• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 10, 2020

    Home security: Neighbour is away and camera keeps making sound

    Home security: Neighbour is away and camera keeps making sound


    Neighbour is away and camera keeps making sound

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 11:51 AM PST

    Hi there,

    My neighbour's CCTV cam which is right above my living room window which is unfortunately not double-glazed keeps making a sound every 3 mins. The sound is similar to the sound when a computer goes low battery/offline. I don't get on with the guy unfortunately so can't really speak to him about it and fear he may have moved out/be away long term.

    What is that sound and will it go away on its own after sometime? (ie low battery on the camera) or do I need to speak to the landlord? I understand most cameras operate by WiFi these days so I understand it may not be a battery issue, just wondering.

    Thanks a lot for your help!

    submitted by /u/Bernice1979
    [link] [comments]

    New home owner - A little lost with my options - I have a honeywell vista 15/20

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 12:01 PM PST

    Hi everybody, I am a new homeowner and I am looking for some advice on my current options and perhaps any others that I should be pursuing.

    At present, I have what I believe is a Honeywell vista 15/20 setup. This allows me to put the alarm on and has a sensor on the front door and the downstairs windows.

    From a security standpoint, is this all I really need, or are there other things that I should be doing?

    From what I understand, the next step would be to get this system monitored? Which if I am correct, means that any alarm would trigger a remote monitoring company, and they would call me to check-in before they send somebody out to the property? Is this something that I need to pay for, or can I set up this system so that it calls me if the alarm is triggered?

    Alternatively, is there an app that I can get so that I can control this unit remotely and make it "smart"?

    From a camera stand point, what are my options? Is it possible to add cameras that work with the Honeywell system or do I need to go with a different solution here, such as ring or nest?

    Finally, what about switching to a ring setup completely?

    Thanks in advance for any advice.

    submitted by /u/Mrbeztx
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to have a remote access style security camera that I can monitor through my iPhone without connecting to a router directly?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 03:26 PM PST

    My situation is that I rent a single bedroom in a house with a family that owns the house. I purchased a security camera off Amazon that upon opening, tells me that I have to use a wire to connect the box directly to the router at all times. However, my issue is that the owner of the house won't allow me to connect anything to his router. I want to set up the security camera in my bedroom for when I am gone because the owner has a master key to my bedroom, and I'm not the most trusting person, which is why I feel a bit paranoid, and always want to monitor my room from wherever I am. Anyone know what I can do?

    submitted by /u/jpotter3213
    [link] [comments]

    What are the laws about mounting a camera on a tree in the parkway?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:22 PM PST

    We've mounted some cameras on a tree in the parkway trying to capture cars and licence plates. We've been having burglaries. A neighbor doesn't like the idea of cameras. Does anyone know the general legality of mounting cameras on trees in the parkway? I think the city owns the parkway, but we are responsible for maintaining it.

    Edit: We are in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. I've been looked on the internet but can't find any information on anyone doing this.

    submitted by /u/dharmon555
    [link] [comments]

    I need to capture moments of my abusive mom. So i hid a camera in my gaming setup! Can you find the camera?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:14 PM PST

    Honeywell Lynx 5200 replacement options

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:47 AM PST

    I moved into my new to me home 2 years ago, with an existing alarm system with wireless door and window sensors. A honeywell lynx 5200 (from what I can tell ) has never worked. I'd like to keep everything installed and simply replace the main unit.

    What main unit can I buy that is compatible with the already installed wireless sensors? Also, the front door has a zwave keypad lock, but it's stopped working too. If possible, I'd love to get that working with the unit as well.

    submitted by /u/unknownwhitey
    [link] [comments]

    Need help sourcing cameras for business

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:27 AM PST

    I am starting a business selling cameras for the equestrian community. However, I am having trouble figuring out where to source my cameras. The requirements for the product I am looking for are:

    • Battery or solar-powered (no wires allowed in horse stalls)

    • 4g/cellular streamed/SIM card slot (no Wi-Fi at equestrian facilities)

    • API so our app can connect to the camera

    • Easy for consumers to self-install, such as a Ring camera

    The Reolink-Go (https://reolink.com/us/product/reolink-go-pt/) is the exact product I am looking to source. Obviously, I cannot repackage and resell this consumer product. I have looked into Rhombus Systems (rhombussystems.com) and they have the camera API and camera quality I am looking for, however, their cameras are W-Fi only.

    I would love your advice on where to look for cameras and your advice. I am clearly new to the camera game and want to learn from the best.

    submitted by /u/pancakeforpresident
    [link] [comments]

    What alarm am I listening to every single night?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 09:33 PM PST

    I live in apartments. Every single night I hear an electronic male voice LOUDLY saying "You are trespassing on private property. Your actions are being recorded on video. Please leave the site immediately or contact us with your password." It could be on a car? There are cats in the neighborhood that could be setting an alarm off. Too many words to google. Wondering if anyone has heard this before? It's been driving me nuts all year.

    submitted by /u/PickleTrivia615
    [link] [comments]

    I find a tutorial about better Free AI motion detection in Reolink sub. Can I use it in my cam? Any suggestions?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 03:33 AM PST

    Here is that guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/reolinkcam/comments/k98oss/reolink_ai_tool_home_assistant_free_edition/

    I find this guide in reolink sub. Very detailed.

    Home Assistant, iSpy, AI Tool, Deepstack AI; It seems a little complex, but free and better person/vehicle motion detection.

    I don't want to subscribe Wyze CamPlus. I know v2 supports RTSP. Is this a good way to go? I heard different ideas about wyze RTSP. So any suggestions?

    Thank you for taking time looking into it. I appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/mentosonthedeck
    [link] [comments]

    If ADT and SimpliSafe both suck, who should I use?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:41 PM PST

    So from all the research I have been doing, all I hear is that ADT sucks and SimpliSafe is easily hacked and bypassed. So with all that said, who else should I use for a home alarm system?

    submitted by /u/throwaway_1755
    [link] [comments]

    IP Cam plan review. Feedback appreciated.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 05:53 PM PST

    I'm getting ready to place my order for everything I need to setup a IP camera system. I was hoping to get some feedback in case there is any glaring issues.

    I was going to start with a single "IPC-T3241T-ZAS 2MP Lite AI IR Vari-Focal" camera and add one a month until I have good coverage. I expect to end with 8-12 cameras.

    I was planing to use a "TP-Link 16 Port Gigabit PoE Switch | 8 PoE Port+ 110W" switch. I figure I can use the non POE ports for uplink and to place smaller POE switches farther out when the time comes.

    And last for Blue Iris I have a $25 garage sale special monster work station with, "Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz Memory: 32GB RAM".

    Any feedback on the equipment I'm looking at or my plan in general?

    submitted by /u/Cobra__Commander
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment