• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 16, 2020

    Home security: Looking for decent system with little effort

    Home security: Looking for decent system with little effort


    Looking for decent system with little effort

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    Need about 4 cams. thinking about the following. any opinions ?

    amcrest

    submitted by /u/NoMoDel_
    [link] [comments]

    A quick and easy mailbox upgrade

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    What camera to watch my fence line?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    Short story is, my neighbors are assholes and have poisoned my dogs at least once. I want a camera that I can use to monitor the fence line so the dogs can be outside safely. The fence is approximately 90-100' from the house. I'd like to have audio as well if possible.

    submitted by /u/Ellamenope-
    [link] [comments]

    DSC PK5508 keypad trouble

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    The builders of my house hardwired the security system but I dont want to pay for monitoring service. I hooked up power and battery to the control box, now my keypad is beeping every 10 seconds and has the yellow triangle trouble light. Anytime I press a button it gives a long beep, stops, then continues beeping every 10 seconds. My online searching just brings up how to look up the error codes to see what the problem is, but I can't get to that without the long beeps and nothing happening. Help!

    submitted by /u/Freyd_Knot
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a simple setup?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm new to security systems so forgive my question if it's stupid.

    Is there a 2K or 4K outdoor camera that I can just mount outside facing my yard and connect it to my router or directly to my desktop to record everything? Everything I see for sale wants you to either pay for their expensive cloud storage or do a complicated PoE setup with a DVR. I already have a desktop with plenty of storage space to act as a DVR and outlets to plug a camera into.

    submitted by /u/Carlos_The_Great
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap Mailbox Upgrade

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    Recommendations for First home and first home security.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    Hello all!

    Me and my wife are closing on our first home the first week of October. Extremely stressful and exciting time. We all have about the same reasons for home security systems and I want one to make my wife feel comfortable. She feels good, then I feel good.

    This will be my first home security, as growing up my mother kept a .38 Special on her at all times, a 12 gauge, and a bat. My wife has had home security before, but never really cared to look into them. She just knows how to use them.

    Well, I set up an install with Vivint without doing much research at all (I know the sub seems to hate them, and I apologize.) But! After 4 phone calls, 45 minutes of holding, and being hung up on twice, I was able to cancel the service request, just waiting on the refund now. And if getting a hold of them is this hard when I don't even have them as my home security yet, I'm glad I cancelled. Customer service is terrible.

    Anyway, back to the reason for this post. What do you guys recommend? I am pretty tech savvy as I have been in the It career field for 7 years now. One of my hobbies is building PC's and what not. Maybe some people here may hate this, but I am in the Google ecosystem, and I love it.

    Any home security solutions out there that work well with Google and will also call the police if my house is broken into or glass broke while I'm not home? They can be DIY or not, I'm open for anything, as I have over a month til move in date, and another month after that to get home security before my home insurance gets raised. Lol.

    Thanks for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/Mello_Zello
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment