• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 16, 2020

    Home security: Looking for an outdoor security camera with motion detection for predators

    Home security: Looking for an outdoor security camera with motion detection for predators


    Looking for an outdoor security camera with motion detection for predators

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    Hello everyone I will appreciate any help on the subject. I have been looking everywhere for a specific device but with no avail.

    I want a camera to monitor our ducks and chickens. I'm looking for one that will alert me on my phone when it senses movement, predators such as coyotes. It will be outside with no outlet, although we possibly could get power out there if necessary but would prefer battery. There is a little bit of WiFi out there too. It also would need night vision since these predators come out at night. I would also like if it recorded 15-30 seconds or so after it senses movement so if a predator comes at night and I don't get the notification then I can see it in the morning. Bonus points if it shines a light or makes a noise when it senses movement, to scare predators away.

    Feel free to ask me anymore specific questions about the camera I need.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Cave_Miner
    [link] [comments]

    UK: Reliable "Smart" Burglar Alarm?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Moving to a new home with no burglar alarm. Looking for a system that I can arm/disarm remotely, but without any monthly fees or anything like that.

    Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/GilfredJonesThe1st
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have experience with Cove Home Security?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    We were looking into getting this and were wondering if anyone has any good or bad experiences with it? Do you think it's worth it?

    submitted by /u/watsrname
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a hidden camera for my dorm

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    Hey guys, my school is closing for 6-12 months, but we are all keeping our stuff on campus. The administration has said that no one will be using the facilities, but ive seen shadier things happen - and i have a lot of stuff i cant move but also cant afford to lose.

    I'd like some sort of hidden camera, maybe in a clock or smoke detector. Permanent power so that battery changes are not necessary - we wont have access for months. Connected to wifi is a must - some sort of cloud storage connection too.

    Any advice friends?

    submitted by /u/LiterallyPutin
    [link] [comments]

    Temporarily Close a doorway

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    Hello all - I am temporarily moving into an apartment that has two doorways entering into the hallway. The first doorway enters to the main hallway, and at the end of the hallway is the master bedroom. The second doorway enters directly into a guest room (which may one day be a child's bedroom).

    Does anyone have an idea (without removing the door and putting up a wall) how I can make this entryway unusable while I am living there?

    submitted by /u/TickleMyRoonal
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed for wiring outdoor PIR.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 05:37 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm trying to get my head around the wiring of this PIR.

    It looks like it was only connected to the old defunct alarm board with red, black and green. (hard to tell since it was cable gore)

    Here is the cable unplugged.

    The PIR is powered and works (red led when movement is detected)

    Any idea how I should connect this to get the status of the PIR?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jlauwers
    [link] [comments]

    Security cameras for renters?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    I'm looking for wall outlet or battery powered cameras, as I won't be able to run cables internally. The main features I'm looking for are weatherproofing and motion activation - I want to be alerted via app if someone's in the backyard at night for example.

    Blink has mixed reviews, don't know about the more expensive ones like Nest.

    submitted by /u/PrimeMover17
    [link] [comments]

    Civilian-legal flashbang distraction devices

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    I've been trying to come up with a gift idea for my father and a couple of flashbangs and pouches for the MOLLE webbing on his emergency go-bag seem like the perfect gift.

    It would be A: Hilarious, and B: Quite useful in a situation where we might need equipment like this in any capacity.

    The only articles online I've seen are from at least a year ago, and I can't find any active store pages. Was there a law change that made flashbangs unable to be classified as pyrotechnics instead of destructive devices?

    submitted by /u/Defragmented-Defect
    [link] [comments]

    Can I connect my ADT cameras to a DVR for playback?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    From my understanding, the cameras record on their own only when there is an alarm trip. But I'd like to be able to review footage from the day. So, can I connect my ADT cameras to a DVR?

    submitted by /u/BrandinoJam24
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment