• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 17, 2020

    Home security: Gas thieves at night

    Home security: Gas thieves at night


    Gas thieves at night

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    I work for a small construction business, and about every two weeks they come into the yard where we keep the work vans and steal gas. It would be very difficult to get power out there, and the two trail cams we've tried they saw the flash of infrared light and took them. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/rihole666
    [link] [comments]

    Help trying to revive an old alarm system

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    Hello I have a DSC1550 that came with my house. I hooked it up, cleared all trouble codes (battery, disable telephone line, time date).

    I am trying to just have it turn on from a motion detector that came with house too. I programmed zone1 on keypad (05 for motion) and turned off all other zones.

    My problem is the ready light on keypad is always on, even when motion sensor is triggered the ready light stays on. Motion sensor clicks when it turns on.

    Wiring: https://imgur.com/a/pM0bNRp

    Is my wiring correct? (Do I need resistors) Should I replace motion sensor?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Tglover
    [link] [comments]

    Midnight ding dong ditchers caught on our home security camera: what to do?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    Literally an hour ago this happened. Three adult men spammed the shit out of front doorbell. All caught in camera. It may seem like harmless fun to them, buut the household is definitely shook. In the middle of the night in 30 degree weather? Wtf? We've notified the authorities since. Has anybody experienced this before? Would appreciate some guidance. No their faces were obscured.

    submitted by /u/canopey
    [link] [comments]

    How to get audio with outdoor camera system?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm completely new to this. I'm trying to find a home surveillance system for my aunt to set up on the outside of her house, and I found this camera set: https://www.amazon.com/ReadyView-Surveillance-System-IP67-rated-Detection/dp/B07VBGRS34/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=wd+home+surveillance&qid=1584379565&sr=8-3

    This set looks good and easy to set up for her but I read there's no audio recording. The more I look into it, there's no audio recording on any non-wireless systems like this one.

    It will be difficult trying to walk her through setting up wireless cameras over the phone so I want to avoid this.

    Can she also connect something like this outdoor microphone to the receiver box and run it outside so it can record audio? https://www.amazon.com/Microseven-M7WP-MIC-Waterproof-Microphone-M7B77-POE/dp/B00M5P7HCW/ref=sr_1_4?crid=33U52IISM65QM&keywords=outdoor+microphone&qid=1584379438&sprefix=outdoor+micro%2Caps%2C219&sr=8-4

    submitted by /u/SlimJohnson
    [link] [comments]

    Looking For DIY Security System That Has No (or Low) Monthly Professional Monitoring

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I am looking an open source DIY security system that has professional monthly monitoring for a low cost, or even free. I assume there are no free, professional monitoring services available, but wanted to check after seeing some of the affordable DYI systems (w/ monitoring) listed on Consumer Reports (Frontpoint, Samsung SmartThings ADT, and SimpliSafe). Since I travel a fair amount, the security system is 'mostly' for my fiance when she is home alone by herself with our small dog. We don't need a camera or camera monitoring, but 'mainly' a door and / or motion sensors.

    Also, I am not sure if there are any systems out there that can call the police directly if a sensor is tripped, or if they all first go to a monitoring company, and then if there is a problem, they notify the police?

    Since I am in the telecom industry, I won't have a problem installing and / or configuring any of the equipment. For example, a couple of years ago, I was looking for home security camera that was built into an exterior home light (similar to Kuna), but that didn't have a monthly service fee - an excellent suggestion came back to use Netamo which supported Google Drive, FTP, local storage and 'no' monthly fees.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/gil_happy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment