• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 16, 2020

    Home security: Looking for a camera to detect my creepy landlord entering my rental without telling us

    Home security: Looking for a camera to detect my creepy landlord entering my rental without telling us


    Looking for a camera to detect my creepy landlord entering my rental without telling us

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    This is really uncomfortable but as far as I can tell my landlord occasionally enters our place without permission to do god knows what. I need a camera preferably with motion detection to find out how often she enters. As someone with no knowledge of this stuff, I figured Id ask the experts so thats where you guys come in!

    If there is any alternative option as well, like a tripwire mechanism to see when the door opens or something Id love to hear about it!

    submitted by /u/723updatebrokenaf
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a chime/alarm that turns on as soon as it is plugged in.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    I'm basically trying to build a DIY home security system. I have Wyze doors sensors that work really well. I'd like them to turn on a Wyze smart plug when they are opened (the easy part). Then, I want to plug in a lamp and this chime/alarm to go off when the plug is turned on.

    This should be a really simple piece of hardware, but I can't really describe or find what I am looking for. I don't need it to be insanely loud. I just want something about the tone and volume of an alarm clock.

    submitted by /u/Special_Fly1800
    [link] [comments]

    Comparing Security Camera Specs

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    I am looking at purchasing some security cameras and have specifically been looking at Hikvision based on various recommendations (like from /u/ImaginaryCheetah here.

    However, how do I know which camera to pick? Some of them look so similar that I don't understand the price differences. I am currently looking between these three:

    Hikvision DarkFighter DS-2CD2685G0-IZS

    Hikvision DS-2CD2683G1-IZS

    Hikvision DarkFighter DS-2CD2085G1-I

    I want a very good quality, but don't want to pay extra money for no reason. So what is the reason for the $320 vs $270 vs $200 price differences? Are the bump ups in price worth it?

    submitted by /u/Flipper3
    [link] [comments]

    GPS Tracker Spoof Device?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I recently had some items stolen from my car including a dash cam and a pair of prescription sunglasses. My car was parked in the garage of my apartment when I forgot to lock my doors. It makes me think the person who stole the items lives in my apartment complex and would be easy to catch given the opportunity.

    Is anyone aware of an item that, say, looks like a cell phone or another valuable item but is actually a GPS tracker that I could leave on my car to tempt them?

    submitted by /u/bradradio
    [link] [comments]

    Two way audio with mobile?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    I am intending to set up a home camera setup, preferably with either a proprietary NVR box, or Blue Iris/Shinobi.

    The main requirement I have is that I need an Android app that connects to this system and can use two way audio. I would probably prefer a propietary NVR box so I can put it in the Ethernet network stack I am installing in the house.

    This is using an indoor Ethernet POE camera with 2 way audio ( not sure which yet). Probably a few more once I make sure this works.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mecha_mess
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a good quality security camera that has 2 cameras on one mount?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    Wireless and Battery Indoor Cam

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    Does anyone have any recommended cameras which stand on a table/flat surface (not wall mounted), which is wifi and also battery operated, as I don't have a wall outlet in the area where I want to install it. Of course would love the other features (motion detection, app, save video in the app), etc.

    A good equivalent is the arlo outdoor camera which is also battery and wifi, but looks for something indoor.

    Any suggested brands/models?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/kramer9797
    [link] [comments]

    (UK) affordable indoor security cam recommendations?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    Hi im based in the UK, looking for an indoor camera recommendation.

    It is for my elderly dad (not the most tech savvy) who is having trouble with an aggressive freehold landlord that has broken into the apartment before to "fix" a huge roof leak with clothes pegs!, that has made the apartment uninhabitable and he has also cut off our communal hallway light directly in-front of our front door (and left an exposed live wire in the walls) to save himself £8 in lighting costs a year, amongst other things.

    We need a 2 or 3 camera set up (front door/hallway, entrance, and bedroom) that has micro sd card, mobile app, and continuous cloud storage. Initially there wont be any wifi apart from mobile hotspot hence the need for sd card aswell.

    I would like to be able to access at least 14 days of continuous recordings from my phone or pc as i live an hour away, as well as alerts/playback if possible.

    I don't mind one that requires a subscription for cloud storage as long as it can record continuously via cloud and has a clean/simple to use and reliable app.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kushtanza
    [link] [comments]

    Any hardwired cameras with similar features to the nest?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    I want to get hardwired cameras but I really like the features of the nest cameras like the facial recognition and the custom alerts (like package alerts on the nest hello).

    submitted by /u/zhydoc
    [link] [comments]

    do you guys have any experience with ring's system

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    hey guys

    I am considering switching to ring because they are affordable. On youtube I havent seen any bad reviews but i also know those could be sponsored videos. I am wondering if you have any experience with them and what your thoughts are. I am considering them, simplisafe, blue by adt and nest.

    thanks

    submitted by /u/eagle3546
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment