• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 18, 2020

    Home security: Guy came to my door asking if my car was for sale

    Home security: Guy came to my door asking if my car was for sale


    Guy came to my door asking if my car was for sale

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    Hi, so essentially this stranger came over to my house about an hour ago asking if the car on our drive was for sale. After telling him no, he seemed to of understood and walked away. Could be nothing really, but the person who came to the door was with another individual whom was a lot younger (the man who came must've been 60+). My street is fairly quiet, our security camera picked them up but all we could see is the two of them walking up the street, then going to my door, asking if the car was for sale, and then disappearing again.

    A little bit concerned because this has never happened before, though it really could just be a general enquiry.

    submitted by /u/rattlesnake47
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any American made cameras?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    Are there any quality American made security cameras? I'm a hesitant to order anything from companies that can be defined as a "partially state-owned Chinese manufacturer."

    To remove any potential hate, I also don't want to purchase anything that says "partially state-owned American manufacturer." Would prefer to stay away from government owned entities in general.

    submitted by /u/VisiblePickle
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for advice.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    I've had several instances where someone has tried to steal my motorcycle, my apartment complex doesn't allow cameras outside of the building unless they are attached to my own property. I was thinking of attaching a camera under the windshield, but would need one that has a strong Wi-Fi antenna. I get a little signal where my bike is parked, but not enough that I feel I could rely on it. Any advice on a good, preferably small camera I could use? Thanks for any advice.

    submitted by /u/JustNtimE843
    [link] [comments]

    Need for 1 indoor camera with live feed to a TV at work; no need for recording at all, and no access to internet/network/bluetooth.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    Sorry for the ignorance, and if this has been answered, but all I want is one camera, hard wired to the TV with a live feed. Options to mount camera are anywhere from 5-40 feet from TV. What is the cheapest way that I can do this? Camera doesn't need any bells and whistles at all. 720p or 1080p perfectly fine. Thank you for any help!

    submitted by /u/dougdimmadamn
    [link] [comments]

    DLink problems

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    Hi, I've had a DLink DCS-2802KT wireless camera setup that's worked perfectly for around 6 months. The setup is a hub, and 3 wireless cameras that send videos to the cloud. I use an iPhone to view the videos.

    For just over a week now, the recorded videos have stopped playing. Apparently there's an unstable connection between the cameras and the hub. This surely can't be the case as I can view the video feeds live, no problem. It's not a problem with my internet connection either.

    I feel DLink are fobbing me off - I've logged a fault with them, but despite being a "grade 1 problem, we'll sort this immediately", the problem persists. I get the occasional email asking me to reconfirm my app version, the hub/camera firmware versions etc.

    Anyone else with a DLink system having the same issue?

    submitted by /u/MrFunex
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless long lasting camera

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    So I'm looking for wireless security cameras (preferably domed) One that can't be turned and has good night vision. I'm looking to get about 10-12 so a bundled one would be nice. I want some of them to be kinda far out in my backyard too (10-20 ft) Thanks for the help/suggestions

    submitted by /u/sugiwointrbl
    [link] [comments]

    true 4K wireless setup...

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Looking for a true 4K wireless camera setup.

    I have roughly 6-8 spots I'd like to put up cameras - all corners of the house and backyard.

    Running wire for signal and power would only be possible near the recording box.

    I have no problem running wire to some, so a unit that has both options would be great too... cut down on the wireless freq overload.

    Would like the ability to view it live from any device from anywhere.

    The actual high quality footage could reside on the local box.

    So far, most of my research is leading me to only HD wireless or wired 4K.

    Thoughts? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/tcypher
    [link] [comments]

    Needing a security camera for my office only when I'm there; hotspot, no Wi-Fi. Also looking for a "panic button?"

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm needing a security camera for my office. I'm a counselor, and I'd like to be able to see who is in the waiting room while I'm in my back office. I am only there about two days per week, so I only use a hotspot. I don't really care about being able to see inside when I'm not there.

    Is there a camera that can connect to a hotspot? Or, I have two phones (work and personal) is there a way to "trick it" into thinking it's a real Wi-Fi connection?

    Another option I'd consider is just a two-way camera, almost like a baby monitor--does anything exist like that where they just connect to one another without internet required? Hope I'm making sense.

    I'm also looking for a panic button since I'm a female who works alone. I looked at Guard Llama, but apparently the business closed down but is still taking people's money. Nice.

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/lacefishnets
    [link] [comments]

    Envisalink Recent Events? List configured users in panel?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    Home came with a DSC PC1616 alarm system, but we do not currently have monitoring. Just use an arming code at night for alerting with audible alarm.

    I want to play with Envisalink and eventually some other toolsets, so I installed it this morning. Setup and working fine.

    The Recent Events log shows boot, but doesn't list arm and disarm events or the user that did them.

    One thing I'm hoping to find out is whether our arm code is the master code, (which I need to test from the keypad with *5).

    Also unsure see what users are currently installed so we can delete all of them. Ideally I would like to setup a user for each family member or our parents and be able to see when that user armed or disarmed the system.

    submitted by /u/gx1400
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations - wired security camera kit

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I am after recommendations for a wired home security camera kit. I was hoping for a 4k system with anywhere from 6-8 cameras, around the $1000 mark.

    I have been looking at the Reolink 4k NVR, which is currently on sale here in Australia for just over $900 including 6 4k 8mp cameras, which seems to be a pretty decent price.

    Can anyone recommend a good valued all round system?

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/stu_9
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a system, a bit overwhelmed.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    Alright, so we finally figured out what we're looking for. The ideal system would be two doorbell cameras with the motion sensors to deal with porch pirates, as well as 3 motion sensor cameras for the garage and backyard. Bonus if those also operate as lights but not essential. I'd rather avoid a wifi system with subscription, but i think the wife would prefer that to a wired system unless there is a huge cost difference. What would you fine folks reccomend? We don't currently use alexa or Google home if that matters but the wife is open to it if helpful.

    submitted by /u/aka_wolfman
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment