• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 13, 2020

    Home security: Lorex Cameras

    Home security: Lorex Cameras


    Lorex Cameras

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    Purchased system from Lorex Factory, took 3 months to arrive, 2yr warranty when bought from manufacturer. Had 3 camera failures. They will not honor 2yr warranty on a 3rd camera failure. I have been waiting for action on their part for 9 months! They say i do not exist in their computer system, no record of 2 previous camera failures that they actually warrantied. When they failed to honor warranty, I told them I would give bad reviews on internet, they proceeded to threaten me with Legal Action for Freedom of Speech. Hence this post! BUYER BEWARE OF LOREX CAMERA SYSTEMS!!!

    submitted by /u/nonlinearload
    [link] [comments]

    Visible light question...

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    If I were to set up game cameras as a "cheap" security set up can humans see any light omitted by them? Obviously if it has a flash i don't see how you *wouldn't" see it, but i don't know anything about night vision

    submitted by /u/Mylifewentsideways
    [link] [comments]

    Interlogix 60-362N (I think) where do these wires go?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    Here's what I have on my front and back entry doors: https://imgur.com/a/OUuCpud . I'm trying to figure out if these are wireless or not. I think they are, because well, there are two wires at the top! But really I have no idea. Could someone please confirm this, and also tell me where the wires lead to?

    submitted by /u/AyLilDoo
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t find what I’m looking for, help.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    It seems every security company in my area just comes out and installs the ring or some other type of wireless camera. I want hardwired and not connected to my WiFi.

    I used to run wire for a large oil and gas company and install cameras but it's been about 10 years since I have done it.

    Can you guys help me list out what exactly I'll need and some recommendations on what cameras to use?

    3 outdoor cameras. One for backyard, on for fence gate, one for above garage.

    What do I need to make this work without having to buy the wireless rechargeable cameras?

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/Squatbarcurls
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for wifi camera setup suggestions

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Looking for a video recording/streaming app that saves as it records/streams

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    Ultimately I want to be able remotely (from my phone to my home device) tell a recording to save a copy to a Megasync folder so I can retrieve it pretty much immediately.

    submitted by /u/gjdhzcnq
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless providers

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    I'm going to upgrade from a Simon XT to an IQ Panel 2. I don't know which wireless provider my current system is using but I'll call tomorrow and find out. When I do, does it need to be the same? Like if I'm on AT&T now, do I need to get an AT&T IQ2?

    submitted by /u/AyLilDoo
    [link] [comments]

    Door chime/sensor issue

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    I'm having an issue with my home alarm system sensors. I'm curious if anyone has had this problem or something similar. This recently just started but I would get random beeps maybe once or twice randomly as if someone was opening the door. The issue is all the doors are closed and the pad lights green. When the chime does go off, I went to look to see which sensor it may be that's causing this but by the time I get to it, the pad is green and it's nothing. One night I set the house alarm because I was a little paranoid and not sure what was going on. I had a feeling that it would trigger the alarm if I were to set it but I set it anyway. At 4am, the sensor went off and the alarm rang the whole house. We got a call from our alarm service asking if everything was okay. We confirmed but not sure if it's a faulty sensor or something triggered it. All the doors were closed, windows closed as well and everything.

    Has anyone experience this before? If so, how did you get it fix? I think I may have to contact the alarm people to mayhaps get this issue fixed.

    submitted by /u/ayeeone_713
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas: Double sliding glass door

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Ideally I'd like to replace the door but that's not in the cards right now.

    Can't use a security bar because it can just open the opposite way.

    Any suggestions for extra security?

    Thank you 🌻

    submitted by /u/Laelaa-
    [link] [comments]

    Why Did You Get a Security System?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    I'm a copywriter writing ads for a security company. I've never had a security system before so I'm doing research to see peoples' motivations for getting a security system. I know about all of the common benefits: monitoring, peace of mind, better sleep etc, but I'd like to hear more about the human side of things.

    Did something happen to your house that made you decide to get a system? Did you move into a neighborhood and after seeing what it was like decide to invest in a system? How has having a system impacted your life (positively and/or negatively).

    Any and all responses welcome! Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/ahickey27
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex DVR constantly reboots ONLY when running PC software

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    Hello,

    For some time now my Lorex LHV2016-DFS3 (Costco 16 channel DVR) began regularly rebooting ONLY when connected to the PC software (works for 2--5 minutes, DVR reboots, reconnects about 30 seconds later). The Lorex Android app seems to work fine (no reboot triggering or disconnecting).

    Also, while exporting a large section of video (~10 minute download), it doesn't appear to reboot at all. Reboots occur when running the PC software regardless of whether its monitoring live video or playback or doing nothing.

    I've tried many Lorex/Flir PC desktop software versions with the same results. I'm currently running Lorex Cloud V1.0.0/2019-11-27 64 bit version.

    I'm sure other's have had this problem... any fix?

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/goodguy5000hd
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to use pre-installed cameras

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Hi folks. Bit of an odd one but we've moved into a house with integrated security cameras, but nothing to plug them into. I'm hoping one of you fine folks might know if there's a unit I can buy to make use of them? The cables and control remote are still installed - I've linked to a photo of them, but this is about all I have to go on I'm afraid. And I can only apologise for imgur inexplicably turning them all 90 degrees.

    Anywho - got one of the spinny domed bad boys and four of the fixed ones. I can only assume the original owners are paranoid as shit because it's a nice area! There appears to be a lead for way camera with a little label saying they should be attached to a DVR.

    Like I say, bit of a tall order, but any pointers appreciated. link to the goods

    submitted by /u/SirDeeSee
    [link] [comments]

    2020 burglary statistics

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    I am here to clarify a few things about burglary, mainly statistics(for the US)...

    1. 7% of people never lock their doors
    2. 65% of burglaries happen in the morning
    3. There is an 11% higher chance you will get burglarized in the summer
    4. There is a 1/100 chance of you being burglarized this year(if you live to 100, that is 1/1) with 1,230,149 burglaries happening every year and the 128.58 million households(US)
    5. The average loss from a burglary is...
    6. burglars have a 34% chance of entering...

    For more information visit: https://www.defiel.com/2020-home-burglary-statistics/

    submitted by /u/Defiel1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment