• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 19, 2020

    Home security: Should I swap my LTS NVR for a PC running Blue Iris?

    Home security: Should I swap my LTS NVR for a PC running Blue Iris?


    Should I swap my LTS NVR for a PC running Blue Iris?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    Nothing wrong with the NVR I have now. Everything works really really well. However, this sub makes Blue Iris sound like its jesus level software. Is it worth putting in the time, effort and money to dispose of my NVR and build a machine and configure BI?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/LuckBulky
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor WiFi plug in camera with 24/7 recording?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    I am leaning towards the reolink rlc410w or 511w but I have heard mixed things about reolink. Is there any other suggestions for an outdoor WiFi camera that plugs in and records 24/7? Looking for something with good night vision range and crisp day video.

    submitted by /u/spartyon11
    [link] [comments]

    Home defense at a moments notice?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    Starting with a quick backstory, but feel free to jump down to the actual discussion point.

    Story: Recently there has been a home invasion less than a mile from my home. Looking through the discussion online about it i discovered the home had been invaded a couple years back and the prior homeowner left the city afterwards, but she was commenting on the post! The recent invasion was had home footage online of multiple men kicking the door in and pointing guns at the family. I reached out to the past owner and she confirmed it was the exact same scenario when she lived there.

    Discussion: So all the above got me thinking, if someone kicked in my door or it was left unlocked how quickly could I access a weapon if at all, before some kind of contact? I didn't like my odds to be honest. Without getting into the discussion/lectures of preventing the intrusion in the first place I'm curious how others here prep for this, such as a weapon in each room?

    submitted by /u/I_Zeig_I
    [link] [comments]

    23 Home Invasion Statistics You Should [Know]

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Best WiFi 2k plug in outdoor cameras?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    What are some of the best WiFi (non PoE) plug in cameras out there? Looking to replace some on my house.

    submitted by /u/spartyon11
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment