• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 14, 2020

    Home security: ISO: Semi-quiet/silent door sensor that I can connect to wifi and have call me when it is triggered.

    Home security: ISO: Semi-quiet/silent door sensor that I can connect to wifi and have call me when it is triggered.


    ISO: Semi-quiet/silent door sensor that I can connect to wifi and have call me when it is triggered.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    I live in an apartment and don't want an insanely loud alarm. I'm mainly looking for something that I can have be quiet or only moderately loud so that I can wake up if someone breaks in or get a notification on my phone while I am away.

    submitted by /u/Special_Fly1800
    [link] [comments]

    Converting Alarm System to Smart System

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    I have what looks to be a home security system that is either Honeywell or Ademco. How can I figure out if this can be upgraded to a smart system or not?

    submitted by /u/drumsticks_baby
    [link] [comments]

    In the market for a good security camera

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    Last night several cars in my boyfriend's driveway had their brakes cut, and tires slashed. No one did anything to entice the person; we just live in Florida. It seems as if it was a highly intoxicated new neighbor. He left blood all over one of the tires, and when the cops found him, he had blood all over his hands, and his story didn't make sense. Anyways, he lives in the county on a lake where it is a bit swampy. I assume that would mean wireless is best, but I'm so ignorant with this that I wanted to ask this thread for advice. I would prefer to give him one he didn't have to subscribe to, but if it effects the quality of security or being able to get alerts on cellphones/checking in remotely, then paying for membership will have to do because that is non-negotiable. I just want the peace of mind for all of us, not too long ago my boyfriend was attacked by a neighbors dog while he was getting out of his car. This isn't the first incident with neighbors but it's the last straw. I am going crazy thinking about what could have happened, and so now I'm in the market for one. Any advice or recommendations is much appreciated. Thanks in advance! (I'm on a bit of a budget. I'm unemployed because of the pandemic)

    Edit: the guy officially confessed. He is the son of the owner ofthe dog previously mentioned and he did it out of revenge despite charges being dropped and nothing happening in that incident outside of the dog getting lose and biting my boyfriends face. He has been arrested and charged. He is expected to be released and I anticipate further retaliation so I really want this set up fast and as stress free (and cheap) as possible.

    submitted by /u/soulofflames
    [link] [comments]

    Battery makes a squeak noise when trying to connect?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    My house came with a gemini security system and ive been wanting to turn it on so i bought a new battery(UB1270) for it since the one it had was dead. First i turned off everything in the breaker then went to the master bedroom closet where the circuit(?) box is for the alarm system and attached the positive cable then was about to attach the negative which i did carefully knowing i could get a round of shock therapy if anything happens and the second i gently touched the negative cable to the negative on the battery, it made a squeaking noise and i backed up quick lol(experience with car batteries sparking due to high arc). This happened with the circuit breaker being all shut off so.. what does this mean? Is this squeak noise normal? Should i just attach the negative and turn the breaker on? Im worried about sparks and fire. Or is this the sign of high arc/short within the house?

    submitted by /u/alwyzkrzy
    [link] [comments]

    do you guys know what companies buy out contracts?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Hello

    I am looking to switch from guardian that runs my wife and I 53 a month for minimum features. I have two years left on the contract and can get out for $700. I know vivint will buy out contracts, but was wondering if any other ones will also. Can you guys let me know?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/eagle3546
    [link] [comments]

    PC/Phone compatible surveillance programs?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    So I am going out of town and I am looking for any decent programs that i can download onto my PC and access the footage from my phone. Any good recommendations? Preferably free programs but if not, as long as its not expensive!

    submitted by /u/Ricepaper97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment