• Breaking News

    Monday, September 21, 2020

    Home security: Did somebody just try to break into my house?

    Home security: Did somebody just try to break into my house?


    Did somebody just try to break into my house?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    I've just woken up to massive thuds on my front door, there were maybe 3 or 4 and then the doorbell rang. I woke up and ran downstairs then nobody was there. Were they trying to see if anyone was in by looking to see if they lights went on? It's 3am, should I stay awake just in case they try and come back?

    submitted by /u/EntireSpell
    [link] [comments]

    Security Camera in a dense city

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 11:50 PM PDT

    Hey I'm living in the middle of a pretty dense city and I live in an attached townhouse. The house I live in can't really be modified too much so drilling cables thru brick is out of the question. I know a decent bit about consumer level tech, setting up networks and mesh networks and my own cloud server. I'm very good at googling problems but I can't seem to find a good solution hardware solution that lists the specifications of the microphone. I have....questionable people near my home and I'd like to be able to hear them talking. There's been altercations near my house and I need to feel safe tbh.

    What I'm looking for is a wireless camera system that has a very good omnidirectional microphone. At least a 3 camera system. The current system I have is atrocious the cameras I have are terrible and the microphone crackles and pops. They were like 100 altogether for 3. Barely can make out any sort of detail on people. Budgets no longer an issue but it needs to be not an eyesore a lot of the city is historical so any reason for neighbors to complain is out, they allow smallish cameras like rings or those orb ones but not one or the ones you see in movies that are cartoonishly big. Think powerful in a small package. I can connect the outside ones to power as power cables already exist there. Thanks for the help. I really need it.

    submitted by /u/Revick
    [link] [comments]

    Wired Installation

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    I've been researching security cameras and I've come to the conclusion that wireless just won't work for me. I want continuous recording, not everyday, but I'd like to just choose to have them record longer than the useless 10 second clips wireless cameras allow.

    Question: Does the wired installation of security cameras use the same method as cable installation? If yes, then I don't see how my landlord would really notice the difference in holes.

    Second question: Some security cameras are wired and come with the plug attached. Plug and play action. If I get those how would I make sure they stay plugged into the outdoor outlets? I would need some sort extension cords or something.

    submitted by /u/Initial_Remote
    [link] [comments]

    Quick advice required.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    What would be best in your opinion to secure about £30k worth of items on a budget (work equipment). A £100 safe / lockable metal cabinet secured to the floor / wall or a steel door with 12 point lock into the room? And why?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Vertigo_uk123
    [link] [comments]

    Need help identifying a camera (or a similar one)

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    One of my elderly relatives wants a security camera. They want something similar to what their neighbors have: https://imgur.com/cgCc5bh

    The camera in the above image is solar powered and appears to be wireless. Anyone have any idea what model of camera the neighbors have?

    Any similar models that you'd recommend?

    submitted by /u/OutrageousOutrage
    [link] [comments]

    Home security camera recommendations?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    I have been using Amazon's cloud cam for the past few years and it's been working pretty well. What I like about it is the wireless connection and how I can view live footage from anywhere with an internet connection. What I don't like is the yearly subscription(3 camera set up) and how it can't continuously record all the time.

    My friend has a wired Lorex system and from what I've seen, it looks great. I like how he doesn't need to pay a premium to use it and how he can stream live feed from his mobile device.

    I'm looking to upgrade my security camera system to one that that has a higher quality recordings(1080p+), be able to stream live from mobile, and continuous video recording(at least 1 week). Extra features I would like to have but don't need are alarm sounds, two-way audio, and no premium.

    What would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/SDGAmen
    [link] [comments]

    Wiring a Wave 2 siren to a Honeywell 5800WR and a power supply issue

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Title says it. The issue I have is with the power supply. I have the wall transformer to wire to the relay, but have a ac to dc pinplug-type power adapter for the siren power. I do not have the AD12612 power supply, but from what I understand that power supply isn't necessary. I am installing this siren indoors to my current system which already has wireless capability.

    I am very limited on time as I have to leave town soon. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/mrhazeyyy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment