• Breaking News

    Friday, June 5, 2020

    Home security: Home Surveillance System Inquiry

    Home security: Home Surveillance System Inquiry


    Home Surveillance System Inquiry

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I am fairly new to the whole cctv/home security side of electronics and networking and I need some advice as I am not familiar with any good products and I just more confused when I do web searching about it so I thought why not ask on here.

    Basically I am looking for a cctv camera system that comes with cameras that can wireless connect to their hub and can be viewed on a monitor or pc, so the only cable running from the camera would be a power adapter to the nearest electrical socket. I've seen a bit of these online but I wanted to know which is the best quality for a decent price. I want anywhere from 2-5 cameras (still deciding but very flexible) and I want it to be able to display on a screen, not just on my phone through an app like most of the wireless devices on amazon. I don't mind wiring a hub to my router/modem for the wireless cameras to connect to but I don't want to run cables all the way from the inside of my house to the outside so completely wired is out of the question. I preferably want the system to be 400$ or under and be capable of 1080p 24/7(not one that only activates when you click a button and actively view or by motion detection) streaming with the only constraint being the harddrive space to hold the footage.

    TLDR: suggestion for cheap 24/7 1080p surveillance streaming system that can display on a monitor and the cameras to be wireless besides power to outlet

    submitted by /u/BWild2002
    [link] [comments]

    Best/good outdoor cameras for small warehouse business?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 10:49 PM PDT

    I don't know much about security cameras but I am trying to get some reliable ones, also looking for full system.

    submitted by /u/gokkann
    [link] [comments]

    ADT canceled my monitoring for no reason and without a refund

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    I (unfortunately) have had the SmartThings ADT alarm system for the part 2+ years and have the paid ADT Total Security Monitoring plan. Yesterday morning I got a barrage of emails for each ADT/SmartThings device that it is no longer being monitored and the panel had a similar message. Talking with ADT support and ADT billing on the phone over the past day they are seeing the same thing. I've probably spoken to 8-10 different employees trying to get this resolved and not one of them has been able to figure it out. From what they have told me they see the removals and the cancellation of the service, but there are no notes as to who or what actually canceled it and why. At the end of all that the only solution that they could provide was a refund which ironically enough the day this happened was the day I was billed for the next 6 months. So they billed me for $180 or whatever then canceled my service and kept the money.
    When I go to log into my ADT account it says bad username/password so I reset, answer the security question, enter the new password, get an email that the password for account *************1234 has been changed, try to log in and get the same thing. Truth be told, I wasn't very happy with the SmartThings/ADT integration and had already started looking at replacements. At the end of the call I said that this is a very serious issue on their end and it needs to be escalated internally to find whatever caused this so it doesn't happen to someone else, but the supervisor I spoke with seem to share my feelings on that. If anyone from ADT actually wants to fix the issue with their system they can PM me and I'm happy to provide more information.

    submitted by /u/irishayes86
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations: new wireless system with sensor, camera and Google integration

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    Hi

    About to move to a new property.

    Looking for a DIY system including cameras , sensors and ideally Google home integration. Sensors need to be pet friendly.

    Ideally predominantly wireless though will wire some elements of needed

    Recommendations appreciated. Based in uk

    submitted by /u/timebecomesaloop-
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap IP Cameras that work with iSpy

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    I had 2 Wansview K2 cameras bite the dust. I had them pointed outside and inside and could view them/record them via iSpy. I am looking for very similar types of cameras as they worked perfectly for my needs. The cameras will needs to be wireless with a wall rat and be able to communicate to iSpy. I will have them blocked at the firewall from accessing the outside so I do not need any cloud support, just simple rtsp. Any thoughts or suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ssfish
    [link] [comments]

    Differences between Hikvision cameras

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    I've decided to install some Hikvision turret cameras around my house and I'm wondering if the value express kits are good enough for low light or if I should go with better cameras. Looking for good night time image quality and motion detection.

    The two kits I'm looking at are the EKI-K41T44 and EKI-Q41T24 which have either the 4 MP ECI-T24F or 2 MP ECI-T22F. The 2 MP is rated for 0.028 Lux with color and the 4 MP is confusingly labeled as "Color: 0.15 lux @ (f/2.0, AGC on); 0.03 Lux @ (f/2.0, AGC on)".

    Does anyone know how these would compare to cameras like the 0.0014 Lux DS-2CD2347G1-L or 0.009 lux DS-2CD2H45FWD-IZS? I've been doing a lot of reading but have no experience with security cameras. Would these be a big enough of an upgrade to spend around twice as much as the kits and have to use a PC for an NVR? I have extra PCs but would need to buy a PoE switch.

    Another option would be the Swann SONVK-886806D from Costco. From what I've seen on reddit these are a pretty big downgrade from Hikvision and the lack of detailed specs isn't great. It says 15 fps at 4k but I want 30 fps and I can't tell if it can do that by going down to 4 or 6 MP. No idea what the color light sensitivity is either.

    submitted by /u/ralq
    [link] [comments]

    Prewiring for system

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    Hey everyone....I'm building a new home and want to have a camera system for the exterior. I probably won't install it right away, but want to be ready when I do. I've been looking at a night owl c-ic82-86-b at Costco. It looks like those cameras only need an Ethernet connection, anything else I want to think of when I'm prewiring for this??

    submitted by /u/RR50
    [link] [comments]

    CCTV help.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    Heya guys,

    So I'm moving in to a new property hopefully in the next 6 months and the Mrs has given me permission to get some CCTV installed we have a little neos smart cam now and its been a god send when her car got hit! But the new house has a large garden 2 car drive and being a end house space down the side of the house so we're looking for say 4ish cameras. So a few questions.

    What are bundles like when you go on amazon and search CCTV bundle you get loads ranging from £100 all the way to £300 claiming to be the best on line.

    Since we would like a very types of camera such as a wide angle on the drive and a better quality one for the door would I be best just getting a DVR then buying my own cameras?

    Is it a universal standard for camera connections?

    Is there a brand people recommend here? We'd like the ability to view from our phone and I don't mind running all the wires while we're doing work to the house either.

    Thanks if anyone can help! I'll probably think of more questions over time!

    NOTE: I'm from the UK by the way.

    submitted by /u/Mcgurky98
    [link] [comments]

    Simple 2 cam apartment security.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    So I am looking into a getting a cam system for just two cams so I can watch the front of my apartment (where packages are left) and the back (where my car is kept). I do NOT want a subscription based cam system or cams that use wifi. I already have Ethernet ran to where I would need the cams placed. So I guess im just asking for recommendations for cams and software that I can use on my extra pc and where I can view the cams from my phone. Any help is useful thanks!

    Edit:

    PoE cams are preferred (I have been looking into unifi g3 flex ) the rest of my networking gear is TP link and I dont know if that would interfere with ubiquity or how well the cam will work with other software.

    For price of the cams I am looking into $50 - $80 for the cams and for software $60-$80.

    submitted by /u/online_pedator
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment