• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 20, 2020

    Home security: New Home - Need to remove previous owners security system

    Home security: New Home - Need to remove previous owners security system


    New Home - Need to remove previous owners security system

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    Just moved into a new home and looks like the previous owners had some sort of security system installed. I am not familiar with security systems at all, but I assume this is one (see photo below)

    photo of system

    It's in the network box, and I just wanted to know the safest way to remove it, if possible.

    How can I go about taking this out and cutting wires, etc?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/holygr4il
    [link] [comments]

    How many security cameras do I need?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    I am having a house built. The main floor will be about 1900 square feet with several corners and a garage and there is a second floor above it. How many security cameras do I need? Where should they point? Where do I start?! Haha. You can probably tell I know nothing at this point...

    In terms of technology I was looking at the Ubiquiti dream station and cameras from that brand.

    EDIT: Here is the first floor floorplan. https://imgur.com/uZuxaAl

    submitted by /u/Behacad
    [link] [comments]

    scw9057 app based notifications/self monitoring?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    Hey there!
    I've been digging around a bit to try and find answers for this but have been coming up a little short. If I want to receive notifications on my phone if the door is unlocked or a window breaks, what would I be looking for to integrate with a scw9057 alarm panel?

    submitted by /u/clockworkfish
    [link] [comments]

    Which security systems can integrate with outdoor cameras to alert me (but not trigger the alarm) for outside movement?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    I'm setting up a brand new security system and one thing I'd like is to set a camera outside, and designate the areas of the property that are private property (as opposed to street/sidewalk), and if someone comes onto those in the night, to alert my phone with a push notification but not trigger the alarm and call the police.

    Do any systems support this?

    submitted by /u/toptaptip
    [link] [comments]

    Is Bay Alarm a good security company in the Bay Area?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    I've heard absolute horror stories about ADT so I know to avoid them, but I don't know who can come in, install my security system with minimal hassle, and maintain that system as I make improvements to the house (will be changing the windows, I'll need the contacts moved over from the old windows to the new windows, etc.

    They have good reviews, anyone have firsthand experience?

    submitted by /u/toptaptip
    [link] [comments]

    Dvr replacement

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    Hello I bought a cobra dvr and 4 cameras. It worked really well for me for 3.5 years straight and then a power outage seemed to fry the DVR. I called harbor freight to see if I could get another cobra dvr and they said they don't sell just the dvr. What do y'all recommend I get under $200 for a simple dvr 8 channel 1 TB of HD. I need it to have remote viewing as well. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/anon31s
    [link] [comments]

    Interlogix TX-6010-01-1 replacement

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    I have a Concord Express security system, with Interlogix TX-6010-01-1 wireless smoke detectors. Two of my smoke detectors are warning of a loss of supervision every 24 hours. Unfortunately, they're no longer made anymore. Does anyone know of a replacement wireless smoke detector that is compatible with Concord Express? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/roblefko1
    [link] [comments]

    Single camera recommendation

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    Hope this is the right place.

    Looking for a single camera been looking at the wyze and eufy just to monitor my son's room.

    Looking for something that I can view live feed or atleast go back and check the prior few hours.

    Will mostly be viewed on the same wifi network while at home. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Pato602
    [link] [comments]

    Help finding new wireless security camera recommendations for ISpy

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    I need some home (outdoor) security cameras for ISpy. - I don't trust any system that requires trust :) Open Source is the only thing to trust because it is trustless. (Also I already have my own (battery backed up) server and router that I own and control :) )

    Anyway, I find it extremely hard to search the web for new-ish cameras that are confirmed to work with ISpy. ISpy's database is large but can't be sorted by year or features and only shows obscure model numbers.

    What I'm looking for is:

    • - 1080p - preferrably 1440p. (or more but not necessary)
    • - true wireless (and battery): doesn't need power cable or lan cable -- if the thief can cut the power or lan cable e.g. at the gate / source, then there's no point.
    • - has IR lights (night mode), and is (hot & cold) weatherproof
    • - preferably also has a nice solar panel like https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Reolink-Argus-Eco-Security-Detection/dp/B07QQNRWK2
    • - works with ISpy (ONVIF?)
    • - hopefully has large FoV, and also good depth motion detection zone setup capabilities as there's greenery around.

    Cheers for any help on how to search for this stuff, or recommendations. Or ways to hack proprietary cameras into working with ISpy or smth..

    Or at least some DIY guides for assembling such a camera myself if all else fails.....

    [EDIT]

    Ok so it was pointed out that:

    • - low power devices that turn themselves off (which are most of the true wireless ones) usually don't work with ispy / blue iris
    • - very cheap wifi jammers exist that have range of 40m
    • - laying down tamper-proof cabling is seriou$ work, and you still need batteries because anyone can cut the power at the gate.
    submitted by /u/igotmypantsoniswear
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment