• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 5, 2020

    Home security: I need help with a very old security system!

    Home security: I need help with a very old security system!


    I need help with a very old security system!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    Hello, i'm the IT manager for a medium sized company, we have a small office with a jurassic era security system.

    The information i could find on the web is:

    Brand: Testene Electronic

    Year: Max 2002 (but could be older)

    Model Nr.: Ts-C/4EPK

    Problem: There's a yellow light on the "INS DISINS" indicator.

    I'll leave a reference picture here:

    https://kartiell.it/_temp/91d75d9e-a757-4d99-a9c8-5599b40ac57a.JPG

    Any help is extremely appreciated since i have no clue where else to search, thank you!

    submitted by /u/in5ane_10
    [link] [comments]

    Dahua video intercom and electronic lock - worth it?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    I've got a reasonably extensive Dahua home security system being installed soon to replace an existing wireless system, and so I've been thinking about also upgrading the old-school doorbell at the gate and mechanical door lock on the front door to electric options. The front door is being replaced anyway so the cutout of the prospective lock isn't an issue, and the existing front gate doesn't have a lock function so that capability in an intercom isn't relevant atm.

    Is there any benefit to coordinating the systems, and going with a Dahua video intercom on the gate rather than a cheaper option like Ring? What about for the door lock, compared to one I could pick up from my local hardware shop?

    If you don't rate the Dahua products, is there another (either for the video doorbell or the electronic front door lock) that you'd highly recommend?

    Am I missing any obvious KPIs in my research here?

    TIA.

    submitted by /u/kirbysmum
    [link] [comments]

    Want solar motion light to chase away partyers

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    I live in a wooded area with a creek and some fallen trees, which make great partying seats, apparently. I've found beer & other liquor bottles littered in my backyard, as well as socks (could be worse). This area is down a significant hill from my house, so I don't see or hear this happening. Recently, someone stole something of my son's that he left down there. No clue who it is, although my son did ask around and people were all too happy to point fingers at each other. He put up a no trespassing sign last winter when he noticed the first signs of people being down there. That hasn't been respected. A few years ago something similar happened (no theft) but I did find some small drug baggies around, so I went around and talked to the neighbors (different batch). Again, all too happy to point fingers at each other, but that episode of partying stopped. I have no problem if you're just walking through the area, or taking your dog on a walk, or maybe if you ask me if you can hang down there and I know you. Otherwise, no, go find your own place to sit by the water and drink.

    I have trees and a shed which I could potentially hang a motion activated light from. No power, and it's wooded and shady, so I don't know if solar would work (or even exists). I would like a motion activated light, and I'm not looking for top of the line. There are also a bunch of animals, small ones and deer, who I wouldn't want to trip the lights all night. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/1095966
    [link] [comments]

    Google invests in ADT, will integrate its Nest devices into smart home business

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    Similar App/ software for video surveillance?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    I have locations i have under video surveillance and they all operate with different apps & software. Im looking to get more units but i would prefer to keep everything on one app. Is there a way to see what apps use what hardware?

    submitted by /u/-chrisandrews-
    [link] [comments]

    Home camera system for speeding vehicles

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    So there's a home on my block with several young kids (I'd estimate 6-13 years old). They're mostly unsupervised and have been seen driving vehicles in the neighborhood by several different neighbors. CPS and nonemergency PD line have been called with no real action. It happened again today so I called 911 and eventually was able to get a unit to come take a statement and talk to an adult who showed up after the kids saw me taking pictures of the vehicle they were driving. The PD seemed less than impressed so I'm hoping to get a camera system to cover my house but primarily to have a camera pointed at the street and catch the kids in action. I made a production out of it and made sure most of the neighbors are aware but I want objective evidence. We've got a bunch of small children who play in the street (including the kids in question!) and I don't want anyone getting hurt or killed.

    Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/mursemanmke
    [link] [comments]

    XProtect Smart Client takes too long to load. Gets stuck on. It gets stuck on: "Running tasks for: Metadata Search Plugin, Access controls"

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    Any ideas ? It will EVENTUALLY load after a few minutes but it takes so long when it says "Running tasks for: Metadata Search Plugin, Access controls"

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Warptrooper
    [link] [comments]

    Referral bonus links for Eufy cams and alarm systems. Bonus sensors and cams.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    Hi there, don't see these posted so I hope it's ok to share. I wish I had those when I bought my doorbell.

    Free indoor can with weird video doorbell.

    Eufy alarm: get 2 free extra sensors with purchase (4 total)

    Eufy am 2C 3-cam kit. Get two sensors free with purchase.

    Battery doorbell. Get 2 free sensors.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tio_Hector_Salamanca
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to figure out which route to go post ADT

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    I had ADT (pulse) for years before a poor upgrade experience to Command and Control (wanted a touch screen) using Alarm com and realizing later there was no capability to arm/disarm on a schedule (deal breaker) convinced me to cancel. I got the feeling ADT didn't really know what they were doing and a manager almost admitted as much. They did install a touch panel, remote panel (Honeywell?), removed the existing Pulse router and installed a wireless converter. They left all the equipment after we couldn't come to an agreement and they couldn't give me scheduled arm/disarm.

    Since then, I've been looking at alternatives for a while. I was almost going to get a qolsys panel with alarm com service but haven't done anything, yet. I have wired sensors except for a few wireless which were added later. I haven't looked at the 2 motion sensors I have to determine if they're wireless or wired.

    Recently, I began looking at Ring. I'd prefer to use as much existing equipment as I can including the contact sensors I already have on all doors and windows. I have Alexa so connectivity would be preferable. I also saw they have a retrofit kit to use existing wired sensors. However, it seems Ring doesn't have scheduled arm/disarm which people have managed to do with hacks or 3rd party tools. Amazes me such a basic feature doesn't exist in security systems.

    I'd like some opinions and advice on Ring, Alarm com, etc, and which way to go that makes sense, cost and functionality wise not to mention installation help. For Ring, I'm probably spending around $400 if I get a kit and the retrofit with monitoring for $10 if I decide on it? If I get a qolsys panel, etc, looking at around $400 or so? Alarm com with scheduled arm/disarm in the $20s a month. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bhairya
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone used Blue by ADT??

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Looks like ADT has a DIY home security system called "Blue by ADT". They have a good price on equipment (which makes it even cheaper than Ring. And 20/month monitoring with no contracts (which is better than SimpliSafe and Abode. It would be nice to know how the hardware holds up against the likes of other big names (Ring, Nest, SS, Abode). What is the battery life? Smart integrations, etc.
    https://www.bluebyadt.com/

    I know Reddit has hate for ADT, but I thought I would keep an open mind when trying to choose a new alarm system. If they are indeed trying to change their business model to be more flexible, I cant fault them for that. Just want to get opinions on this new endeavor of theirs and see if anyone has any first or second hand experience.

    submitted by /u/efplaya
    [link] [comments]

    Live 24/7 view

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    Looking for a camera that is wireless and does live 24/7 streaming. The wyze outdoor is sold out and another one I looked at is also sold out. I have a ring and it completely missed someone outside our home. I need something more stable and reliable

    submitted by /u/jxncs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment