• Breaking News

    Friday, July 17, 2020

    Home security: SEEKING peephole camera WITHOUT device on outside of front door

    Home security: SEEKING peephole camera WITHOUT device on outside of front door


    SEEKING peephole camera WITHOUT device on outside of front door

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    Apartment building owner disallows cameras in common area, but I need one. I need to be stealthy, so there cannot be a device on the outside of the front door.

    I want to replace the existing peephole viewer with a peephole camera. Ideally, within the area of the glass camera lens (on the outside of the front door), the device would contain a microphone and a motion sensor.

    I want to record HD video when the motion sensor is activated. I want to be able to remotely watch live-action and recordings, so I suppose I'll need a cloud service.

    I've only found a few low-end devices for $10-15 from China on Amazon. (I won't bother with junk.)

    HELP! I'd be grateful for any suggestions of manufacturers, stores, etc. Thanks. Be safe.

    submitted by /u/JollyDogSF
    [link] [comments]

    Can this be upgraded to a wifi self monitored smart system?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Do a wirefree, continuous recording, 4k camera exist?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    I live in a small awkward shaped house and I have zero handyman skills I don't know how to run any kind of cords throughout my house, I don't even know how to use a drill (I plan on learning soon). So I've accepted my fate that I must get wire-free cameras. However, I need a wire-free camera that records continuously, 4k, and records audio. I would love ptz but that may be asking for to much. No budget, I'm willing to spend anything if I can find it.

    submitted by /u/Snoo-36634
    [link] [comments]

    Using POE vs Buying a larger NVR

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    Planning a 18 camera setup.

    If i use a 16 Port POE to hook up the cameras, can I just buy the cheapest NVR with the fewest ports? Like 2 channel or 4 channel.

    what is the PROs and Cons of getting a 32 channel NVR vs a 16 port POE+ a 4 channel NVR setup?

    submitted by /u/braveheart0707
    [link] [comments]

    Very poor performance running Milestone Xprotect Essential

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    The feed from cameras itself is fine from cams own webpage but on milestone playback it is VERY choppy and it shows lots of dropped frames. It's cutting out a lot.

    2x 4MP Dahua cams

    PC Specs:

    i3 8100 quadcore

    12gb ram

    120 ssd

    2x WD Red (CMR) 3TB (one per cam)

    Any ideas how to fix this ? Maybe I need to ditch this and just buy BlueIris

    submitted by /u/Warptrooper
    [link] [comments]

    Cameras w/ Cloud Access? Anything better than BlueIris?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    While there is a lot of camera technology out there, it seems like the options are limited for things that actually work really well and are user friendly?

    I currently have a bunch of MOBOTIX cameras in a commercial setting. Absolute trash from a usability standpoint. Trying to look up past events is an absolute nightmare. The MxControlCenter software is garbage.

    At home, I have a Nest Cam. One of the better ones from a usability perspective, but not perfect. Also expensive, outdoor wireless reliability can be iffy, and I don't necessarily like being beholden to Google.

    I have a Wyze Cam Pan. Great value considering the cost. But the lack of a web interface to browse past events is a bit of a deal breaker and the mobile app is kind of tedious to use for that as well.

    Blue Iris seems to be the gold standard mentioned around here, but the interface doesn't seem that great to me. Maybe it's more powerful than I am giving it credit for?

    tl;dr Because there seem to be a lot of great POE cameras out there, what I would really like is to get POE cameras and get a really good web/cloud solution that I could feed POE cameras into. Is there anything like that out there? Is Blue Iris the only good option?

    submitted by /u/FleetEnema2000
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need to make a backup before changing the hard drive?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    I know this is probably a silly question but I would like to change my current hard drive to the Western Digital Purple 4TB mainly for recording IP cam videos. I currently have a Dell Optiplex with Blue Iris installed. Do I have to backup my current files and if that's the case, how do I go about it?

    submitted by /u/Kingchimmy
    [link] [comments]

    Need driveway alarm that won't trip with sunlight or temp changes and will sound alarm automatically

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    So we live smack dab in the middle of about 10 acres. We have a 400ft driveway between the road and our home that edges a pond and some bushes. On the back side, there is another 200ft driveway that goes to a pretty much unused road except for the one house back there.

    Last night, someone tried getting into our cars. We have a carport attached to the home and have a good suite of Blink cameras that are able to catch anyone coming up either the front or the back. So from that aspect, we're good. If someone comes to the house, we'll get them on video. However, this is now the second time it's happened in a few months and we've seen more of this on the street where we live. So I want to move beyond just catching them when they do it to trying to scare them away before they get to the house.

    We previously had this driveway alarm on both entrances. We had so many freaking false alarms that we ended up getting rid of it. Plus, it only alerted us inside and didn't make a noise at the actual motion sensor.

    What I'm hoping can be done is have motion sensors that will not only alert us inside, but also make a siren noise at the sensor itself to scare away anyone walking up the driveway. We would only activate it at night when we're not going anywhere. Our bedroom is in a good place to be able to hear a car approach, so we're not worried about that part. Just something that would scare away someone walking. Preferably, it wouldn't use passive infrared which i know is what causes a lot of the false alarms.

    Does anyone know of such a thing or have an idea of how it could be made?

    submitted by /u/UKFan643
    [link] [comments]

    Car Dash Cam, but hear me out.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    So I've been meaning to get a dash cam installed (front and back) on my vehicle obviously for insurance reasons and what not just as a precaution. I've seen quite a few different models that are good and bad in my opinion but there's one thing I can't get around.

    If somebody breaks into the vehicle and takes the dashcam, they can pull the memory card and view where you've been driving. AKA, driving home.

    I don't prefer cloud services or anything internet/broadcasting based, so despite that I've yet to see a solution.

    Anybody have an idea?

    submitted by /u/MachineMechanics
    [link] [comments]

    What happens in Florida after you shoot a someone who brakes into your apartment?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment