• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 12, 2020

    Home security: Sensor for someone coming within 1-2ft of a wall?

    Home security: Sensor for someone coming within 1-2ft of a wall?


    Sensor for someone coming within 1-2ft of a wall?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    I have a freestanding shed(like thing) that is about 10ft tall with a 9x60ft footprint. So, four exterior walls, two 9x10ft, two 60x10ft.

    I want to trigger an alarm when someone/thing comes within a foot or two of the exterior. What sort of sensor(s) can accomplish this? My only idea is an array of security cameras aimed along the walls, with defined motion detection areas within the image, but that seems like technological overkill. Are there motion sensors with thin/planar sensing areas? I guess the thing I really want is a fictional heist movie museum security system with a laser grid...

    submitted by /u/sparr
    [link] [comments]

    Smart lock for apartment.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Long story short im looking for some sort of smart lock that only opens electronically and blocks key use. Made a horrifying discovery about my apartment complex that really has me on edge. They have the same key for certain doors maybe all doors but I doubt it. I first noticed it when I went back home extremely plastered and walked in to the wrong apartment and my key worked on someone else's door. I thought that was some sort of coincidence but last night some guy walked into my apartment. I heard him use his key and everything. To reiterate im looking for those smart locks that go over the deadbolt without having to take anything apart. Im hoping it has a "lock" option so it wouldnt unlock unless i do it though my phone or whatever electronic key it uses. Please help im really concerned!

    submitted by /u/RoloDaCholo13
    [link] [comments]

    Can I connect my DVR to a WiFi extender with a LAN cable?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    I tried connecting Extender to my DVR (Dahua DH-HCVR5104H-S2) with a LAN cable, and tried to access video via the IP address that is set in the settings (DHCP) of the DVR, but no luck. Any tips to diagnose it will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/forpn
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a new security camera system.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Hello, I currently have 10 arlo pro 2 cameras and I abosolutely hate them because they are not wired and I am looking to upgrade to a different type of camera system that is wired. Originally I was looking at a company called night owl and one called lorex but I figured I should ask here first and get some recomendations.

     

    The features I would like the camera to have are night vision, the connection for the camera being ethernet, and audio(two way audio is a plus but not required.)

    In the future I am planning on setting up a NAS to store the footage from the cameras and also have an offsite backup

     

    I'm not really sure what other info would be useful for picking out the company I go with for cameras and recording the fottage from them.

    submitted by /u/GenericGamers
    [link] [comments]

    Swann or arlo or other?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    I'm currently in the process of moving to my own house and am looking to get cctv setup for this.

    The house is in the middle of a terrace so two cameras should be about enough to cover anyone entering my gardens, albeit with blind spots for a professional thief if they decide to come via neighbour's gardens (but then if its a professional they'll have other work arounds so its daft to stress about this).

    My research has led me to considering between these two offers:

    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-tech/smart-tech/smart-home/smart-security-and-cctv/arlo-pro-plus-2-vms4230p-full-hd-1080p-wifi-security-system-2-cameras-10196923-pdt.html

    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-tech/smart-tech/smart-home/smart-security-and-cctv/swann-swdvk-849804-uk-8-channel-5-mp-smart-security-system-4-cameras-10179895-pdt.html

    One thing I'm keen to see covered is decent quality footage in low light. My parents have had their garden robbed in the night before but the footage from their camera was such awful quality it wasn't much use.

    Remote storage also seems a great idea, albeit without a subscription.

    submitted by /u/Josquius
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment