• Breaking News

    Friday, July 17, 2020

    Home security: New Setup request

    Home security: New Setup request


    New Setup request

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    setup with 4 - 6 cameras, no cloud service, an "alarm" indoors and out when motion is detected on a camera and loop recording with at least decent camera quality, ability to view live feed from a phone with notifications

    I work varying hours day/night shift and would like for my wife to be able to sleep at night without being paranoid of every noise she hears, especially our cats. Something that would make enough noise to wake her up and allow her to view live feed of the cameras, then be able to check back to the footage and see what made the alarm go off

    Edit: looking for what all I would need to buy and setup help. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Retnuhswag
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor Camera for seeing license plates on cars that drive by?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    Hi,

    In my neighborhood there are a group of 4-5 cars that drive through my cul-de-sac that cause a large disturbance in the area (fireworks, drug dealing, trespassing on private property). The security camera would be mounted to the house and would be about 30 feet away from the street. Is there a good enough camera that can capture license plate numbers like a nest, ring or aero?

    Preferably one that doesn't look ridiculous looking on the front of a house, like those commercial grade ones (as this would be put on and operated on my parents house)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ChrisH100
    [link] [comments]

    Security camera for apartment

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    Just moved in. I'm looking for something that would be a bit discreet, not something that'd be obvious if someone broke in. Don't want the feed to go to an alarm system or anything. Just the footage to my personal hard drive or something. Any recommendations would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/billthefirst
    [link] [comments]

    LTS POE Systems

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    I have an 8 camera IP set up around my house. I'm looking for a way to view them on my smart TVs without having to run HDMI cables to each tv in the house.

    submitted by /u/NebulousHD1
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for monitoring Alzheimer's mother remotely

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    Wall of text incoming. TL;DR at the end.

    I have a very specific usage case for a camera setup and would love some guidance from the hive mind.

    My mother has had Alzheimer's for years and lately it's gotten a lot worse. Her mind is going quickly but physically she's still as strong as an ox and stubborn as a mule (luv ya, Mom). My father thankfully still has all of his faculties and is in excellent physical shape for his age, and he intends to do everything he can to make sure Mom can stay in their home and not in an elder care facility. Honestly, I'm pretty sure Dad would run himself into the ground before he let that happen. Theirs is a storybook romance; they've been "together" since the 3rd grade.

    They live on a farm which means there's lots of maintenance work to be done (I live a few hours away so I'm not a reliable source of day-to-day help). Dad has hired help for the big stuff but he needs to be able to do some of it himself for his own mental health. He also has nursing help that some to help every day, but they're not always super-reliable at making sure Mom doesn't wander (she's incredibly persistent and sly at sneaking out).

    Dad just wants to be able to check in on her while he's out at the barn or working out in the yard. I know most of us would probably default to a turnkey solution like Nest or Ring, but my parents' rural location makes constant uploads unworkable. I've already got them set up with the best data plan available to them (AT&T Fixed Wireless). The speeds are LTE-lite on a good day and, importantly, the data cap is only 250GB/month, after which bonus data gets prohibitively expensive.

    Soooo…does anybody know of a framework that would allow us to install cameras around the house that would provide a LIVE FEED accessible from Dad's phone, but that aren't constantly uploading to a cloud service and wiping out his data plan?

    Again, these are not for constant security surveillance. They don't need recorded footage. Dad just wants to be able to pull out his phone and get a live look into certain rooms to check on Mom without having to come all the way back to the house.

    TL;DR

    Does anybody know of a camera system that meets the following specific requirements for monitoring my Alzheimer's mother:

    1. LIVE FEED accessible from an iOS device over cellular signal
    2. Multiple cameras
    3. Low data usage
    4. On-demand streaming is ideal, i.e. be able to turn individual cameras on and off remotely to "check-in" on a room, then turn that cameras feed off. See #3, "low data usage."

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    submitted by /u/Fordluvr
    [link] [comments]

    Protecting Myself from Abusive Ex

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! Basically like the title says, I want a good security system to protect myself from my abusive ex who has been stalking and harassing me for a year now. I thought things would get better with time, but they have not & I haven't felt safe in a very long time.

    What are some of your favorite security systems? I am looking for something with an alarm and camera system and don't know where to start. Any help is appreciated! I do have a very large Cane Corso & Firearms. Thanks everyone! :)

    submitted by /u/alana22x
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an all in one system

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    Hey guys, looking for an all in one system that includes a home security system + cameras/doorbells.

    I was trying to avoid monthly fees or at least minimize them, but when it comes to home security monitoring, theres not many ways around that which brings me to Ring. Rings plus plan allows all the camera plus monitoring for $10 a month, seems like a no brainer?

    Before I start buying cameras and kits, I wanted to see what ya'll thought. currently my home security is my Belgian Malinois, but she now has cancer and wont be around for to much longer :(

    submitted by /u/Nickyb210
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment