• Breaking News

    Monday, April 6, 2020

    Home security: Outdoor security camera recommendations

    Home security: Outdoor security camera recommendations


    Outdoor security camera recommendations

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    I have very little knowledge/experience with security cameras and all the research I've tried to do only confuses me more. I'm looking for an outdoor security camera for an area that has no power and no access to wifi, and is reasonably priced. It is for an area that I don't expect to need to see the footage unless there is an unexpected problem like vandalism, so I am comfortable with a camera that overwrites footage after a certain period of time. I'm just wondering what I should be looking for and hoping I can get some guidance here.

    submitted by /u/SluttySloth
    [link] [comments]

    The Best Home Security Providers in Your Area!

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    When I was outdoors or even indoors, even then I was worried about home security, then I searched for the best home security providers.

    submitted by /u/annudiloy
    [link] [comments]

    Google Home control of a 2GIG GC2?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Pretty new to this stuff, but am becoming addicted to controlling smart lights and TVs and such with our Google speakers.

    Our house was previously wired with a security system that uses a 2GIG GC2, but we do not pay for monthly service and do not want to.

    I'm wondering if there is any way to piece together Google control over the 2GIG so that I don't have to manually arm and disarm the unit each day. It would be awesome if I could just say "Hey Google, Goodnight" and add arming the alarm as part of the routine.

    If this is not possible via an app/Zwave, is there another control unit I could buy that would work with both Google and the sensors already running to our doors and windows?

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/saucercrab
    [link] [comments]

    Need new camera system in the sticks. Ease of use is key

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    I have an old PoE camera system (w/ DVR) in the house I just bought...I live in the sticks about 2 hrs away from the installer. After he installed the system, it doesn't work for shit and he won't help. The other installer in the small, nearby town won't touch his systems. I've got to do this on my own but I'm an idiot.

    I'm not tech savvy. At all. Is there an ultra-simple system, that has a super easy interface, that I can just plug in and toggle a few buttons and see the video on my smartphone? I don't mind replacing the total system, and as I said the POE wires are already in.

    My criteria:

    • Ease of use (key)
    • Good night vision
    • Motion detection
    submitted by /u/WheeeeeThePeople
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment