• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    Home security: Discourage dumping

    Home security: Discourage dumping


    Discourage dumping

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    Hi everyone Can someone point me to a previous post about trail cams that will send activity alerts to my phone? My wife and I purchased a lot and people are dumping construction materials on it.

    submitted by /u/myfangersmellsfunny
    [link] [comments]

    Troubleshooting Honeywell - Alarm won't arm or chime and no error code

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Door reinforcement vs door armor max set

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    I'm needing to beef up security on my front exterior door.

    I was looking at picking up a armor max set with the long jamb shield, mini door shields, and hinge shields included. Now I'm wondering if I also need a wrap around door reinforcement? Would the armor max mini door shields be enough?

    submitted by /u/esantis
    [link] [comments]

    How to report yi home GDPR

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    Just recently joined, but I'm trying to share my YI home camera with my partner.

    However the share code qr / email both do not share any of our cameras.

    It shares a camera from a random house that we should not have access to.

    If they are doing this to me, what's to say other people can't see mine?

    This is a blatant gdpr breach, or failing that, a serious security flaw, who are the relevant authorities to report this to?

    Tldr - yi home showing someone else's camera, who to report to?

    Edit - I live in the UK

    submitted by /u/Steggu
    [link] [comments]

    Placement of new camera

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Hi all, bought couple dahua cameras and now looking for location for it. I wanted to mount it under eave but realised last couple of heavy rain downpour had caused some overflow on gutter and wetted the eave board. Would it still be safe to mount under eave board?

    Or should I get a wall mount instead? I know the camera come with water proof cap for the network port but is that enough to protect the camera?

    Or would a junction box help in anyway?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/wind_eric
    [link] [comments]

    What's your take on Yi cameras such as this indoor 1080p camera? Are they completely unsecure or are security fears overblown?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Best alarm system

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm currently a new home owner and looking for advice on a security system. I have 4 entrance and 14 windows and around 2,000 square feet. I've looked at ring, simply safe, and ADT just don't know what will be best.

    submitted by /u/kcc_2
    [link] [comments]

    About how much bandwidth do cameras like Ring, Nest, etc use on their advertised usage?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    I am moving into a rental and can't really run wires or anything like that. I do want some cameras and the only cameras I can find are those popular brands like Nest or Ring.

    I am asking because I'm trying to decide which internet package I should buy. Before I thought about buying cameras, I was gonna get the cheapest package my ISP offer since I don't really do much and have a maximum of five devices connected at a time, but usually 2, my phone and a laptop for work or streaming movies.

    If those wifi cameras use up a lot of bandwidth, I'll have no choice but to pay for better internet.

    The basic package from my ISP is like 10 down and 1 up I think. The next package up is 30/3, then 150/10.

    Would the 30/3 be enough to support 4 of these wifi cameras? I probably won't be using any live stream features unless I had to.

    submitted by /u/RankoPapiko
    [link] [comments]

    Need help defining a zone - Vista20p / 6150 keypad

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Good morning. A year or so ago, I set up my Vista20p panel to work with a Konnected.io panel, and did some programming to fix a couple of zones that were weird. Unfortunately, I can't find any of my notes.

    I guess I messed something up, because my Zone 5, which is my front and garage entry doors, chimes when the alarm system is disarmed, but when the system is armed (stay, away, instant), they don't chime or alarm when opened.

    I am assuming that I failed to define this zone as an entry zone (although the issue could be something else).

    Can anyone assist me in changing this zone to an entry zone so that it will chime/alarm when the system is armed? Thanks so much.

    submitted by /u/SkyshroudX
    [link] [comments]

    Camera placement

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Today's the day! Cameras are going up tonight. Scrappers backed down our driveway but luckily someone was home and they took off. Looking at the nest cameras so we can get notifications to our phones. Just not too sure where to place them. I have made a poorly drawn map of my property, showing the garage, house, and trees.

    I was thinking one on the garage, either north east corner facing south down the driveway, but there's a bush there that might obstruct a lot of the FOV. Not terribly attached to the bush though so I could chop it down. Would place the other one on the north west corner of the house, over the deck facing the vehicles and anyone coming up to the door. Should I put the second one in the trees west of the house which would also get a decent view of the driveway/front lawn/deck?

    submitted by /u/204farmer
    [link] [comments]

    Help with finding a Home Security system

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    I'm looking to set up a home security. If possible I would like these options. I'm hoping I can buy one system with all these options. I tried looking it up myself but it seems like I can only find paid subscriptions keep popping up on my search.

    -Live feed and the ability to view past motion triggered alarms -No Subscriptions -Motion notifications to my phone when detected -Contact sensor alarms ability to turn on and off on app -Contact local police

    Please let me know if there are any options. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/flyconQ
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendation for a self-monitored system?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    Hey, we currently have the older Simplisafe system and a few Wyze cams but I'm really interested in having our cameras and security system connected to one mobile app for simplicity.

    Ideally we're looking for:

    - The ability to view cameras and remotely trigger the alarm in one android app

    - The ability to use 3rd party cameras. I'm really interested in trying the Dahua Starlights (I'll grudgingly use proprietary cameras if I have to)

    - Wired cameras (Must have)

    - For the security system, we should only need a keypad, key fobs, door sensors, motion sensors and sirens

    I'm not put off by the complexity of setting up a system, but once set up it has to be simple and reliable enough for my parents to use.

    We don't want any monitoring. Appreciate any advice!

    submitted by /u/nano404
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment