• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 16, 2020

    Home security: How to record my room at night?

    Home security: How to record my room at night?


    How to record my room at night?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    I suspect someone enters my room at night, while i sleep.

    What app can i record myself whit? maybe a motion detecter cam?

    Btw i use iphone

    submitted by /u/DM_Streety
    [link] [comments]

    House construction security cam

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    See: https://imgur.com/SdzHOYK

    I've got a couple cameras setup on my house that is under construction. I haven't had a chance to look at the higher-res images on the SD card yet, but am wondering... what car type does this look like? I won't have a chance to see if they stole/damaged anything until tomorrow, but it does suck seeing some random person on your property at 10pm when noone should be there.

    Cameras are CreativeXP trailcams with simhero cellular service. I have the highest data rate plan which is about $30/month.

    submitted by /u/retrohwite
    [link] [comments]

    Blink cameras or other?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    I'd like to keep a better eye on my fence line side yard and back yard - I have some activities from neighbors that aren't being super positive these days and I want to make sure that nobody is on my side of the fence.

    I also have about $160 in Amazon cards sitting around.

    I don't want a service that requires a subscription of any kind. What's my best bang for the buck in a wireless set-up? Blink? Eufy? Something else completely. All 3 of these cameras need to go outside, and they will all go on the 2 sides of the house that are closest to my wifi.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/dquestos
    [link] [comments]

    TR5164 won't enter pairing mode

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:02 PM PDT

    I've bought a DSC PC1616 panel, a TR5164 wireless transceiver, a WT5500 wireless keypad, as well as an Envisalink EVL-4. I've been having trouble trying to get the keypad to pair with the wireless transceiver. When booting the system up, I can see LED1 flash green on the TR5164 for the first 10-20 seconds or so, but then it stops and LED 3/4 do not flash like they are supposed to when the device has entered pairing mode. After the unit has been up for a while, I can break a sensor near it, and see the red LED flash indicating it's receiving a signal from a non-enrolled device.

    I wasn't sure if the PC1616 panel or the TR5164 was to blame so I've hooked up the Envisalink. The Envisalink boots up fine and is accessible online. The PC1616 panel appears to be fine from the status and reports I see on the Envisalink site (Zones 1-6 open, registers battery disconnect etc).

    I eventually found the reset code for the TR5164 and was able to force a reset by issuing a command from the Envisalink site. This does force it into pairing mode (LED 3/4 flash red, green). I thought great my problems are over! However, that was not the case. I press *+1 and still get "Failed to Enroll" on the keypad, even when pairing mode is active on the transceiver.

    I've tried:

    - Re-seating the connections
    - Switching out the wires to the transceiver
    - Manually resetting the PC1616 (jumping PGM1 / Z1 terminals)
    - Unplugging/removing the Siren, Envisalink
    - Removing the batteries from the keypad until pairing mode is active
    - Issuing manual wireless enrollment using the keypad ESN

    None of this has worked so far. This is an image of the wiring in its current state (everything hooked up) https://i.imgur.com/FHlB6kn.jpg
    Does anyone have any experience with anything like this? Thoughts or suggestions on what to try? Do I really just have a bad transceiver? Any tips or help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/D34DC3N73R
    [link] [comments]

    Residential - Bullet vs Dome? Aesthetics

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Hi, first time poster looking for advice. I understand the difference in the two styles of camera and I purchased a bullet style camera but I am having second thoughts about the aesthetics (I know, security is more important but still lol). Do bullet style cameras look silly/stupid on a house? The bullet is 2k quality (lorex) vs a 5 MP (reolink) dome camera.

    Am I overthinking this?

    submitted by /u/lebinott
    [link] [comments]

    A question about Contacam?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    Anyway I can view multiple live feeds on multiple cams in my house?

    submitted by /u/MrOptiX
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless camera without WiFi?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    I live in the country. My driveway is next to the highway and is >350 feet long. At the end of my driveway is the mailbox. My mailbox has been smashed with bottles and the other day it was broken in half and I found it in the ditch. I bought a new expensive one but I'm worried about this one being destroyed again. I would like to have a long distance wireless security camera pointing at it so I can see if anyone messes with it. But my wifi isn't going to reach that far. Is there any other type of camera, for instance one with a receiver that I can put in my house? I can't be running 400 feet of wires out there so wireless seems like the way to go.

    submitted by /u/A_Knights_Tail
    [link] [comments]

    I’m looking for a wireless camera that does NOT have sound

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    It would be placed in a sensitive area that I would not like to the audio recorded. Would appreciate any recommendations.

    submitted by /u/alxmartin
    [link] [comments]

    Vivint??

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    I'm trying to find a home security system and I was told to look into Vivint and I was just wondering how some people's experiences are with Vivint or if there's something better?? If it helps I'm in Texas, I don't know if some security systems are state by state. Thanks

    submitted by /u/nightmareDM
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security Questions

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:08 AM PDT

    What are your most pressing home security questions?

    I run a home security blog, following my experience working in the industry. https://www.home-security-solutions.com/knowledge-centre .

    I'd love to know what people's most pressing home security questions are so that I can create more content to support the community.

    No questions too silly, and I'll create articles around as many points as possible.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Home-Security-Expert
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment