• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 19, 2020

    Home security: Friendly reminder to lock your doors. Thankfully nothing was stolen.

    Home security: Friendly reminder to lock your doors. Thankfully nothing was stolen.


    Friendly reminder to lock your doors. Thankfully nothing was stolen.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Are your entry ways hardened?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    Alternatives to Simplisafe/Cove/ADT etc. that can deal with below freezing temperatures

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    I am hoping to get a similar system (entry sensors and other accessories) with text or email alerts and possibly remote monitoring via cellular cameras. that would work in an unheated cabin in Minnesota winter weather (average temperatures in the 7°F (-13.9°C) to 24°F (-4.4°C) range)

    any ideas?

    submitted by /u/patrickknightjr
    [link] [comments]

    ISD 805 Alarm System Reset

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    I hope someone can help me. We recently moved into a new home and I found an existing alarm system. I would like to use it, however I don't know what the installer (master) code or the user code is. According to the user manual, the system can be factory reset by holding down the reset button while applying power IF the reset button had not been disabled. I tried it and nothing happened, so I assume that the button has been disabled.

    I tried calling the security company who installed the system (from a sticker stuck to the panel) and found that they had gone out of business.

    Any ideas on what to do next?

    It is an ISD 805.

    submitted by /u/Protea_AKC
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm System suggestions for a new home hardwired

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I am building a new home in Austin, TX and the builder I am using offered to install hardwired sensors on all doors and windows for a low price so I agreed. I've started to research alarm systems but I only have experience with wireless alarm systems, my previous home was setup using Abode. I am a big fan of home automation and would love a really fancy control panel that can be used for home automation, supports hardwired sensors, encrypted wireless sensors, and professional monitoring. Support for cameras is not necessary since I will be using Ubiquiti ip cameras. Any insights or suggestion would be appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/dspielman
    [link] [comments]

    Is a baseball bat good for home/ self defense?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    Where I live it's kinda difficult to get a gun but there are no restrictions to get a bat is it a goood alternative?

    Edit: I also have a crossbow so would that be viable?

    submitted by /u/imkindaspiffy
    [link] [comments]

    Would a .22 be good for home defense?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    I don't know if a .22 is a good home defense gun. I know that it is a pretty small round. And would a rifle be batter than a pistol in terms of power and efficiency

    submitted by /u/imkindaspiffy
    [link] [comments]

    NVR 3-4 camera system

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Looking for a NVR system with about 30 day hard drive. I would prefer at least two of the cameras to be wireless/battery powered if possible. Looking for good quality but not looking to break the bank. I'm new to the camera world and still learning the ins and outs. Suggests help.

    submitted by /u/McMouse123
    [link] [comments]

    Please help us identify these old (ADT?) sensors in our house

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    Suggestions for Mounting Reolink Surveillance Camera on Brick

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    I realize I'm a bit of newb, but I can't seem to figure out the best way to mount my Reolink RLC-511W cam on the brick siding of my house. Is anyone able to share their expertise?

    The Reolink mounting bracket holes are for #8 screws, but the smallest Tapcon masonry anchors that are available are 3/8" diameter. What's the best way to mount the camera on brick siding??

    submitted by /u/Hit_it_Rowdy
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best non-gun weapon for home defense?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    Hi I don't live in the US so the criminals here will almost always use machete and knife for home invasion. Is there a good type of weapon that counter machetes and knifes I can use for precaution? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ownagesoldier
    [link] [comments]

    Would suppressors make neighbors unable to hear gunshots?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    I was talking about this with a friend, that it'd be nice to have a suppressor to protect mine and others hearing should something happen. He told me though that he thinks suppressors should be outright completely illegal because they present a safety issue of your "next-door" neighbors not being able to hear gunshots to call police if you fire your weapon, and there's "zero" reason to own one in the first place.

    submitted by /u/KingKoehler
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Lorex NVR cloud backup suggestions

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment