• Breaking News

    Friday, June 5, 2020

    Home security: Fingerprint Door Lock with Arduino and Adafruit Fingerprint Sensor

    Home security: Fingerprint Door Lock with Arduino and Adafruit Fingerprint Sensor


    Fingerprint Door Lock with Arduino and Adafruit Fingerprint Sensor

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    Recommendations for Camera on Busy Street

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    I'm currently shopping for a camera for outside my home. I wanted an outdoor camera, but see that the wireless outdoor ones batteries drain quickly if they constantly go off. My bf told me that we could get an Arlo that saves the past 24 hours of continuous footage, but I don't see that on their site.

    We live on a row house on fairly active street. There's someone passing by either by car or walking every couple of minutes. Thus, the camera would need to have a wired connection. We would like it to store continuous footage for at least the past 24 hours. Plus, if we could view footage from our phones when not at home that would be good. We purchased an Alro doorbell and are having it installed next week but I was hoping that I could have a camera hanging from the 2nd floor as an extra layer of security. Our neighbors woke up this morning to tape over their Ring doorbell so I wanted an extra layer of security in case something similar was happened to us. I've noticed some suspicious activity in the neighborhood revolving around stealing at night so the second camera would make me feel safer.

    submitted by /u/kilometr
    [link] [comments]

    Building a 10x10 safe room - tips, advice, suggestions

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    I'll be building a 600sqft new construction guesthouse for myself and would like to dedicate a 10x10 section for a safe/panic room

    No idea where to even begin and looking for any suggestions from doors, walls, floors, anything.

    Should the 10x10 walls be built with cinder blocks then cement? What kind of door frames should I use?

    If anyone has any suggestions or even a blueprint/design I could look at that would be great!

    submitted by /u/PleaseExplainToMeNow
    [link] [comments]

    Best bang for the buck for cameras if your house is already pre wired?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    Installed Security camera on front fascia of garage. Should I be concerned about damage?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    Netgear Arlo System

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Hey Everyone,

    Somewhat of a two-part question.

    I'm looking to setup a security camera system and the Arlo system caught my eye, namely for the 7 day cloud backup. There seems be be a few Arlo systems relatively cheap on the second hand market and I was wondering if the free 7-day cloud storage base plan rolls over with the system or if it's a one time setup that's specifically linked to a person's e-mail?

    Second, I would like to hard wire the power source and there are a lot of power adapters on amazon, are there any recommendations on brands to look at?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/somethingglupie
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap IP Cameras (indoor)

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    I had 2 Wansview K2 cameras bite the dust. I had them pointed outside and inside and could view them/record them via iSpy. I am looking for very similar types of cameras as they worked perfectly for my needs. The cameras will needs to be wireless with a wall rat (power supply) and be able to communicate to iSpy. I will have them blocked at the firewall from accessing the outside so I do not need any cloud support, just simple rtsp. Any thoughts or suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ssfish
    [link] [comments]

    Will Equipment work After Cancelling Frontpoint Services?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 06:21 PM PDT

    I signed up for Frontpoint a couple of months ago for the home I just purchased, it's my first time owning a home and it's passed the date where I can get a refund on equipment, however I am still thinking of cancelling services. I think that Frontpoint has been great! But I totally overestimated the need for it.

    Just curious, will the system still work manually? I know I won't have access to the frontpoint app, and there will be no monitoring or emergency calls, but will the alarm still sound, and can it be armed/disarmed on the control panel?

    Thank you for any guidance.

    submitted by /u/brndnbmyr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment