (if such a thing exists).

    submitted by /u/Neophyte-
    [link] [comments]

    How are y'all mounting your security cameras outside?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    Just curious what you all are using for mounting options for your outdoor security cameras. Soffit mounts? Mounting to the side of the house directly?

    My home is vinyl siding so I'm trying to figure out what my best option is. Maybe a mounting block on the vinyl siding?

    submitted by /u/PerestroikaPal
    [link] [comments]

    Ring Doorbell Connection Issues

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:57 PM PDT

    Currently have two installed ring doorbells. I'm using a Fios Quantum Gateway Router (WiFi up time 325ft). One doorbell is farther than the other, however neither are showing a successful connection, they both appear offline. Do I need an extender or is something wrong with them?

    submitted by /u/sso_1
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble deciding on a camera system?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    I am looking for a camera system for my house, probably 3-4 cameras + front door cam. Preferably with lights (some flood lights preferred) and a siren would be nice. I would like it to be hard wired for power at least(preferable for Ethernet too)

    I really want a good app that works well, if it works with Google best hub it would be ideal.

    I want good person detection so it doesn't notify me every time a bug moves.

    I would really like it to be all in one, not have to maintain my own server and stuff ideally... Does anything like this exist?

    Eufy only has the flood light which is hardwired and it doesn't have person detection, Arlo charges you a monthly fee per each camera for person detection, nest camera doesn't have a light or siren on it?

    Maybe nest camera with separate flood lights?

    submitted by /u/CCB0x45
    [link] [comments]

    Do burglars break and enter through the actual glass?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    I'm trying to wrap my head around my security system plan. In the case of a window, are there cases of intruders breaking the glass and putting their body through the glass? Instead of just prying or unlocking the window? Is a window sensor enough?

    submitted by /u/FunBoisInternational
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Lorex NVR cloud backup suggestions

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    I currently have a vacant property that I'm going to start renovating soon, and will be living in after that. I want to setup a security camera system now for use while it's vacant, and will then rewire it, and update it, when I move in. I'm thinking about getting a Lorex setup, but would like to backup the recordings to the cloud in some fashion. My concern is if someone were to break in, and take/destroy the NVR, the footage would be lost, and it would've been useless. I have a few limitations, but most are flexible, if they need to be.

    1. I can't secure the system/home any more right now†.
    2. Running a home built NVR with Zoneminder (or something) is part of the plan for the future, but isn't an acceptable solution for right now.
    3. The cloud system is completely flexible. I would be fine with something like Amazon S3, Dropbox, or even a Lorex specific solution.
    4. I'm not afraid of paying for the cloud backup, but would prefer to keep it to a reasonable cost (<~$20/mo?).
    5. I would like to avoid setting up a second system to do the syncing.
    6. I'm not going with a Nest or Ring camera system because this is a temporary situation, and I'd rather not pay for hardware that I won't want to use in the future.
    7. I would prefer to store the full resolution video (4K @ 15fps) in the cloud, if possible.

    Any suggestions?

    I will be happy to discuss the futility of having a security camera system if a space is physically insecure some other day, but not today, please. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/kividk
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if you can setup a cheap IP camera to continously record?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    I bought a gen bolt camera off amazon and it's just recording when there's motion. Is there anyway of setting it up to continuously record?

    submitted by /u/magicjohnson321990
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if you can setup a cheap IP camera to continously record?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    I bought a gen bolt camera off amazon and it's just recording when there's motion. Is there anyway of setting it up to continuously record?

    submitted by /u/magicjohnson321990
    [link] [comments]

    How does this gets powered?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    I might buy this camera:

    https://www.axis.com/files/datasheet/ds_p1378le_t10139952_en_2006.pdf

    But i will need to power it with 110v. It says that it needs 12-28v DC and it doesn't seem to come with something that will adapt to 110v.

    It says "connector kit" in the included accessories with the cameras so i don't know if i will get what i need.

    Can i end up using it with 110v? Do i need to buy something extra?

    submitted by /u/Duaner5
    [link] [comments]

    Amcrest IP8M-T2499EW-28MM

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    1. Initial power on time to boot, powered by a 48v Ubiquiti switch took about 35 seconds to boot before the Web GUI became available.

    2. I reset the unit to defaults

    3. Uploaded latest firmware from Amcrests site, quick and easy, took about 4 minutes before I could get back into it using the Web GUI

    4. Static IP configuration was a easy enough, I set it in the WEB GUI and then restarted the unit.

    5. Setup the ONVIF stream to a Milestone NVR. ONVIF was enabled by default, all I needed to do was enter the user and password into Milestone. Milestone saw the camera and microphone, it was added to my NVR right away.

    6. iPhone app remote connection works well. I`m using it on my iPhone. Downloaded The app is feature packed and allows me to change almost all of the cameras settings without a PC. Very useful when manually turning on night vision

    7. I mounted the Camera under a soffit. Amcrest packages an adhesive backed template. I drilled the hole in the middle for my ethernet cable and then used the included 4 self tapping screws to mount the unit. The entire housing is made of aluminum, a huge plus!

    8. Motion capture in my NVR is set to default. This camera has an awesome FOV 112° vs my other Reolink cameras that are 80°. Not many false alarms and it does a good job with the leaves on the trees swaying in the wind.

    9. This camera has very good night vision illuminator compared with my RLC420 and RLC 520 Reolinks. No hotspots and it does a great job filtering out ambient light from the streetlights.

    10. Video quality is not comparable to my Reolinks. Even as 15fps in 4k mode it still looks better with high movement than my 30FPS 2k Reolinks. I am able to read license plates in my driveway that the Reolinks can not do.

    All in all this is a create camera for less than $110USD. Slow I will replace my Reolinks in the front of the house with the Amcrests.

    I`m going to automate my smarthome shortly to try and detect Deck motion and turn on my outdoor lights via Smartthings

    Pics for comparison

    https://imgur.com/lyVY8vG

    https://imgur.com/oi9ahJD

    submitted by /u/unkn0wn53r
    [link] [comments]

    Lupus Electronics

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    Anyone has experience with Lupus Electronic Cameras/Systems?

    submitted by /u/Distickstoffoxid
    [link] [comments]

    VRBO Burglary Defense

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment