• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 28, 2020

    Home security: Motion detection sprinklers?

    Home security: Motion detection sprinklers?


    Motion detection sprinklers?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    anyone using motion detection sprinklers as first deterrent wave? Can it be hooked up to smart devices for better detection?

    It would obviously have to soak the intruder and part of the house

    submitted by /u/bugelrex
    [link] [comments]

    New home with ADT installed

    Posted: 28 May 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    I just bought a home with a ADT system installed. They are all hard wired sensors with a PC1864 board. ADT is not currently active. I want to hook this up to a Home Assistant instance (I have been looking at the EVL4) AND have remote / self monitoring. Is there a way to reset the pin codes? ADT has been of no asssistance unless I sign up for service and pay for them to send a truck out. Even then they will not work with home assistant.

    submitted by /u/botz1213
    [link] [comments]

    Bullet vs Turret

    Posted: 28 May 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    Bullet vs Turret

    Been reading here and elsewhere online - most people seem to prefer turrets over bullets. Trying to find out why.

    I already have a handful of turrets on the outside of my house. I'm looking to upgrade one or two of them for a few reasons. They're 4.1mp 4mm Hikvisions. I don't have eaves on my house, so the turrets are flat against the side of the house. Took some messing with, but I basically have them covering the area I want. But of course the picture is all tilted around. (See below.)

    https://preview.redd.it/7l85gxik3j151.jpg?width=840&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b1cd669db374f69f038110b9660033196962a88a

    The bullets would let me cover the area I want and have a normal picture. I'd also like to be able to get more of the street; thinking I'm going to do a varifocal lens; probably stick with a 4MP or possibly a 6MP.

    So why does everyone like the turrets vs the bullets so much?

    submitted by /u/PatD442
    [link] [comments]

    Battery powered camera recommendations

    Posted: 27 May 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a budget security camera that I can place near my windows to record outdoors.

    I was considering going for a Wyze camera, but I noticed that it does not have a battery and has to be plugged in to an outlet at all times to work (one of the areas I want to monitor does not have an outlet at all).

    Does anyone have a good budget camera recommendation with both good night and day vision that has continuous recording and with a battery? Preferably below $50?

    submitted by /u/ImpossibleFeed1
    [link] [comments]

    Special purpose camera advice

    Posted: 27 May 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a unique camera need.

    I need a camera that is camouflaged in an office setting. I don't have access to wifi so it needs to function offline. Motion detection would be a plus. I would like it if it would allow me to view instances of people coming into my office quickly and easily. If it would give me some sort of visual alert that it has made a recording that would be a plus.

    Background:

    I suspect one of my co workers is entering my office after hours. He has a vendetta against me and is looking for things that he can report me on. I am not allowed to lock my door. I suspect sooner or later he will graduate up to stealing things or messing with my paperwork and creating an issue somehow. I can't go to my boss because this has been an ongoing problem, she is aware, and she doesn't care. I need hard evidence of him coming in and fucking with my stuff to take to the higher ups.

    submitted by /u/CyborgHighlander
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment