• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 20, 2020

    Home security: Living with roommates who I don’t trust. need recommendations on a camera I can use to make sure I can catch any unwanted visitors in my room.

    Home security: Living with roommates who I don’t trust. need recommendations on a camera I can use to make sure I can catch any unwanted visitors in my room.


    Living with roommates who I don’t trust. need recommendations on a camera I can use to make sure I can catch any unwanted visitors in my room.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    Not quite sure how pricey they can be but ideally the cheapest and most reliable product. I don't know if it exists but something I can charge and let run, maybe view recordings and feed through an app on my phone securely. I'd prefer if I could hide it but if not, oh well. Does anything like this exist? I've seen a few on Amazon but I don't know how reliable those are.

    submitted by /u/UGisOnline
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for recommendations for RV Camera systems

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    Hello all, I'll get to the meat of it.

    I am vastly under-qualified when it comes to figuring out the differences between cameras and power draw requirements.

    My old man is making a trailer into an RV/work trailer and wants some discrete outdoor dome cameras on it that can be accessed via an app & do local storage, draws from a PoE switch, and does less than 12V. I have been struggling to find anything that meets those requirements and was wondering if anyone on here would know of any systems that meet those specs

    submitted by /u/MechfreakGoreko
    [link] [comments]

    Good Camera placement?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    Hey Everyone. Currently building a house and looking to prewire for a reolink camera system. Any thoughts on the 4 camera locations I have marked below.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/Ig5HZge

    submitted by /u/RR50
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to have hardwired PoE IP cameras at m beach house, but have the NVR at my primary residence

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    There was a break in at my beach house, which I only use once a year for a few months. I would like to install some wired PoE cameras. But I would like the storage to be at my primary residence. The beach house is in California but I'm in Colorado myself.

    Is this possible?

    Why I want something like this is if someone were to break in, I wouldn't want them to steal or destroy the hard drives. I was thinking of wireless but we all know how unreliable those are. I would also like to not have these videos stored in the cloud if possible. Right now I have Hikvision cameras at my primary residence and they work great.

    submitted by /u/LuckBulky
    [link] [comments]

    New System

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    Hey guys, looking for a new system and was hoping I could get some advice. Who are the best providers and which systems are the best for home security?

    submitted by /u/Clashyjammer1126
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on Camera Placement

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    So, I recently purchased a PoE camera kit (Foscam FN3108XE-B4-1T) and I have my locations picked out for 2 of the cameras and the NVR. I'm trying to figure out the best way to place the remaining 2. I'm thinking I should place them both in my carport, as that's where the cars and the two main entrances to the house are. Also, there's a table where I receive deliveries and have shipments picked up.

    I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any advice on placing these cameras. According to the manufacturer, they have up 60ft night vision, 70° horiontal viewing angle, and 75° diagonal viewing angle if that helps any.

    I whipped up this image real quick of the area I'm trying to cover: Carport Layout

    submitted by /u/Academic-Wind
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations on 8MP Camera IP

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    Looking to add some cameras to my property. Looking for suggestions of 8MP units that are POE and has facial recognition

    My first choice was Google IQ, but appears to be sold out everywhere, and it's not POE

    submitted by /u/lenovoguy
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for cameras

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Just moved into a new house in a new development so there aren't a lot of people around. Recently there has been a construction site "broken into" (is it really broken into if none of them are locked? Anyone can go into any home that's being built lol) and all of the tools and equipment we're stolen - that's just stupid contractors in my opinion. However now there's been a wave of car break ins and I'm getting slightly more worried.

    Is there anything I can get that doesn't rely on some kind of a subscription? I have a home server (FreeNAS) with 114 TB of storage with a bit of redundancy that I figure I could just write to in order to avoid constantly uploading and subscriptions. I'd prefer PoE as well.

    I'm just trying to do some early homework and was looking for some advice.

    submitted by /u/TheBigGame117
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment