• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 11, 2020

    Home security: Best Budget Home Security? BlinkXT?

    Home security: Best Budget Home Security? BlinkXT?


    Best Budget Home Security? BlinkXT?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    Noob to this. Looking for feedback, need to buy security cameras ASAP.

    Secure system is important as I have young children/infant I would like to be able to monitor as well.

    Someone has recommended BlinkXT which they nearly have me sold on. Another mentioned Eufy

    Looking for 2-3 outdoor 2-3 indoor Motion sensitive , recording and storage Live access via phone Able to add more cameras Would be a plus to be able to sync with other cameras or what not?

    Anyone have Blink XT ?Pros/cons Or comparable/better system for a reasonable price. 3 camera set up on sale for $199 right now

    Before committing I decided to reach out to the Reddit community first

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/needwork247
    [link] [comments]

    Remote Control of a DVR

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:21 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Hopefully someone can help me in here. Surely it's not a novel problem as some of you must have your setups in your crawlspace or roof cavity?

    In a nutshell the following image and description may assist (https://imgur.com/a/mnPHyeN): - I have a Swann Home Security setup, with the DVR (DVR-4980) installed in Room 1. - In another room (Room 2), I have a home PC with which I'd like to 'control' the DVR. This control is like I'm plugged directly into the DVR. Note: this is not the same as a remote viewing terminal like 'Home Safe View' on PC or the app.

    As far as I can tell, there are four potential options: Option 1 - Run a long HDMI and Long USB. Option 2 - Use a HDMI + USB over ethernet setup (like this: https://www.startech.com/au/AV/Extenders/HDMI/hdmi-cat6-extender~ST121USBHD) Option 3 - somehow remote in? Option 4 - a raspberry pi?

    My thoughts on each option: - option 1, its not an elegant solution and one that I'd use as a last resort. - option 2, super expensive, not sure it'll even work - option 3, done a fair bit of searching but doesn't seem possible - option 4, no idea if this is possible (i.e. HDMI in on the RP rather than HDMI out).

    Hopefully someone can help me out on an elegant solution (pref. over ethernet!)

    Cheers, Tim

    submitted by /u/tmumford
    [link] [comments]

    Specs for FBII New Beacon 3P?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    My home came with wired motion sensors. They're old but work fine. Obviously, I want to replace the system itself but keep the sensors. I can't figure out the specs for them though. They're FBII New Beacon 3P as best I can tell. The input in 12V DC, but I can't figure out the current. I have four of them, so this would determine the kind of power supply I get. The old system had a 12V 4A battery, so I'm guessing they collectively don't draw more than 4A, but I'd still prefer to know for sure. Anyone know the specs for these, or know where I could find out?

    submitted by /u/DB608
    [link] [comments]

    Smart Locks with 2-Factor Authentication

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    Does anyone know of a smart lock with two factor authentication: one thing you have (phone, fingerprint, etc) and one thing you know (PIN)? Having trouble finding something that requires both.

    submitted by /u/phillyd32
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for Outdoor smart security cam with continuous recording?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    Is there an PTZ camera that "closes" when not in use

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Camera direction facing back towards house?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    Hi All! Looking to purchase a first home and one of the properties I looked at is rather wide with lots of bump outs on the front and back of house making it hard to get clean sight lines of all windows and entryways. My thought was to place 2 cams facing towards the house from a concealed spots like base of trees that are located in the front lawn and throughout the backyard, eliminating the need for individual cams for each entry point.

    2 questions. Is anyone running a setup like this that directs cams back towards the house and can speak of the pros and cons?

    Also, can some suggest a rugged outdoor wireless cam with good alert times and ability to quickly pull up motion recordings?

    Thanks all! Stay safe!

    submitted by /u/thirteenstars76
    [link] [comments]

    First camera

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Hey guys, my wife bought a camera hoping to use it as an outfit surveillance camera. We live in a pretty decent area, but car break-ins have been on the rise, and people have been weird about going up to people's doors and checking them/looking for packages. So she bought this little camera on Amazon called Freecam Smart Home INDOOR camera but looking to try using it outdoors still. Obviously, it won't be waterproof, so I'll have to be crafty. I was thinking of putting it in a planting pot with fake dirt and flowers, cutting out a hole big enough for the camera lens, and putting a hard plastic covering over it so the elements can't get to it. Anyone else have a similar problem? What did you do?

    submitted by /u/VelvetThunder95
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment