• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 28, 2020

    Home security: Analog camera PCIe card?

    Home security: Analog camera PCIe card?


    Analog camera PCIe card?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    Howdy all, I have 16 analog cameras around the house for security. They are hooked into a now obsolete DVR. My question is because I have a home server/NAS are there any good PCIe expansion cards for analog cameras so I can bring my system to the 21st century and be able to use software to view and archive footage on the go? Thank y'all!

    submitted by /u/InhumanArgue
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Good outdoor camera system

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Looking to get 12 and want all the cameras to be domes, any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/sugiwointrbl
    [link] [comments]

    Detect number of humans in a room

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 04:47 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a solution to detect the number of humans present in a room. Can anybody point me in the right direction either to products already on the market or sensors we should buy to develop our own.

    submitted by /u/PropertyKeeper_co_uk
    [link] [comments]

    New Hikvision owner

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    Recently purchased two Hikvision 4mp varifocal turrets. These are my first go at upgrading from arlo.

    In all my internet research I never once saw anyone mention you can only use internet explorer to access the cameras. Kind of a pain in the ass, especially when setting it up. I had my tin foil hat on while setting it up and am now convinced the Chinese government has access to my cameras and computer.

    I assume an NVR would eliminate needing to access through the ip but for now I am wanting to tinker with them with the qnap surveillance station I already own which is underwhelming so far.

    My next option is to try blue Iris and tinycam pro

    PS - the cameras themselves are great

    submitted by /u/TheDumbEnd
    [link] [comments]

    Which is the better option for a front door: Smart Doorbell or Security Camera?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:57 AM PDT

    For getting security setup on the front door, is there any benefit to using a security camera over a smart doorbell, or vice versa? I'm not as interested in being able to see who rings my doorbell so much as the general camera features a smart doorbell provides, but because of that I'm not sure which is the better option here.

    submitted by /u/Quick_Question404
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for a simple door locked confirmatior

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    Does anybody know of a device that add's electronical switches to the bottom of a doors faceplate, so that I can be sure that the bolt is in the faceplate and the door is actually locked? And has some way to communicate that info via wifi?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/MadSkillsY0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment