• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 18, 2020

    Home security: Restoring gun rights

    Home security: Restoring gun rights


    Restoring gun rights

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    When I was 19 I was hospitalized for depression for 7 days. I improved my life, and never had another hospitalization. I work and live on my own with my fiance now, we're both in our mid 30's, and thinking about purchasing a firearm for home protection. The only problem is, as per federal law, if you were ever involuntarily admitted to a psych hospital, it's an automatic ban for life from firearms. I'm currently exploring options to restore my rights, but honestly the process is pretty harsh. Has anyone had a similar experience, or any advice you could share?

    I appreciate any feedback.

    *Location- New Jersey

    submitted by /u/Plant6379
    [link] [comments]

    Factory Reset DSC SCW9047-433

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I recently bought a home with a DSC SCW9047-433 alarm panel which I do not know the master code for. The seller also did not know as they were selling the house for a deceased family member. I have tried to access the installer menu however I am given a error "Function Not Available"

    Any thoughts/Help on how to reset this?

    submitted by /u/NorthhtroN
    [link] [comments]

    DVR died.. replacement dvrs does not show any video .. tried 2 different brands

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Hi My home dvr was installed about 4 years ago. It has 6 cameras that are connected via bnc/ coax. It's non branded dvr which could be a Dahua since the installer had also installed one at work. Everything was working fine till the cleaning lady accidentally unplugged the dvr last week. The dvr went into a constant rebooting loop. I assumed the hard drive had crashed so I ordered a new one and swapped it out. The System loaded a little bit more but then would just loop again and again with the new hard drive plugged in. So I just unplugged that and tried to reboot without good effect. I ordered a basic 8 channel dvr from armcrest and installed it. There was no video on the screen from the previously working cameras. I called tech support and they said that the cameras were probably not supported since armcrest recommends only their own cameras . I messed with everything before returning it and nothing worked. I returned it and ordered a safevant dvr on amazon. It's here and it's the same issue where the camera are not showing. I check the power supply to the cameras and all the lights are on. They were working before the dvr unplugging incident. I don't know what I am missing ?? I thought maybe they are unbranded Chinese camera and switched to pal but no luck at all. All 6 cameras could not have gone down ? The odds of that are probably too low.

    I have the dvr below. My cameras appear to be analog. Any help would be appreciated.

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TSHNYGB/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_api_i_-7.6Eb1WNXEW3

    submitted by /u/djknashouston
    [link] [comments]

    Are Lorex cameras mediocre?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    I got 4 cameras (4K) wired and overall I like the setup and reliability but the camera quality seems weak when compared to my friends ring cameras, hikvision, and nest. I spent more for what seems to be less quality

    I've checked settings so seems like footage should be better.

    submitted by /u/Iamthemaster1000
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone used a power adapter (USB) with the Blink XT2?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    I purchased a Blink to try out although it seems really hit or miss for people. Its on sale so whatever. I did notice it has a USBC connection though and it "seems" going through the reviews that it can be powered. I was curious if anyone owns one and has powered it via USB and if so how much issue do you have with water?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/TheOrionNebula
    [link] [comments]

    .DAV

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    How to convert .Dav file into mp4 ?

    submitted by /u/thejeetupadhyay
    [link] [comments]

    What are the actual statistics for home invasions with successful defence? Because most of these posts seem very out of touch with reality.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Indoor Window Facing Camera

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have been searching through the subreddit and saw some previous posts asking similar questions but not with the same specifics so I figured I'd make a post. For some backstory, I live in a relatively sketchy neighborhood and have always felt pretty safe (big mistake) until recently when someone pretty much tried to break down the door at 1 AM. I am looking to get some cameras to cover the front and back doors (only points of entry, no windows/doors on the sides of the house) just in case something like this happens again or we end up getting robbed. I am a renter so any kind of major mounting work or stuff like that is not an option. I know outdoor cameras are preferable but, without the option of mounting, I am honestly scared that someone would just take the camera.

    I've seen a lot of posts talking about how IR messes up indoor cameras when they are faced toward the window. Going without IR isn't really an issue for me, the areas I want to be monitoring are pretty well lit. I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for cameras that can be placed indoors facing outward through windows which don't use IR (or can turn it off) and have good motion detection through glass. A camera that has some kind of short term free cloud storage option or SD card storage (no subscription) and does not have a microphone would be preferable. Seems like, in my case, a pixel based motion detection would be the way to go. If anyone has a good recommendation for a camera like this, or some kind of other deterrent that would help in my situation, please let me know. If this kind of question gets asked here every week, I am truly sorry. I saw some other similar posts in the subreddit but wasn't able to find a good recommendation for my situation and have been searching around the internet trying to find something with no luck. The Amcrest IP2M-841B looks like an option but it seems like people are divided over the quality of the camera when it's placed facing a window.

    submitted by /u/juandefuco
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment