• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 16, 2021

    Home security: POE security system help

    Home security: POE security system help


    POE security system help

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 09:40 PM PST

    I'm moving into a new home and want to ensure I can keep an eye around the house. Currently, i have wireless Arlo system but the resolution sucks and I hate having to charge it every few weeks.

    I want something I can hardwire and have 4K capability. I saw a Lorex system at Costco but I'm seeing people recommending Amcrest or Reolink over Lorex. Looking for a 4 camera set up, any recommendations? Budget at around $500 to $600

    submitted by /u/ThePureRay009
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Iris help with those cheap cams off amazon

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 12:22 AM PST

    ok, ive bought some real off or no name cams off amazon that i use an iOS app (MIPC) and a windows 10 program that is based out of china, theyre currently connected via ethernet or wirelessly, but, I have no idea how I can connect them to blue iris on my windows desktop. i have the url of the cam but i have no idea if its udp, rtsp, etc.

    EDIT theyre lefun cameras.

    submitted by /u/MrOptiX
    [link] [comments]

    Huge flaw simpli safe

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 09:26 PM PST

    I logged on to simpli safe online and got my email confirmation. Went to email clicked okay went back to safari. Kicked me out of the screen. Tried again logged me in this time. Thought it was weird looked at previous email and it said Mozilla. Here's why this back door attack is much worse than Radio interference. Once the attacker is on the account no matter if the alarm is on or not. They have your master pin distress pin and all other pins. THEY CAN ALSO TURN OFF YOUR SENSORS FROM ALERTING YOU OR SETTING OFF THE ALARM THEY HAVE FULL CONTROL OF YOUR SYSTEM AND CAN GO FULLY UNDETECTED AND KEEP THE TIMELINE COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS TO THIS. Watch out check your account change passwords and pins often keep a lookout for your web browser and IP address. My attacker used same up address just different browser. This attack is super simple and has been around for years. They need to change the fact you can change all of those settings without a confirmation or turning off the alarm.

    submitted by /u/Historical-Compote
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a good mini camera that can be hidden?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:19 PM PST

    I have a few Ring cameras around the house but I have a neighbor that likes to throw his dog shit over my fence. He does it in the spot where I don't have a camera. I would like to mount one in a hidden location where it can't be seen by the naked eye.. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Norcal_Stang
    [link] [comments]

    IP Camera rebooting itself

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:56 PM PST

    Hello, Newbie quesion here,

    I bought an IP Camera, the Digoo BB-M1 on Banggood, but I noticed that it reboots itself sometimes (like at 3 AM and this night) and I find it realy weird. Should I be worried about its security?

    submitted by /u/Garnaa
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Mac Alternative for Smart PSS - Lorex System

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 09:34 AM PST

    Quick Question: Looking for an alternative program for my Lorex camera system to run on my MAC.

    I have a pretty decent iMac but Smart PSS just bogs down and I hate how long it takes to load. I don't mind the Lorex Cloud app simply because it loads quickly if I want to check something immediately.

    There has to be something better then Smart PSS out there! Suggestions! TIA

    submitted by /u/-fade-2-black-
    [link] [comments]

    Capturing License Plates

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:27 PM PST

    I don't want to spend money on flock cameras due to cost. I have a nest iq outdoor camera in my driveway but it can't capture plates. What should I buy. I live near a hiking trail and it went from a quiet neighborhood to sketchy neighborhood real quick.

    submitted by /u/Sammatterhorn
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendation For Home Camera System

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:06 PM PST

    Need 4 external cameras 1080p video quality or better WiFi capable to record and stream to a home windows desktop and iPhone. Motion detection and alerts also needed.

    Want something that is easy to set up and that each camera has its own power source and doesn't require messing with any internal wiring of the home and minimal hardware/physical modification to the exterior.

    So basically I need 4 cameras that are ip camera + NVR + internal power supply or uninterruptible battery

    submitted by /u/etaco
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink camera/nvr question

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:10 AM PST

    I'm looking at Reolink devices and have a question.

    The RLC-510A camera is PoE and the specs say it is PoE with "802.3af, 48V Active".

    The RLN8-410 says it has 8 100Mbps PoE ports, but they are IEEE 802.3at.

    Does that mean the ports on the NVR cannot power the 510A cameras? Or would a PoE injector or PoE switch that supports 802.3af is required as well?

    submitted by /u/jrbless
    [link] [comments]

    General System Tamper on DSC Impassa

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 08:45 AM PST

    Hello, I bought an ADT DSC Impassa Model: scw9057g-433 from ebay and I plugged it in and I had to reset the system since the seller didn't reset it and after that reset it defaulted the codes to 1234 and installer's code to 6321 (ADT's dsc impassa default) however if I try to arm the system there are 2 troubles 1 is low battery (I know about this one it's charging) and the second one is General System tamper now my question is, is there a way to disable the tamper in the installer's programming because I thought I did it before I screwed things up in the programming and reset the panel again I got the light to go away but now I can't remember what I did to do that I know it was in programming but i've tried everything and just can't seem to figure it out any help would be appreciated

    also the tamper switches on the back are pushed on by the rubber tamper switches on the case

    submitted by /u/Rhys19YT
    [link] [comments]

    Can I view the video from a copy of the hard drive? Speco DVR 4TN DVD/300

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:50 AM PST

    A Speco DVR suffered an accidental fall when trying to setup a video for viewing. That accident apparently destroyed the machine for viewing.

    If I can get a copy of the hard drive from the DVR, will I be able to view the video? What tech do I need?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/GretschElectromatic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment