• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 2, 2020

    Home security: Is it worth the risk using double sided industrial tape to mount Arlo cams to my house?

    Home security: Is it worth the risk using double sided industrial tape to mount Arlo cams to my house?


    Is it worth the risk using double sided industrial tape to mount Arlo cams to my house?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    I can't drill holes in the walls of my exterior so non screw solutions are my only option if I want to go through with buying security cameras, Arlo or something else. Would using double sided tape be wise to do? I've seen mixed reactions online, wanted to hear your opinions too

    submitted by /u/AvantGardeFuturist
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a loud alarm to deter break in attempts and notify neighbors of prowlers

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    Our neighborhood has a fair share of car prowlers and home break in attempts. We find evidence of people in our yard and attempts to break in every couple months. The neighbor had a possible armed robbery attempt yesterday. We do not want a silent alarm system as the police in our city don't typically show up and if they do by the time they get here it's way too late. Looking for something that will sound an alarm that will wake us up and notify the neighbors during burglary attempts, because if they can't get in our house the neighbor is next. It would be awesome to have something that sounds an alarm if they open the back fence but not sure how feasible that is. Also something if our basement door is breeched or any windows broken. Any suggestions on what to look for?

    submitted by /u/mskofthemilkyway
    [link] [comments]

    Home security system + Alexa integration

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    Hi all, I'm looking for a home security system that I can integrate with my Amazon echo show, and see the camera feeds from the display on it. I also don't want to pay a subscription and want to be able to record. Any suggestions? I'm open to DIY and have a home media server with plenty of storage. Thanks

    submitted by /u/10mmHeater
    [link] [comments]

    Have a few questions and would like some recommendstions

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    Hey all, I wanted to know how cameras like Blink XT2, have a few hours of storage, do they record when they detect motion? Do you have to keep deleting old recordings? I would like some recommendations for an easy install system, no cables or holes Outdoor 2-4 cameras <$300 Smart, Wi-Fi connection

    Or is it better to buy a system, and have someone install them?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Marz6
    [link] [comments]

    Can you use EyezON Envisalink to program a DSC system?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    As the title mentions, can you use an EyezON Envisalink to program a DSC system? Zones, codes, etc?

    submitted by /u/Eboettn
    [link] [comments]

    Video surveillance system needed for remote location with specific needs to address and a gated access.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I do not have the internet nor am I able to get it.

    I own 60 acres of heavily wooded and hilly land in rural USA with one access point by vehicle, a quarter mile long driveway. I ran 2 sets of conduit about 3/4 the way down with 3 "access points" along the way for future lighting or whatever. I'd like to install a gate that can open with a garage door opener or the like with a button in the house so I can open it from home. I'd like a camera at the gate so I can see who is there and an intercom along with a key pad for friends entry.

    At my home I'd like to install cameras on my second story eves. I own a rectangle house and would like to record all 360 degrees around my home. I'm thinking 8 to 12 cameras on the house?

    Can you recommend any systems for me?

    submitted by /u/ffffish
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking doorbell call that works without existing doorbell

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Hello.

    I'm a single mom who is using SimpliSafe as my security system. I'm pretty happy with SimpliSafe and how easy it is to use and it's affordability. Unfortunately I haven't found a good doorbell or front porch video solution. SimpliSafe's video doorbell requires an existing wired doorbell connection. I just moved into a townhome without a doorbell. The property management company said the home hasn't had a doorbell for years and they don't see the need for one now, so won't install one. Most of the other video doorbell products seem to require a wired doorbell connection. Am I better off just installing a motion detection camera that can record package thief's or visitors? Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/TimeCouldTell
    [link] [comments]

    BlinkXt2 completely disappointed

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    I've seen many people bigging up the blink saying how good the system is, the sensors, quality and no monthly fees.

    I finally gave in and purchase some, I must say I am so underwhelmed. I'm not sure if I just expected more.

    1- going into live view is slow so the early notifications are pointless 2- the one of my front drive is constantly giving false positives even though I have masked out a huge portion 3- the sensitivity removes the false positives, but then completely ignores people on my drive. So I'm stuck with either false positives or nothing 4- the night vision is my Neos (wyze) seems to be better 5 - the app is terribly slow

    Im thinking of going to IP cameras to get what I need, cloud seems to not be a suitable option.

    EDIT: the blink isn't terrible, I just expected more with all the praise

    submitted by /u/Shane_b
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else using KODA motion sensor flood lights/cameras? A couple of observations...

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    I've been using a few for several months (and their Android app).

    I pay for the subscription to have "cloud storage" to be able to review recorded video clips and that has been mostly very good.

    The app apparently creates a couple of log files that can grow to be massive and consume a huge percentage of the phone's internal storage. Deleting the files frees up the space and they are recreated the next time you use the app.

    Given the concern about some cameras "phoning home" to China, I looked at the contents of these logs and they do contain references to IP addresses that are not on my network but that's to be expected with a "cloud service". I haven't yet figured out whether these addresses are only for KODA's cloud service or some offshore destination. I'm going to email info@kodabuilt.com about it.

    In order to receive alerts about camera activity, this app's notifications are turned on. Today, for the first time, the app abused that privilege by spamming a couple of times for a "Father's Day Sale" of their products. I'm going to ask info@kodabuilt.com for the ability to opt out of such messages on the app.

    Anyway, hoping to connect with others who have used these devices to learn and/or share info.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/ButtercupsUncle
    [link] [comments]

    I am now overwhelmed. Advice needed

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    I currently have blink, but want something more substantial.

    1- must have good motion detection (too many false triggers with blink from shadows) 2- must be quick loading on app 3- must have notifications when away 4- shouldn't be stupidly expensive 5- would like the option to disable notifications per camera 6-must be able to turn motion or permanent recording per camera 7- must not work from an always on pc, So NVR is acceptable 8- o do have unifi system with a Poe switch so would be nice to work with that if possible

    submitted by /u/Shane_b
    [link] [comments]

    ADT Vista 20p converted to EyezON Envisalink. Do I need to disconnect ADT’s cellular equipment?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    Just connected the Envisalink EVL-4EZR. Got an error right now from the portal saying *29 not programmed properly, but I haven't done anything with the keypad yet so I'll get to that later.

    My main question is what do I do with the gsm cellular communication equipment? Do I leave it all connected and use the "shadowing" mode in the EVL setup to hide it? Do I even have gsm?

    I don't want ADT to send the bricking signal in a few days as I have about 35 sensors I would have to reprogram.

    Does the EVL need any of ADT's original hardware outside the main panel? There are modem like boxes near my router that say ADT, etc.

    Thanks friends!

    submitted by /u/pilotchip1
    [link] [comments]

    I'm wanting to build a home network and also need personal NAS storage/cloud software. Is there an all-in-one approach to this?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    I want to put up a full security system around the house and am trying to figure out the best platform to do so. I'm also in the process of setting up my own digital storage solution with cloud capabilities and was wondering if perhaps there is a way to tie all of these efforts together. Has anybody done anything like this, and if so what are you using/how is it working out?

    submitted by /u/AlwaysExtraWet
    [link] [comments]

    Contactless Video Entry Station

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, Onetouch recommends contactless Video Entry Station which has built in Face recognition, QR Code, Access card reader unlocking. #StaySafe #Onetouch #ContactlessVideoEntrySystem #AccessControl

    submitted by /u/onetouchsecurity
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment