• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 19, 2020

    Home security: What professionally monitored system works best with Nest, Sonos, Smart lightbulbs etc

    Home security: What professionally monitored system works best with Nest, Sonos, Smart lightbulbs etc


    What professionally monitored system works best with Nest, Sonos, Smart lightbulbs etc

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 07:11 PM PDT

    I currently have Nest thermostat, doorbell, cameras and Sonos speakers throughout the house, plan on purchasing smart lightbulbs...is there a proffesionally monitored alarm panel which integrates with all of that or works with a central app to control all of that? I realize I may be asking a bit too much.

    submitted by /u/SnowCone4
    [link] [comments]

    Unsure how IP cameras are powered, can the "processing" be done remotely for blue iris?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    So I have a plex media server in my house that has an i5 4690k and 16 GB of ddr3 ram with no video card. I am trying to setup 2 basic security cameras at my dad's small business and the ideal setup would be those two cameras to be static IP, into a switch, into his modem, forwarded to my house, then recorded straight to my server using blue iris. However, I am unsure where the bottleneck in this would be, it seems to easy. I know the i5 is getting pretty old but only two cameras should mean it can...suffice? But I have yet to be able to confirm if its even possible to process these cameras with a CPU that isnt on the same LAN. Any help would be MUCH Appreciated as im as noob as noob gets to this stuff

    submitted by /u/hailnicolascage
    [link] [comments]

    Add Wifi Camera to Current Secured Camera Network

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    I currently run 5 outdoor wired cameras into a POE switch into a computer running Blue Iris and the computer is off my home network so I am secure. I want to add a couple of indoor wifi cameras to this system and keep the wifi cameras off my home network and thus secure.

    I plan to get a wifi router for communicating with the wifi cameras, but do I hook the router into the POE switch or into the computer network on the computer running Blue Iris? I want Blue Iris to manage the wifi cameras like it does for my outdoor cameras.

    Is there anything else to ensure the wifi cameras are secure and don't make it onto the internet?

    What would be a decent cheap wifi camera to start out with, Wyze?

    submitted by /u/jdswather
    [link] [comments]

    What security system should I get?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    I'm looking for something that:

    • Sounds an alarm when house is entered

    • Is not a package that requires cameras (I already have those)

    • Will not detect large pets like dogs

    • Can be set up myself (preferred)

    • Will alert police (preferred)

    Please let me know if anything fits this criteria or if any more information is needed. I've been looking around but everything like this requires professional installation. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bulborb
    [link] [comments]

    FYI - $50 off ecobee Home Security Bundle

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is the right place to share but I found a great deal on home security products and I wanted to share it with the people who would care the most about it :)

    ecobee is offering an additional $50 off their Home Security Bundle (so deal price of $229) which has their SmartCamera with voice control and then 4 sensors (2 motion sensors and 2 motion + entry sensors). Use SECURITY50 to get the deal.

    All these products separately cost $337 so getting everything for $229 is a fantastic deal.

    The code only works for the first 500 people who use it so get it while you can if you're interested!

    https://www.ecobee.com/en-us/bundles-exclusives-offers/home-security-monitoring-bundle/

    submitted by /u/fulltime-stargazer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment