• Breaking News

    Friday, April 10, 2020

    Home security: Moved into house with cameras but I have no idea how they work

    Home security: Moved into house with cameras but I have no idea how they work


    Moved into house with cameras but I have no idea how they work

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I recently moved into a house and the previous owners didnt take their cameras, they look like this:

    https://imgur.com/a/52fweAi

    There are six or seven of the QSee cameras, and the one Yi one. I tried asking the owner about them, but all he told the agent was:

    " The cameras were just wired in attic. Not professionally done. They connected it themselves to a home monitoring device. "

    I went in the attic and I just see a huge nest of camera cables, but Im not sure what they mean by "home monitoring device". Any advice on how I can use these things is welcome.

    submitted by /u/xakantorx
    [link] [comments]

    What would happen if I rip this thing out of the wall?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    Hello r/homesecurity, I'm in a bind and at my wits end. The apartment I'm renting has an anti-theft network alarm system (model: https://pro1-fetch.netdna-ssl.com/business/_pdf/multifamily-panels/system1008.pdf) and I don't know much more than that about it, other than it WILL NOT STOP BEEPING because the "Service Required" light is on. I don't know the key-code for it or how to turn it off besides removing it out of the wall and unplugging the power supply from the motherboard. This thing has been chirping a bit quieter than a smoke alarm for about 18 hours like the audio version of Chinese water-torture and I'm wondering what my options are at this point.

    I know what you're thinking, why not just call maintenance at the leasing office? Well I tried that and they said they aren't accepting "non-emergency maintenance requests" due to COVID-19. I asked them what they suggest I do since (1) I can't sleep with this beeping, and (2) our city has a shelter-in-place order so I can't escape the beeping. They said "I don't know. We'll just have to get to it next month." Needless to say, that doesn't work for me.

    So I promise I'm not trying to break into someone else's house with this sacred information, but how do I disarm this thing or what's the best way to do it without making things worse (ie police showing up, a louder alarm sounding because I unplugged the keypad unit)? Thanks

    submitted by /u/UsualStrength
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a camera solution for my mother's health clinic

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    Hi Reddit,

    I'm a total camera newbie here looking for a bit of advice on what camera system to get for my mother. We already tried the Arlo 2, and it worked great except for the fact that she doesn't like having to change the batteries every month. We then tried the Amcrest Pro, but it was having issues with range and was incredibly difficult for us to set up.

    Basically, I'm looking to install 6 or so cameras using a system that's reliable, doesn't require batteries and simple to install.

    Please let me know your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/apollox1477
    [link] [comments]

    EzViz wired system to firestick or echoshow???

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    Ok so I received a 4 channel wired system by EzViz from my mom who thought she bought a wireless system. Everything is setup wired to the router and I can access it from my phone and laptop and the TV located in the same room as the hard drive but..... Since EzViz doesn't seem to support their wired systems the same as their wireless, I was wondering if anyone else has used this system and was able to somehow get access to their cameras through their echo show or firestick?

    submitted by /u/_-LOST_
    [link] [comments]

    Battery has died alarm keeps going off how to power it down?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    So the battery for the house alarm has died and because of the quarantine I'm stuck with this one.There isn't a power off button.This is the model spectra 1689

    submitted by /u/Thunderious
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless security cameras that don't require internet access or an app?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    Short version is, I'm looking for recommendations on a brand/type of security camera with some kind of standardized video output, possibly through a web server, that doesn't require me to go through the cloud or use a proprietary app that I can't trust. Cheaper is better, with the caveat that I'm looking for outdoor cameras.

    submitted by /u/twbrn
    [link] [comments]

    Lock for the top of my outward opening Front door suggestions.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    I love in a condo with a metal 2 inch thick door that has just a knob and a dead bolt. My daughter is now sleeping in her own room and so I'm looking for a chain lock or some kind of bar that would prevent her from opening the door at night while we are sleeping. She wakes up to come to our bed but in order for us to not wake up we want to take of the baby gate to her room so she can just walk to our room instead of us having to get her. Everything I have seen on the market is for indoor opening doors. Can anyone here help or refer me to the correct subreddit?

    submitted by /u/McFly2319
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a DVR I can view on my iPhone/iPad/Mac

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    Awhile back I bought a house that came with a hard wired 4 camera set up already installed but the location of the DVR is in my child's room and I kind of don't want to put a monitor in there also. So I am looking to upgrade the DVR so that I can just view any footage on all my devices in the house. I'm having a really hard time finding a DVR with a reliable app for viewing so does anyone have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/pwnedkiller
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment