• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 13, 2020

    Home security: Pretty sure my neighbor tried going into my car

    Home security: Pretty sure my neighbor tried going into my car


    Pretty sure my neighbor tried going into my car

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    I showed up my apartment and was going inside as he was going out. I was only there for a quick snack and charging cable and like 2 min later my car alarm is blaring. When I leave he is sitting in his truck with the most scared look I've ever seen. My car was unlocked but the alarm will still go off after 30 seconds. He is elderly and has asked me for cash for cigarettes in the past. Not sure what I should do at this point or if I should anything. Nothing of value is in my car. I didn't catch him in the act so I don't have 100% proof. I could confront him but not sure if that's worth doing, but at the same time he might think he got away with and might try it on other neighbor's cars.

    submitted by /u/Progamingcinema
    [link] [comments]

    Who would I hire to install a POE camera system for me?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:00 AM PDT

    Hey all, I'm moving into a new house and I'm wanting to get a POE outdoor camera system installed. I don't feel comfortable doing the cabling myself, but I'd like to buy my system of choice and pay someone to run the cables/install the cameras for me (more so the cabling though). Is this something I'd call an electrician for? I've also looked into structured cable installers, but all of them seem to be business to business.

    submitted by /u/MilkChugg
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to provide surveillance for your home?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    I live in a not so great neighborhood in a duplex and I have reasonable suspicion that my neighbors are drug dealers (nothing concrete I could pass along to law enforcement, I'm just a really observant person). I live alone with my 5 year old and while I dont care what my neighbors are doing, my suspicion makes me want to increase security in/around my home. What is the best way to do this? Would I be fine with a couple Ring doorbells or should I go with a surveillance company like ADT or SimpliSafe?

    submitted by /u/DamnYouScubaSteeeve
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade of DSC LCD5500Z aka ADT5500

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I have a DSC panel that I would like to upgrade for wireless and self monitoring. Any suggestions on what is possible?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/LBarouf
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with CMS

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    I'm having a major issue with running CMS on my PC.

    Previously I can run my CMS without any issue on my dual monitor PC, but since january, my cpu usage shoots up whenever I connect more than 4 camera from CMS. Around 30 percent on 4 cameras, and 100 percent on 5 camera

    I have tried to troubleshoot it for very long, but one thing consistently work to fix it temporarily; If I uninstall my AMD driver, the CMS can connect flawlessly again to all 8 cameras, until I restart my PC.

    Is there some weird amd update that broke CMS?

    submitted by /u/Po_on
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Creepy neighbor installed a camera that may point at my place

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    My next door neighbor at my condo installed a Night Owl camera and I'm creeped out because it appears to be able to record my driveway. From a security standpoint I really am not keen on him knowing when I am coming and going. Anybody have any idea how much these night owl cameras record? The website says it has a "100 degree wide angle field of view per camera". I want to know if my driveway is being recorded.

    From the pics I've included the camera doesn't directly angle to my driveway, but I feel like the camera should be angled more toward their yard. Ugh. Is it pointless to email the condo association? Any input appreciated.

    submitted by /u/33LivesAloneHas3cats
    [link] [comments]

    Helpful video on the various window film options! Stay safe!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    AI for Security Camera

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    Hi so I have two cameras set up to take 3 photos when movement is detected. Pictures are dumped on a FTP server with a time stamp. They also record video.

    Ideally I want to be able to use software to tag or categorize the pictures. So like only cars people or a cat etc. So question is, any software like that?

    Would make it easier as there's 100s of movement events being near a main road.

    submitted by /u/Timzy
    [link] [comments]

    No Soffits, where do I place cameras?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    I always see advice to place under soffits. I don't have soffits. Where else are people mounting cameras? I have gutters. Do I mount it to my wall under the gutters?

    submitted by /u/on3_3y3d_bunny
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment