• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    Home security: Inexpensive 8-Channel 4-Camara security system question

    Home security: Inexpensive 8-Channel 4-Camara security system question


    Inexpensive 8-Channel 4-Camara security system question

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    I am looking at a setup for around my house that is relatively inexpensive but not absolute garbage. I have done a little reading but don't know much about camera systems and honestly don't want to take the time to do a ton of research.

    I know people recommend buying a computer and software and different cameras for different areas around the house as the preferred way to go, but I just want to get something basic for now and possibly look to do something better in the future.

    That all being said, I have found a couple of systems and want to get some opinions on what I should buy. I am looking at this: https://www.samsclub.com/p/nowl-4x4-ultra-hd-night-owl-security/prod23951032?xid=plp_product_1_3

    And this: https://www.costco.com/lorex-8-channel-5mp-dvr-security-system-with-2tb-hdd-and-4-5mp-active-deterrence-cameras-with-color-night-vision%e2%84%a2.product.100511593.html

    Which should I buy between those two options? Or, if there is something better bang for the buck than those two linked above in the $300 to $400 range, I would appreciate those opinions as well.

    submitted by /u/skippypinocho
    [link] [comments]

    Will cutting internet access disable ring cams?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    If a house has an overhead wire providing internet access (eg: FIOS line) and a burger cuts the line, will that render Ring cams essentially useless? And if so, will the Ring app alert the homeowner?

    submitted by /u/mobilelogin2525
    [link] [comments]

    Worried about my partners ex stalking her

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    My partner has been going through a messy custody battle with her ex for over a year now and he is becoming more hostile and his behaviour disconcerting. We can 100% confirm that he came to her place of work a couple of weeks back (he actually texted her so with a flimsy excuse that he was shopping in her area) for absolutely no reason and it made me wonder if he has been doing drive bys past our house (court orders say he can't come near our residence).

    I was looking at the Google Nest outdoor camera but was thinking that if I have it facing towards the road it's going to detect every car that drives past and send me alerts which could get tiresome. The other option is to record all day while we are at work then scroll through the footage each evening.

    I've never had to worry about this kind of stuff before so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. We live in Sydney, Australia if that makes any difference.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/anoncontent72
    [link] [comments]

    A quieter NVR?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    I have a LaView LV-N9808C8E NVR with 6 cameras connected.

    The NVR is in my office and it's pretty loud, definitely louder than the computer I have. It's not a broken noise, but the fan is pretty loud on it.

    Here's a Sound Meter screenshot. The beginning of the graph is the NVR powered off, the average was around 25 dB. I turned the NVR at around the -30 second mark (the largest spike is the POST beep) and it began averaging 45 dB

    Are there any suggestions on how to make it quieter, or is there a different NVR I could buy that wouldn't be so loud but would work with my cameras?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Tingin
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a very unique security camera

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Hello. I am looking for my first security camera. However I am having trouble finding what I want online because my request is going against the trends. Let me explain.

    I am looking for a local recording, battery powered camera. I want it to work and be able to record without any internet and without wiring.

    I do not care about features such as phone alerts, alarm signal, motion detection, whatever. I just want a camera that I can put down somewhere and that is able to record video for a long period of time locally (ideally on a SD card) without any wiring or having to emit any signal. Nothing more, nothing less. I will proceed to manually look at the camera recordings myself on my computer.

    The Blink XT2 seemed to be amazing from a battery standpoint and would be exactly what I want, but it requires wifi signal to work and record, and I cannot make that happen.

    If you guys know of any camera that works like this, or of any makeshift system I could DIY, let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Maruhai
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to use an other brand camera on a dahua monitor

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    I got a dahua monitor (http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/7371) with a dahua doorbell. I'm trying to add an Reolink camera as ipc to see around the house but I can't get it linked. Is it possible to use those together or is it limited to dahua camera's?

    Please let me know if you need more information

    submitted by /u/wsslfnstr
    [link] [comments]

    Need guidance one security cam system

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    Hello I need to get a security camera system to install but I'm not entirely sure what the best route is. I think I want IP PoE cameras, 1080p should be sufficient. I am not sure if I should use my PC, not really a spare, or a separate NVR. I want capacity for 8 cams but likely only use 4-5 for now. Remote viewing and email or sms alerts are necessary. Having the ability to have certain cameras upload to a cloud service when motion detection is tripped would be nice if that's possible. I was looking at systems on amazon but it seemed like the software and remote viewing isn't always the greatest and there is 3rd party software that does a much better job. This is all new to me so any inputs greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/SeniorSloppySlit
    [link] [comments]

    Can this system be kept and upgraded?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    My wife and I just moved into our house a few months ago, slowly tackling projects and next is the alarm system. Is there any way to use this existing ADT system and modernize it? It was previously hooked up to a DSL line which I completely got rid of. We have no wired phone service so the new system would have to run off data. I would much rather use all the existing panels/window/door sensors than to have to replace all of them and spackle/paint. All the panels are ADEMCO and this is what the board looks like https://imgur.com/a/8wq44bs. Thanks in advance, I don't even know where to start this project...

    submitted by /u/m0moneym0pr0blems
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for driveway camera that isn't too big and is somewhat inconspicuous

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I'm looking to monitor our driveway since it can't be seen from inside the house easily. Looking for a camera that's fairly low profile and doesn't draw your attention since I don't really have anywhere to hide it away (I'm looking to avoid large dome or bullet style cameras - I don't need the house looking overly fortified, I just want to keep an eye on things while remaining low key). It'll likely be head-on in the driveway if I use the most noticeable spot with the best viewing angle, or tucked under the sofit if I want an angled view of the driveway from either side. The problem is, most cameras that meet the small design that I like are either battery powered, wireless-only, indoor-only, or from brands requiring monthly subscriptions that don't have RTSP/ONVIF (I need blue iris compatibility).

    Budget: Ideally keep it under $200 CDN, willing to flex slightly on that.

    Brands: Don't care, as long as I can use it with Blue Iris and video quality/night vision aren't absolute garbage.

    Currently considering:

    - Unifi G3 Flex (#1 contender, good fit, good price, but IR performance might be mediocre for a driveway?)

    - Dahua imou LOOC (can't easily get in Canada it seems, have to order from Aliexpress store, WiFi only...)

    - Dahua imou New Bullet (does have wired LAN, but same struggle with having to deal with Aliexpress and potential pain in the arse for warranty from Canada)

    - Amcrest ADC2W (looks like a re-branded LOOC, but possibly even harder to get in Canada)

    Looking for suggestions from the experts in this sub too - am I missing anything? Any suggestions I haven't come across that meet my needs? Want to make sure I weight all my options before just jumping on likely ordering a G3 Flex.

    submitted by /u/ThePrivacyPolicy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment