• Breaking News

    Monday, January 11, 2021

    Home security: Using Foscam X1 as webcam source

    Home security: Using Foscam X1 as webcam source


    Using Foscam X1 as webcam source

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:10 PM PST

    I have set up the camera on the app, logged in through a browser, completed set up there.

    How can it be allowed to pass a stream along it's own local ip channel?

    TIA

    submitted by /u/djphooka
    [link] [comments]

    HDD for Laview NVR not recording?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:28 PM PST

    I have the LV-N9808C8E for 2+ years now. Bought it with the HDD included. Recently I tried to go into Playback to view recorded events and nothing was recorded. The HDD light is off. I shut down the system and when I turn it back on again, the HDD light was red for a little but turn off again. Went into Menu-->HDD and status is "Abnormal". I tried to initialize the disk and HDD light is red again but it only goes up to 20% and eventually show status as Abnormal and HDD light turn off. Do I need to buy a new HDD? Thanks

    submitted by /u/quangvo1
    [link] [comments]

    Camera Recommendation

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:12 PM PST

    Just looking for some assistance on a camera setup for a cottage so that I can remote view via app from home.

    I was just going to pick up a simple Reolink 5mp kit, but after some thought, i may invest more to help improve the low light performance.

    I thought about going with Dahua 5442's or HikVision Colorvu turrets along with their NVR for simplicity or maybe even Blue Iris and a PC that I can repurpose. I have read that the LED on the full color options can be a bit annoying. Some turn them off. So than I figured maybe just stick to the Dahua 5442 w/ IR to have best of both worlds.

    Too many models, configurations so its a bit overwhelming. But lets say, the cottage has zero accent lighting, no motion lights etc, but I plan to rely on the LED/IR functions on the camera itself, what would be my best option here? I know its not ideal to have zero light at all, but surely these two will be better than the Reolinks

    submitted by /u/Dep668
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security for Person who Wanders

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 06:17 AM PST

    Good Morning All - Maybe a unique situation: I am trying to add a level of security to a home for a person with special needs who requires a caretaker, who is struggling.

    Recently the person requiring care was able to get up early AM (4-5) and quietly enough get out of the house, through a door locked with a standard knob, and a deadbolt. The major issue being safety, as the person left with no coat and started walking for an hour or two, with the temperature in the 20 degree Farenheit range.

    When the police brought the person home at 6:30A, the caretaker hadn't even realized they were gone yet, as they normally don't wake up until well after the caretaker, and had closed doors, etc.

    I'm very aware of bed alarms and other similar devices, but the problem is those will go off several times a night when the person uses the bathroom. One of the primary challenges is the person requiring care is clever enough to circumvent a lot of typical safety and security devices, yet doesn't understand the need for a coat when it is below freezing. The person is also deaf, so audible alarms will simply wake up everyone else, and not deter them.

    Currently, the deadbolts have been swapped to all be keyed from both sides, but this is obviously not a great solution. But the current risk of the person dying from exposure outside after going out without help is much greater than the fire risk. But yes, I am aware of the risks.

    My thought, and I am open to other ideas, is to find a multiple camera indoor system that can be configured to send an alert to a phone (or whatever device) on motion activation.

    I've been researching and found quite a few systems that seem as if they would work, with the exception of a text/call alert.

    An additional challenge is that the household has 2 medium sized dogs, which I assume would set off the system, so I expect to have a to keep them away from the monitored areas.

    2 cameras would be able to cover all the entry doors, but I would not be opposed to adding a few extras.

    I would prefer to stay away from a 3rd party monthly service, primarily because I've seen a lot of those companies disappear. I am an engineer, and would honestly take a shot at building my own system with a developer board (Arduino, etc.) if the stakes weren't so high, and the timeline so short.

    If I need to set up a server, separate from my desktops, etc., I can manage that as well.

    Let me know your thoughts, and I appreciate the input.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IRodeAnR-2000
    [link] [comments]

    NVR IP Cameras linked to Google Home

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:36 PM PST

    I was just wondering is there any way that the up cameras connected to an NVR can be accessed by Google Home to be cast to the Chromecast or Hub?

    I know this feature is available on some WiFi cameras but is there any possibility or workaround that could allow it to be used with an existing NVR setup?

    submitted by /u/Mother_Process_1243
    [link] [comments]

    I need some advice deciding how to bring my alarm up to date

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:35 AM PST

    I currently have an Ademco Vista 20p that I assume was built into the house 20 years ago. Everything seems to be mostly functional, and the previous owner had ADT (which I didn't renew) so their monitoring equipment is also still installed (can I do anything with that?).

    My setup has only 1 wired sensor (front door) and the rest are wireless. There is a white box installed next to the panel with two small antennas which I believe to be the RF receiver. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure my two keypads are both 6150s. I've tried programming a new sensor following instructions online and realized my keypad is the type that pretty much just shows numbers, so the online instructions didn't work. All these keypads look the same and I can't find a model number on it anywhere, but I'm going with 6150.

    Recently one of my window sensors with a reed switch starting causing trouble (including a middle-of-the-night false alarm). It isn't the battery, and I replaced the magnet but it's still causing problems. I ordered a replacement 5816 and just used the new magnet for a few days until it had another error (thought the magnet might have weakend after 20 years and become susceptible to interference). I went to install the new 5816 itself and realized I can't program it with my 6150 keypad. So I have some decisions to make, and could use some thoughtful advice.

    I want to self-monitor my system with some ability to monitor it through an app or at least SMS alerts. I have seen the eyezon envisalink 4 and like it's functionality, but their android app hasn't been updated since 2017. For a security system this is an unacceptable vulnerability. I know too much about cyber security to be comfortable hooking my home physical security system into such an insecure internet-connected platform. I also considered the Hub6 by Safe, but it's more expensive and a younger company so there's a little trepidation on my part there too, but it isn't a hard no.

    Also, based on my home's layout and my use case, I want to add two wireless glass break sensors. All this considered, I would need to spend some cash to get my system up to where I want it. For a 6160 keypad (just so I can program it), plus two glass break sensors, plus the Hub6 I would have to spend around $310. Alternatively, I can get basically the same security from a brand new Simplisafe system, but it would cost a total of about $510 ($580 if I want a second keypad in my bedroom like I have now).

    Going with Simplisafe I feel like I would be wasting a mostly good Ademco system. Plus I'm not rich so that $200 is real money, but if it's a valuable improvement to our security it would be worth it.

    Are there other factors I should consider in my decision, or is price really the only difference here?

    submitted by /u/pso987try
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm products for UK

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:49 AM PST

    I'm in the process of a self build DIY project and have run cables myself ready for an alarm system. Have seen all sorts of different alarm companies and products but thinking if I can buy the products myself, why not install it myself. I know I need PIRs, door sensors, a base unit, a key pad and an external siren. If I can get window beams as well then that's a bonus. I don't need my alarm system to alert police or be professionally monitored. I just need the siren to activate if an alarm is triggered. Ideally I'd have functionality to arm the alarm via an iPhone app as well.

    In terms of wiring, I have run cables to the zones that require PIRs and power to where the keypad will be placed. Therefore I'm wondering if I can get the kit I need and install myself.

    I am UK based and am in need of advice of products I can purchase in the UK.

    submitted by /u/hxv92
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment