• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 9, 2020

    Home security: Power wiring question for DSC (or any) 1832 with PIRs, glass break, keypad controllers, etc

    Home security: Power wiring question for DSC (or any) 1832 with PIRs, glass break, keypad controllers, etc


    Power wiring question for DSC (or any) 1832 with PIRs, glass break, keypad controllers, etc

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 06:03 PM PST

    How do you connect all the power connections when you have so many? I will soon have 6-8 PIR's, 2 glass breaks, 2 keypad controllers, Envysalink, 2x8 port expansions cards.

    I did try to research how other folks wiring their alarm panels with so many powered devices but when you google search, it only lists something like 'how to connect a PIR' but never multiples.

    Do folks use wire nuts for everything in 1 wire nut? Maybe those WAGO terminal blocks? Mind you, this is just for the power connections, not the zone connections.

    submitted by /u/ejholbs
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to combat mail thiefs?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:27 PM PST

    Package/mail theft in our area has increased dramatically recently, just at our house we've had 2 packages stolen in the past 2 days, back to back. My roommate got the delivery notification on his phone 10 minutes before he got home, and the package was already gone by the time he arrived today. 2 different mail carriers so we know it's not some rogue delivery man stealing shit either, and the timeframe in which it got stolen leads us to believe they're just lurking and waiting for mail to be delivered around that time.

    Safe to say this is worrying to say the least, what would your next steps be if you were me? My first instinct was to get a ring doorbell/camera, (any recommendations on the best brand video doorbell for home security are greatly appreciated) but are there any other effective options you guys can think of regarding mail and package theft?

    submitted by /u/sayit2times
    [link] [comments]

    Help wired home surveillance system

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:24 AM PST

    Good morning! I would like to install some outdoor (6+) and some indoor (4+) cameras wired via ethernet (PoE) for home surveillance. I need some help: - what brand of camera do you advise me? - is better an NVR or a PC with Blue Iris / iVideon (or something else)? With these questions I would like to better understand what is the best solution in term of PRIVACY, POWER CONSUMPTION (or energy used) and purchase PRICES of all the components. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/tommi023
    [link] [comments]

    Go With ADT Cameras or Ubiquiti's Cameras?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:27 PM PST

    I just need some insight on the difference between the ADT Cameras and the Ubiquiti cameras. I already run a Ubiquiti Network on a Unifi Dream Machine Pro. I knew that if I asked this on the Ubiquiti subreddit, then I would get a bunch of shills raving about the Unifi Protect Cameras.

    submitted by /u/TheSinoftheTin
    [link] [comments]

    The how to open a door without a key challenge.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 01:59 PM PST

    I have the following system: VIDEX SMART SERIES VIDEOKIT- SMVK1 which consists of a intercom with a phone inside the building and an buzzer outside the building. From the phone inside the building I can buzz people into the building - just like a standard intercom system.

    Specs of the system:

    I want to be able to buzz other people in or buzz myself in using my smartphone.

    Specifcation:

    • Due to the fact that multiple people use the intercom I have to keep the intercom the same and I cannot change the keys or the door etc.
    • Is there any way or any add on I could use that would let me open my door without keys straight from my phone

    Everything I've seen online involves getting rid of the current intercom system to changing the locks etc.

    submitted by /u/pureka
    [link] [comments]

    Best POE h.265+ security camera system

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:12 PM PST

    My wife and I are building a new house on quite a bit of property that is off the beaten path by a bit. Just in the 12 months we have been building it we have caught a few trespassers, and for peace of mind, we want to have full video coverage. I have already wired the house for a 16 camera POE system but now can't decide which one to go with. Below are my requirements, but I am flexible. If you can send model numbers or links to websites that would be great. Cost isn't a huge restraint but trying to stay below/around $2,000

    • 16 channel
    • POE
    • h.265+ video
    • On-site expandable storage (no paid cloud storage)
    • IP66 weather resistant
    • 2.7/4k resolution
    • Motion detection
    • Some sort of night vision/infrared

    TIA

    submitted by /u/anoiing
    [link] [comments]

    Reseting a Dahua NVR N41B2P

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:49 PM PST

    Just moved into a new rental. The owner says he doesnt know the admin password. Anyone know how to reset it? The email programmed on nvr is unknown. There is no reset button.

    submitted by /u/xrapidme
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading from a non-RTSP DVR to an RTSP DVR, compatibility and recommendations?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:31 AM PST

    I have a Lorex LH018000 (LG010 Eco BlackBox series) DVR that records to a 3.5" SATA drive and we use it for live viewing 7 cameras locally (via HDMI, mobile) and remotely via mobile.

    I'm wanting to view my cameras as an RTSP stream for integration in other apps, but unfortunately the DVR has completely disabled any viewing outside of using their proprietary apps and browser webUI that utilizes an ActiveX plug-in (I've tried everything, from scraping commonly used URL strings manually and automatically, decrypting the DVR firmware and sniffing traffic using multiple applications - and concluded there is no RTSP stream or broadcasted).

    So, my requirements are;

    - Support for my existing 7 cameras ( current Video IN specs: 8 x 1Vp-p, CVBS, 75ohms, BNC/DIN )

    - RTSP support

    - HDMI out

    - 3.5" HDD support with recording capability

    - Native mobile app OPTIONAL

    - Static IP, UPnP/port forwarding support (I assume these are all mainstays for a network DVR)

    submitted by /u/homesecthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    If you could choose, what kind of alarm monitoring service would you really pick?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:21 AM PST

    Hi everyone!

    I'm new here on Reddit, but not new in security industry (more than 10 years). For more than a year I have been developing a marketplace for monitoring services. My motivation was simple: although I have been working in security industry, I couldn't force myself to purchase what I was selling (pay monthly fee to a monitoring company). The price per day when my system was armed was just too high. However, I find those services useful when I'm away and I would purchase them from time to time if I could. That's how the idea of a marketplace started.

    I would like to get your comments about your preferred picks. Are you ok with monthly fees? Would you prefer to purchase such service more likely if offered for shorter periods? Is monitoring enough or do you prefer guard patrol on the location to verify the alarm (if there is no video, of course)? Any other thoughts or suggestions are welcome as well. Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

    submitted by /u/Zuluhood8008
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment