• Breaking News

    Friday, July 10, 2020

    Home security: Band of white supremacist meth heads moved next door in my good neighborhood, time to put up cameras

    Home security: Band of white supremacist meth heads moved next door in my good neighborhood, time to put up cameras


    Band of white supremacist meth heads moved next door in my good neighborhood, time to put up cameras

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    Wanting 2-4 wifi cameras with long powercords and preferrably a hard disk as well as remote access. There's several convenient outdoor receptacles on my property so I'd like to go that route as opposed to running AV cables or running my own power cables. Will find a way to shield the open outlets from weather. This seems perfect and is in my budget but are there better options for my money that don't require me to run wiring?

    Swann Home Security Camera System, 4 Channel 2 Bullet Cameras,1080p HD, Indoor/Outdoor WiFi NVR Surveillance, Night Vision, w/ 1TB Hard Drive, SWNVK-485KH2-US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZ0QE5U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jI5bFbR63KBZG

    Thanks in advance for any help

    submitted by /u/Hoff93
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink 8CH 5MP a good deal for $365?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 01:53 AM PDT

    How to effectively secure a 2Km long wall perimeter?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    Hey so a total noob here,

    I was assigned as a network infrastructure guy on this large AF mansion that has a total of 2km long wall as it's perimeter.

    The security guy recommended 60 cams and 24/7 surveillance buy the owner reached out, and he asked me if I have any ideas in mind as just 60 cam coverage is outrageous to even monitor given 3-4 people at the monitoring site.

    All I know is motion lights exist, thermal imaging for night time and electric or barbed wires. But nothing more than that!

    So please recommend what's the most effective way to secure a 2Km wall boundary? Consider the wall a square with equal lengths and plain grounds/dirt around.

    submitted by /u/Shelby_Sheikh
    [link] [comments]

    Repairing existing home security system , door sensor wire was cut, does anyone know the wiring ?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    The sensor is The Honeywell 955PST I believe existing wires were green and red (from the looks of it) crimped with a B connector to the white wire coming from the Honeywell sensor, do those wires make sense?

    submitted by /u/boogerboy23
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do with jpegs?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    I've got three basic IP cameras that all FTP motion-triggered jpegs to a NAS. In the past, I'd just flipped through these manually, but that's incredibly inefficient if there have been a lot of events.

    What do other people do for this kind of thing? I don't have a PC server handy to run something like Blue Iris, but I wouldn't mind buying a small network appliance or something.

    submitted by /u/HolyBatTokes
    [link] [comments]

    Someone may have gotten into my car and cut wires under the hood, want to set up a camera on my driveway

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    Some wires were cut under my hood on some ignition rods and I'm interested in setting maybe like 1 or 2 cameras on the front of my house just to see if I see something eventually. I don't really need anything else aside from this camera. Any advice on an affordable solution?

    submitted by /u/LoCal_GwJ
    [link] [comments]

    Noob camera question.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm looking to replace some Ring cams with IP cams. I've been looking at Dahua and their built in IVS software for tripwire, face detection, etc, but I was planning to use BlueIris or similar...and doesn't that do the same kind of stuff, just better?

    So my overall question is, assuming BlueIris handles all the video analytics and "smarts", do I just need to focus on getting a camera with good hardware? Or would there be another reason to get a cam with good built in analytics software?

    submitted by /u/bchobbs
    [link] [comments]

    Solar powered outdoor security options?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Hi all, I am currently in a position where I'm in dire need of an outdoor security system. I'd prefer something solar powered or with the option to recharge batteries. I'm kind of familiar with ring but also have heard how the batteries seem to need to be replaced routinely. Something with smartphone capability would be preferred. I am a corner house, but am really only concerned about a camera for my front porch and backyard. My house is also older so I am unsure about having ample wire connections. If anyone has any recommendations or experiences to share it would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/annemc7
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie looking for advice on exterior cameras, lights, and doorbell

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm a new homeowner and therefor new to home security. We currently have no security measures in place and this house is old, so the doors and windows aren't exactly strong (something else I'm working on). I'd like to invest in some exterior cameras and lights (if necessary), as well as a doorbell with a camera, but I'm not sure where to start. I've been reading through reviews and getting overwhelmed. I like this combo floodlight camera Ring offers, but I've heard negative reviews about Ring and I'm not sure if I need lights. I need camera to cover 3 sides of our house. I don't need the top of the line & most expensive equipment, just something quality. For what it's worth, we have Nest for smoke / CO detectors.

    My questions:

    1. Do y'all have any recommendations for cameras and a doorbell?
    2. Are lights necessary? Or do I get a camera with good night vision?
    submitted by /u/TheGentleBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Cameras that can be viewed on Google home hub

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Currently in the market for an upgrade to our home security cameras, I really like the eufy for features and value for money but I can't seem to find any information anywhere as to if the camera can transmit video to the Google home hub. My dad has the eufy doorbell which works well with the hub. But my brother has the new floodlight camera by eufy but he can only turn on the light, he can't view it which seems silly. Any input would be appreciated

    Thankyou

    submitted by /u/sneakersandspaghetti
    [link] [comments]

    Rules on positioning

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    Hi im getting mixed information landlord said I cant have a camera showing any of the neighbours garden or the sceme outside (it's not public) yet a police officer said "tell them to fuck off you can have it partly over their garden"

    Then you watch nightmare neighbours or other shows and they have it on public roads, full housing area, others gardens etc (had a recent event and police seen the evidence and didn't say anything about seeing the whole scheme.

    Can anyone advise they rend to do stuff from their gardens so only showing ours isnt going to pick up anything.

    submitted by /u/Svefnugr_Fugl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment