• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    Home security: PSA: Curate your Zillow and other real estate profile to discourage potential thieves

    Home security: PSA: Curate your Zillow and other real estate profile to discourage potential thieves


    PSA: Curate your Zillow and other real estate profile to discourage potential thieves

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Real estate sites like Realtor, Trulia and Zillow often lists detailed interior and exterior photos of your home along with descriptions of all the entry points and whether or not you have a security system. Obviously, vacant homes and rental properties are particularly vulnerable.

    Even if your property is not for sale, Zillow will not remove listings, and forces you to create an account to edit anything about your property. After creating an account, you can curate the photos of your property as detailed HERE and edit the description of your home under the Review Your Home Facts under the Owner View.

    submitted by /u/JusLykeAspen
    [link] [comments]

    Cameras with LIVE Security Guards. DEEP SENTINEL’s PC MAGAZINE FULL REVIEW

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    Peeping Pedo Neighbour

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    Girlfriend has a peeping neighbor who calls her sons name while she's not home.

    Need a good couple camera setup for the yards and I've never bought them so I'm just looking for opinions.

    Thanks in Advance

    Edit for context

    This all started with the wife accusing my young 20s girlfriend of trying to sleep with her husband ( they're both in their 60s ). Then we find out he's been caught trying to lure boys in the past and the neighbours have heard him while she's not home.

    This lady calls her a slut and a whore anytime she sees her in the backyard. The police were there tonight after my girlfriend was harrassed and gave them both (my girlfriend and the crazy lady) a warning for disturbing the peace.

    submitted by /u/nicotineneedsme
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know the cost for CPI cameras

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    I've been trying to get my parents to switch away from the mistake I made with arlo cameras for about a year and a half now. She's about to make another terrible decision in choosing CPI for the cameras. Does anyone know the cost of extra cameras on CPI before I rip my hair out.

    I can't find a straight answer.

    submitted by /u/dudenell
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink vs newer Amcrest

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    Talk about information overload! :)

    I've been trying to decide between something like the Reolink RL-410 and the Amcrest IP8M-2597.

    I've read that the Reolink 4k cameras don't support ONVIF and doesn't work with Blue Iris. That's why I mentioned the RL-410. (If there's a better option than the RL-410, I'd love to know.)

    I can't find confirmation as to whether or not Amcrest IP8M-2597 supports ONVIF, though the site does mention working with Blue Iris.

    • Is 4k worth it?
    • Blue Iris or Milestone?
    • Seeing the price difference between Amcrest and UniFi, is it worth going to UniFi, and if so, which model? (I can't fathom $450 for the G4, and $300 for a G3 PRO is still too much for a single camera). My house is a UniFi system (gateway, switch, access point, and CloudKey 2).

    I don't have a big need for today... I'd say two or three cameras.

    I'm open to other suggestions. I've been reading for a few days, trying to learn more about this stuff. All I've ever done in the past is indoor Foscam or Reolink WiFi for baby monitors.

    submitted by /u/spritzer13
    [link] [comments]

    A Chainsaw is The Best Defense against Rioters: Change My Mind?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    Watching a bunch of riot footage, it seems to me the most successful defense was the latino guy with the chainsaw. He didn't have to actually kill or maim anyone, and people seemed to stay far the fuck away from him and his business.

    I think there is a business opportunity in home defense chainsaws. I'm sure to be most threatening and lethal for home defense there are some design changes that could be done. I'm guessing you could make them a lot lighter if they only had to be used in short bursts, and they only had to maim flesh, not go through hardwood.

    Thoughts? You'd want to wear a chainsaw and bullet proof vest (hoping that combo exists) and helmet, but I don't think I recall rioters actually using guns at all - just those defending against them - and personally I'd rather have a very small chance of being shot fatally than have to kill several people.

    Keep in mind I'm an idiot who has never actually used a chainsaw, or had to use a handgun in a self-defense scenario. Just feel I need something on hand after the complete failure of most mayors to allow their police to keep order.

    Would love tips from anyone who's looked into this. Would it be good to get one with an insane-long blade, normal, stubby? Gas or electric?

    UPDATE: Just remembered https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Chainsword exists. Seriously, someone could make bank $$$ selling shit like that.

    https://sun9-57.userapi.com/c855216/v855216575/175d02/ijS9IKWh3Ko.jpg

    submitted by /u/offhogs
    [link] [comments]

    Teenage Neighbor Issues

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    Hey, brand new home owner here. We moved in a few weeks ago and there is a group of teenage boys that congregate across the street daily. These boys have started ding ding ditching me and moving my outdoor decor on a daily basis. I don't want to immediately be that neighbor who talks to their parents, because they may not care anyway, but I am getting super irritated. Any suggestions on how to handle pesky brats without doing anything illegal and that won't totally make me look like a prude?? TIA

    submitted by /u/sarahdgoodwin
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an outdoor 2 camera poe system, but cant find any, so what do I need to buy separately?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    Hearing Protection for Babies/Kids for HD scenarios.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    Titles basically explains it. Got everything I need for effective HD, but would feel guilty as hell if I damaged my daughter's hearing in the process.

    Anybody out there have any experience with quick methods or equipment that might solve the issue?

    Currently looking at the NFA route with an AK-pistol and suppressor.

    submitted by /u/StepTripper93
    [link] [comments]

    .50 Cal airsoft gun for home defense

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    When I was 20 (35 now) I was admitted to a hospital for depression and held there involuntarily for 8 days. It barred me for life from owning a firearm, so I was thinking about a .50 cal air-soft rifle. The only thing is, wouldn't it take long to actually pump air into it in the event of a burglar breaking in in the middle of the night?


    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment