• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 8, 2020

    Home security: I just want a way to videotape my sketchy neighbors

    Home security: I just want a way to videotape my sketchy neighbors


    I just want a way to videotape my sketchy neighbors

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    TL;DR at bottom

    So the bottom line is my next door neighbor (I live in a townhouse) won't stop parking in my driveway. I've spoken to them seven times in person now. I believe my neighbors are running an unlicensed business out of their garage because it's random cars every time. I found the neighbor's business page online since he so smartly has the name splattered on his car window.

    I already took pics and reported them to the HOA. Neighbor says that me taking pics of his property is harassment. Mind you, I am standing on my property taking pics of them illegally blocking my driveway & parked on my part of the grass to wash their car(s). After the neighbors received the HOA letter he came over and blasted me. He called me a Karen. The situation got so heated I am afraid they will try to retaliate with vandalism or worse. My neighbor is completely livid with me. I never once called the police or berated them.

    I need/want cameras to tape their behavior as it pertains to my property. I am not concerned about a break-in. I just need a good way to catch them in case they decide to do something to my house.

    I have a meeting with ADT next week but from what I've read they are expensive and use high-pressure sales tactics. I've read up on Ring as well. This stuff seems too complicated since I don't need a special doorbell or panic button etc.

    TL;DR: next door neighbor keeps parking in my driveway and is now mad at me. I need cameras to protect myself in case they try to retaliate.

    submitted by /u/mermaiddiva26
    [link] [comments]

    PoE System Installation

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Does anyone have a recommendation for transitioning wires from the outdoor cameras inside? I'd like for it to look as clean as possible, and I'm not quite sure what the best way to do that is. I was thinking of coring a small hole to feed wires through, then possibly caulking around that. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/SD2A_1776
    [link] [comments]

    A simple offline video system

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    Hi there, as I get older I get more and more scared of all the bad things that could happen to me and my family. I am wondering if anyone has some suggestions for a simple offline camera system. I only have one entrance to my home, so I am looking for one camera that only communicates with a video monitor inside the house. Not connected to the internet or my phone or anything. (Those ring stories freaked me out!!) Ideally, it would also have the ability to make a noise or something when the motion activation has been tripped. That way if I'm home, I can tell when someone is coming to the door. It isn't really feasible for me to spend a bunch of money on this either. So basically I'm just looking for a cheap secure (in the sense that it can't be hacked) option. I found something called the Phoenix M2 that seems like it might be a good option? Thoughts? Thanks ahead of time!

    submitted by /u/throwaway7384692
    [link] [comments]

    Paradox Evo192 not getting wireless signal

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    Hey guys. Hoping someone can help me here.

    I have a paradox EVO 192 alarm system with mostly PMD85 wireless dual beams about 40 of them. I am running 3 RTX 3's around the building for connection to them.

    About 3 weeks ago I had a power surge and the main board blew a trace and stopped functioning so I ended up needing to replace it.

    Anyway since then its been a back and forth fight to get the sensors to want to connect to the RTX 3 with beams not even managing 5m range outside with line of sight.

    I have fully configured the system from scratch mutiple times and still they just can't maintain a steady signal where as before I had sensors 20-30m away and they functioned perfectly fine.

    If anyone has advice on this issue it would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/_Code_man_
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the usability of M855 green tip ammo

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    So I had a major ammo haul and got stocked up with Federal XM193 rounds. Other than one magazine of 70-grain hollow points, it's my primary load. However, I still have several hundred M855 steel core rounds. Before I ask my question, I want to provide some context:

    Imagine a scenario WROL, SHTF, etc. There are no police to call for help, you're on your own for self-defense and there are unrestrained, violent/armed rioters roaming your neighborhood looting and hurting people. In defense of your neighborhood, would it not make sense to have a few mags of M855 considering the fact that people will likely be taking cover behind cars and fences? I'm just wondering if that sounds like a practical, situational use for that type of ammunition.

    Again, this is purely speculative and only being thought of within a defensive frame of reference. It's also highly unlikely to happen. I get that. It's just a question and any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/realsteal19
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment