• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 27, 2020

    Home security: Beware of ADT: Bunch of liars. Don't get trapped by their false Quote

    Home security: Beware of ADT: Bunch of liars. Don't get trapped by their false Quote


    Beware of ADT: Bunch of liars. Don't get trapped by their false Quote

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    Stay away from these liars. One of the worst businesses I have ever dealt with. I lost my awesome deal with CPI, because fo these liars. Their Sales Mgr on a recorded line promised a better deal, gets my agreement to check my credit score, takes deposit for installation, sends the technician the next day only for me to uncover that he gave a false Quote and now ADT as a company would not honor that. Despite me telling them to check their recording and honor what was committed to the customer, even if your Sales Mgr made a mistake, they refused and the Sales Regional Mgr on the call was extremely rude. All he would say is, we will give your money back. Reached out to Customer care, who never returned my call after it dropped during their internal transfer. In short, their logo should be "Not trustworthy" and they promise security.. Its a joke. Sharing this so others don't get trapped by them.

    submitted by /u/Spider_Man_74
    [link] [comments]

    Calling police when out of town when someone breaks in

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    I already have a monitored alarm system, but if theoretically someone were to somehow not trip the alarm but I caught them on my own cameras how would I contact the police if I were not in my town?

    submitted by /u/Helllllothereeee
    [link] [comments]

    Which camera can I add to my NVR?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    I have a generic NVR that came with 4 cameras. I want to add another camera. But on Amazon, there are so many different cameras, I'm lost. What do I need to look for in a camera so I can add it to my NVR system? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Artistic_Ad_4937
    [link] [comments]

    Remove old door and window sensors

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I need help removing these sensors from the doors and windows.

    At first I thought they were attached with sticky pads but i can't get them off by pulling. Then I thought they might be screwed in but I can't seem to find out how they're screwed on either.

    My best guess is there's a part that's screwed on and another part? Anyone have any experience with these things? Thanks for any help!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/GD9j9GN

    submitted by /u/mgobill
    [link] [comments]

    Modernize an existing ademco vista 20 setup?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Home we moved into came with the above installed. My main goals would be to leverage the existing door sensors to integrate into smarthome automation (front door open -> turn on light) and have a route to remote monitoring and alerting, without a subscription. I'd either want Alexa or HomeKit to be the controller that's "aware" of the door open action to therefore tell the lights to turn on.

    Hub6.io looks like it might be what I seek, but when I run through the compatibility guide, Ademco products aren't there. My understanding is that Honeywell bought Ademco (?), but my control panels don't match anything they show. And when I read about the Alexa skill, I'm not sure if I can turn "door opened" into the start of an action.

    What would you turn to for this need?

    submitted by /u/swy
    [link] [comments]

    Brinks deal too good to be true?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    So I have been using various home monitoring services over 10 years now. Starting with Monitronics, then moving to another company that eventually also got bought up by Brinks Home Security.

    As a result I was grandfathered in with a good monthly rate. I asked to cancel my service this month and Brinks made me a good offer, and I'm wondering if they may be tricking me somehow.

    Brinks will let me continue month to month and send me a free panel upgrade and camera and keep my current rate.

    They gave me the option of signing a contract to lock in my grandfathered rate for 1-3years. Or go month to month with no guarantee that my rate won't be increased.

    I'm a little baffled by the free equipment, without a contract. I don't appear to be renting the equipment. I got an e email with a several hundred dollar bill, minus the discount for staying on. I can't find anywhere in the contract that says I even need to return the equipment if I decide to cancel after the one month initial term.

    Am I overlooking something in this deal?

    submitted by /u/Finnzz
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to view Zmodo cams from pc 2020?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    When I first bought this system 2 years ago, I could easily login @ user.zmodo.com & view from pc, but since flash has been discontinued I cannot seem to find any method of viewing on pc, only on the app via smartphone.

    submitted by /u/possum_minister
    [link] [comments]

    Replace Bosch D222 / D2212B System

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    I've got a 15 year old Bosch D222 / D2212B system that I'm trying to replace, ideally with an alarm.com capable system that I can also monitor locally via envisalink or something similar (open platform).

    I just took a look at the system, and it was wired with 15 zones, 3 keypads. Every keypad has some zones registered on it, as these keypads had 4 expansion zones per keypad.

    This seems to make things a bit more interesting - it seems most hardwire alarm systems are designed around "home runs" for every zone.

    I was looking at the DSC Powerseries (non-neo) + Envisalink, but I was concerned that I'd have to use a PC5108 expander hidden in the wall behind every keypad - I've only removed one thus far to even know if I'd have room to shove it behind the keypad.

    Are there any more modern systems that have expanders built into keypads, or other alternatives?

    submitted by /u/thedutchbag
    [link] [comments]

    H 194 Safe Requirement?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    I will appreciate it if anyone knows what this is? it's something to do with safes that's all i know

    submitted by /u/olliegw
    [link] [comments]

    02 BUS FAILURE after adding new keypad

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    My Concord 4 system was installed with a single FTP-1000 keypad, but wiring was in the walls to a second location. I purchased an ATP-1000 and connected it there, as well as at the C4 end, being careful about matching wire colors for Bus A+B. After powerup, the ATP lights up but displays no text. Pressing buttons does cause beeps. On the older FTP panel it beeped 5 times and the status display says "02 BUS FAILURE". Does this mean that the FTP is having communication problems? I was pretty careful about not dislodging existing wires at the panel.

    Brinks is scheduling a tech visit but I would rather fix this without them if possible. Unfortunately without the ATP keypad working, I can't get to the real "programming" settings.

    submitted by /u/greenbluewhite
    [link] [comments]

    Need help upgrading from a Foscam 2mp 1080p camear

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    I currently have a Foscam 2MP 1080p Wi-Fi IP Camera installed on the inside of my front window facing outside. It captures the driveway, cars, porch, and walkway to the front door. The motion detection however is spotty, I have times where something is delivered to my door and I do not get a notification.

    I am looking for a suggestion to upgrade to another IP camera that has a better motion sensor in it and will be able to pick up everything. I have access to a power plug where it is installed and would prefer to have something without a subscription service. Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/skipeaks
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone using a 'Lockdown Puck'?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Lockdown puck - the smart device that senses tampering.. Anyone use this?

    submitted by /u/not_sauce
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment