• Breaking News

    Friday, July 24, 2020

    Home security: Annke C800 vs Lorex E891AB for Onvif with BlueIRIS?

    Home security: Annke C800 vs Lorex E891AB for Onvif with BlueIRIS?


    Annke C800 vs Lorex E891AB for Onvif with BlueIRIS?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    I am on the fence with Annke C800 vs Lorex E891AB (costco) for Onvif with BlueIRIS.

    Lorex E891AB : [URL unfurl="true"]https://www.costco.com/lorex-4k-uhd-8-channel-ip-security-system-with-4-smart-deterrence-4k-cameras-with-color-night-vision.product.100522154.html[/URL]

    I like the motion activated LED spotlight and 2 way Audio, unsure about the ONVIF and BI support. I read this is onvif S/T profile supported but there is no actual review.

    [URL unfurl="true"]https://www.onvif.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/ONVIF_Profile_Feature_overview_v2-3.pdf?70a948&70a948[/URL]

    Annke C800:C800丨True 4K Ultra HD PoE Bullet/Dome IP Security Camera

    Purely biased based on review here

    [MEDIA=youtube]WXD82epDPE4[/MEDIA]

    There is no audio and motion activated LEDs, but i can live with this.

    My main requirement is full onvif compliance along with motion detection in BlueIRIS. Motion detection support in BI is important as i am planning to integrate the motion detection events from camera to my Smart-home system.

    pls suggest on which i can pull the trigger

    submitted by /u/skk85
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for indoor wide angle poe camera with audio

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    I had a dlink 2530L which worked great as far as view. Had some connection issues but overall it worked well with blueiris. I like the view as it covered my whole main floor to watch the pets. It crapped out and won't work anymore, warranty has run out so I'm looking at replacing it with a POE camera. Looking for suggestions for a camera with similar field of view, I can put it in the corner so 90 degrees would work but more importantly I want to be able to see directly below the camera as well as further out. The 2530L did a really good job with that. Also need audio. $100 or less Canadian.

    submitted by /u/yike92
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Ring App a Good System for the Elderly?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a security system for my elderly parents. I'm a little hesitant with DIY systems, and I'm not really fond how the Ring App doesn't record unless it senses motion. However, it seems to be low maintenance. Not sure if I should look into a DIY home defense, or invest in something more. House is not particularly large, but does have a lot of windows and entrances.

    submitted by /u/pastorprofessor
    [link] [comments]

    Hdmi splitter?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I need to split a hdmi going out of a dvr into 2x outputs to different tv's has anybody done this before? What have you used? I've seen some cheap and nasty splitters but want a good one.

    submitted by /u/Locksworth
    [link] [comments]

    Best NVR camera system for under $1k

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    I recently had a vehicle break in and my Vivint doorbell and 2 outdoor cameras caught absolutely nothing.

    I'm going to keep that unit running as a home alarm system but would like to add an NVR system as a backup to record 24/7. I came across the Lorex 8 camera 4K compatible system at Costco for $499.

    I'm stuck on deciding between this unit or reolink unit. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/texasrenegade83
    [link] [comments]

    How to protect trigger in home defense/bedside firearm?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    I purchased a firearm to keep in a drawer under the bed or some other easily accessible place near where I sleep.

    I have a light that I intend to keep mounted to the rail whenever the firearm is at my bedside, however the gun does not fit into my holster when the light is mounted, leaving the gun naked, and the trigger exposed.

    I live in a small space and if there were to be a break in, there would not be much time until the intruder would encounter me. As a result, I'd like to have the firearm readily and easily accessible, but want to protect the trigger from potentially being touched while picking up the firearm in a frantic, and blind, moment.

    What options are there for me to protect the trigger with a light mounted on my firearm? I'd prefer not to have it locked in a small safe or case for accessibility reasons, and the trigger guard holsters I've seen don't look like they would be compatible with a rail mounted light, either.

    submitted by /u/NoSteering
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment