• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 15, 2020

    Home security: Additional front door lock for young child?

    Home security: Additional front door lock for young child?


    Additional front door lock for young child?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    I have a nice keypad front door deadbolt but my kid is getting to the point where he can reach it and I'm worried about him running outside on his own one of these days. The door has a chime on it but it's possible to not hear it sometimes. I'd like to throw something else on the door to stop him from being able to open it.

    The caveat is we often exit through the garage and don't think about the front door when we leave so if there's an additional chain or other type of lock set, we wouldn't be able to get back in the front door.

    That's usually not a concern becauase we'd just come back in via the garage however the garage door opener is pretty old and I'm paranoid that one day, it just won't work. In that case we'd just go in through the front door but if we have a 2nd lock engaged, we wouldnt be able to get in.

    I'm sure I'm overthinking it but any suggestions about how to handle this one?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/HistoricalLocksmith5
    [link] [comments]

    Basic noob question about electrical power to outdoor cameras.

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    My wife wants to install a camera on the outside corner of the house, to point at the area where our kids play outside.

    I don't know anything about the big trend of security cameras. How do I wire it up to power? Obviously there's not an electrical outlet conveniently located on the outside corner of our house.

    Thanks for any help, or pointer to a good resource on the basics.

    submitted by /u/prometheus_winced
    [link] [comments]

    Blink xt2 home security system

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment