• Breaking News

    Monday, December 7, 2020

    Home security: Why choose network cameras when analog cameras are cheap and easy to install?

    Home security: Why choose network cameras when analog cameras are cheap and easy to install?


    Why choose network cameras when analog cameras are cheap and easy to install?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 10:12 AM PST

    After talking to the local CCTV shop, I realised I'm spending a lot on my network camera setup. My main reason to go for network cameras was that I'd need just one ethernet cable for both power and data. But it turns out the same is the case with Plug and Play cables used in analog camera setup. You connect BNPs on either end of this cable and it's done. With the network setup, one would spend considerably more on cables, PoE cameras, PoE switch and NVR. Then why are network cameras so popular and why do people opt it?

    submitted by /u/comeontarz
    [link] [comments]

    Previous owner of my house had an ADT system. Can I retrofit with something HomeKit enabled, like the Honeywell lyric?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:08 PM PST

    The door sensors are ws4945, there's also stuff like a motion sensor and glass break sensor but I can't find the model #s easily.

    Reading online, it sounds like some of these wireless DSC systems have DRM or dealer codes or something like that. Is that a surmountable problem?

    I'm a very technical guy but have no experience with security systems.

    submitted by /u/Adventurous_Error_34
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what the black box above the Ring Camera is? Thank you.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:45 AM PST

    Zoomed version out of surveillance camera tonight

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:04 PM PST

    Can I just unplug the siren wire from vista 10 alarm panel?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:42 PM PST

    My vista alarm system has been having false alarms about every month much to the dismay of my neighbors (and me). I've been trying to debug which sensor is triggering but there are at least 9 sensors in that zone and they all work fine...until one of them triggers for half a second every month and sets of my alarm. Since it's probably going to take a few months to figure out which sensor is tripping ide like to disable the obnoxious outdoor siren until I have the issue fixed. From what I've read, the red wire going into terminal 3 of the vista 10 panel only powers the siren and nothing else. Can I just pull out that wire? Would it trigger any anti tamper mechanism?

    Update: removing the red wire from terminal 3 worked. When alarm is triggered I still get a call from monitoring station and the keypads make a siren in the house but the outside siren is disabled.

    submitted by /u/AwefulUsername
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any Video doorbells that support local backup, continuous recording, and dc input over wired lines?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 04:38 PM PST

    Comparing different video doorbells sub $200. You check one feature box, you miss on another. I can certainly will accept many shortcomings. But I'm interested in finding one that accepts both dc/ac. This way you can easily create my own backup battery solution, instead of getting a ups for the ac-ac transformer. USB powerbanks are easy to come by. Adding another UPS isn't appealing.

    Some of the doorbells I suspect can use dc input over the wired input terminals, but almost no one has really talked about or tested them.

    Best buy's Eufy doorbell comes closest, but forum posts say you must use a doorbell's ac line.

    submitted by /u/chris480
    [link] [comments]

    Pairing a Hikvision DS-HD1 with an Annke NVR system from web browser?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 09:19 PM PST

    So I bought the Hikvision door bell camera to use with the plug and play Annke system. I want to use the Annke NVR for recording/storage but I can't seem to find a way to pair the door bell with the NVR without using the onboard menus (something I can't access since I don't have a monitor to use with the NVR.) I know the door bell is ONVIF compliant and should work but everything I've seen for pairing a WiFi camera with the NVR goes through the onboard menus. Does anybody know how to do it through the web browser controls ?

    submitted by /u/Tendadus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment