• Breaking News

    Monday, May 25, 2020

    Home security: Wht are some good iphone motion detection apps?

    Home security: Wht are some good iphone motion detection apps?


    Wht are some good iphone motion detection apps?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    Seeking help on blocking/blinding a neighbors camera.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    Hello R/ HomeSecurity

    I got a strange one for you and I hope you will be able to help me, please let me know if this is against your rules and I will take it down ASAP.

    My mum's neighbor has a camera pointing into her back garden and at the back of her house / patio area, its causing her quite a lot of distress to know that her privacy is being violated and I'm looking into erecting countermeasures to stop him from spying into her house.

    Sadly the police in my area are very reluctant to get involved with anything they deem to be a civil matter so we cant expect any assistance from them.

    I'm not looking to damage his private equipment or prevent him for using it to monitor his own propriety I just want to insure that my mothers privacy is maintained. My current plan is to buy a LED flood light [https://www.amazon.com/CMVision-IR200-Outdoor-Illuminator-Position-Adjustment/dp/B004V9Z7ZY] and place it inside my mothers house pointing at the camera so that during the day if his camera was pointing into her property it should blind it but if the camera was not pointing at the house it would not interfere with the camera.

    My question for you is how effective would an LED flood light be at blinding a camera during the day and at distance of up to 10 miters. Obviously we would not be running it at night as we don't want to cause him or any other neighbor any grief with light pollution.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Stimm
    [link] [comments]

    I want to learn how to install and config home intruder + security systems. I'm specifically interested in Honeywell systems, is there a way I can learn these skills without having to change careers and just while I'm at home during lockdown?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    New House/existing Equipment ID Help

    Posted: 24 May 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Just bought a new house which we are moving into shortly. This is the panel.

    Panel

    I'm trying to determine what year this panel is and if it is running off of a phone line or WiFi.

    From what I hear ADT is also really expensive. We will need to add another panel on the other side of the house anyways, and considering switching it out for a lower cost provider.

    What options can I consider based on the tech I may have already installed?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/wayne93117
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment